Its up to US to merge POT5/Jung Ma

Bioware isn't listening to your complaints about server populations....look it up on Reddit the devs were just talking **** at the cantina event about "better than cross server" Bio isn't gona merge the pvp servers so its up to us to merge ourselves..stop transferring off to the heavy pve servers what we should be doing is merging the pvp servers ourselves and mass exodus from one pvp server to the other...

No one cares about ''server type'' in this game. There isn't open world pvp, so all people care about are playing with other people (the MMO part of the MMORPG). So everyone is moving to populated servers, not servers that have the same ''label'' as their origin server.

Jung ma is AS dead if not worse than pot5, so it makes no sense to move there. And there is NO WAY you're getting that entire server, or even a fraction of it to move to pot5. So there isn't a point for them to move here either. Moving to populated pve servers IS the best choice.

Edited by SOULCASTER

• 2 weeks later...
Soulcaster you idiot merge means you MERGE the two servers..not switch hahah. They would merge the two least populated servers to prevent overpopulation and server wide lag.

Haha, nevermind. I'm not going to even bother with a response because I couldnt care less about pot5 or jung ma, they are both dead pos servers. Hope you guys are enjoying it here. Take care.

Edited by SOULCASTER

No one cares about ''server type'' in this game. There isn't open world pvp, so all people care about are playing with other people (the MMO part of the MMORPG). So everyone is moving to populated servers, not servers that have the same ''label'' as their origin server.

Jung ma is AS dead if not worse than pot5, so it makes no sense to move there. And there is NO WAY you're getting that entire server, or even a fraction of it to move to pot5. So there isn't a point for them to move here either. Moving to populated pve servers IS the best choice.

^^This^^

A populated PvE server is your best bet. Merging 2 dead servers by yourself is silly. You'd get maybe 10-20% of the people on POT5 to move with you...that means, of the 50 players on Fleet during prime time, you're only looking at moving 5-10 of them....to another dead server. Don't be silly...move to where the people are.

Character transfers have been down for a while. When will it return?

Makes you wonder huh...kinda strange that Transfers have worked fine for the past few years, then suddenly, as a server has a mass exodus, they go down...

Soulcaster you idiot merge means you MERGE the two servers..not switch hahah. They would merge the two least populated servers to prevent overpopulation and server wide lag.

Don't listen to him if, youre going to populated, no wpvp server EH is your best bet there are good pubs and imps pvping all the time on EH while SL is just another IMPERIAL CIVIL WAR server with awful pubs...All people care about on SL is running the new ops anyway..forget RAV/TOS its both a joke compared to DF/DP everyone and their mother including me has full sets on multiple toons..Its seriously not even cool to have set pieces anymore to the point that I have been strictly pvping because at least its a little harder to get gear...I remember when not everyone had dread forge gear and now we all already have revanite/res gear

• 3 weeks later...

We would welcome you in Bastion. We too are a PVP server.

GTN prices on both servers are basically the same, you would see little change in Bastion.

Jung Ma is very quiet and there's nothing on the Jung Ma GTN.

Bastions GTN on the other hand has more items for sale than any other server in SWTOR.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a handful of toons (17 to be exact)... so at 1800cc per character, i'm looking at around 30500 cc, or at least $240, to transfer all my toons.

Nevermind the in-game investments that do not transfer, like cargo expansions, or my guild's flagship, decos, and bank.

I'm not sure if personal stronghold unlocks and deco's transfer, but if not, that's another significant sacrifice for many players too.

So, why should anyone be inclined to spend possibly hundreds of REAL dollars AND forfeit a substantial investment of in-game currency in an attempt to address this problem? The burden of fixing it should be on the devs and admins, not the players. Why should we sacrifice what we've worked so hard for, and line their pockets with CC purchases just to fix something that isn't our fault or responsibility?

I dunno what the best solution to this problem is, all I know is that it shouldn't have to cost us so damn much -- hasn't the PROBLEM cost us enough already!

Edited by InfidelObis

You guys are not looking at things from a business prospective.

The new Star Wars movie will bring in a whole new generation of Star Wars fans and likely catapult

SWTOR to the #1 MMO online if Disney gave us just a 30 second ad in the movies theatrical preview.

They should utilize Disney animators in the future as well.

Id rather have bioware give us character transfers so we can choose, merging a dead server with a dead server wont change anything... Give people the choice for where they want to go. Many will choose harb.

They gave you 12xXP because they aren't closing the server...be smart and use it on a new one.

You guys are not looking at things from a business prospective.

The new Star Wars movie will bring in a whole new generation of Star Wars fans and likely catapult

SWTOR to the #1 MMO online if Disney gave us just a 30 second ad in the movies theatrical preview.

They should utilize Disney animators in the future as well.

borderline delusional if you think the movie is gonna make the population in swtor boom. anyone that does venture to this game because of the movie will likely be new to star wars in general. once they find out it couldnt be farther from the movies storyline and timeline they will most likely leave. so in reality we are looking at a good 1-2 weeks of fresh noobs that will quickly leave.

on the off chance that the movie is the saving grace of the game, its too far out. its half a year away. these two servers are as close to dead as they can get. if you wait half a year its going to get worse. you cant live for the future if you mess up your now. now is the time to act, not when the movie comes out.