PoT5 = Dead > Need Merge ASAP

exodusdm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's more practical than merging two different server types. RPers chose an RP server for a reason.

Yes, because they are under the mistaken impression that a reasonable amount of the player population cares.

I play on a RP server, no one seems to care. The number of times I see people RPing is countable on one hand.

PvE = RP, having them separate is silly.

Most of my guild quit the game or transferred off pot5. It's dead jim. Abandon ship!

Seriously though, in regards to East Coast Servers:

Merging SHADOWLANDS & JEDI COVENANT (both pve) would probably be best.

Merging POT5 (pvp), Jung Ma (RP-PvP) and the EBON HAWK (RP-PVE) would probably be best.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Personal prediction - if it happens, whatever server it is merged with will be dead within 6-12 months as well. It's dead because of a toxic community, and merging will bring the toxic community to the merged server. Rinse and repeat.

Personal prediction - if it happens, whatever server it is merged with will be dead within 6-12 months as well. It's dead because of a toxic community, and merging will bring the toxic community to the merged server. Rinse and repeat.

Nah man, that's Harbinger now :D

Yeah uh I made a toon on Harbinger because 12xp and the community is far worse than in POT5.

Signing

Edited by zZeroAgent

I have many characters on multiple servers. They each have separate legacies, separate names, separate stories. If any servers get merged, it will combine these legacies that were meant to be separate.

Few enough characters have a surname, anyways, I'd have to abandon a legacy's surname, a merge may even take me over the maximum character slot limit. What will happen to my hard-worked characters? Will they just get deleted? Will they be forever locked until I can transfer them somewhere else? (Further jumbling the set legacies I've set up.)

The only way I'd be okay with any server merging is if they also implement an alternate surname system, at least.

I have many characters on multiple servers. They each have separate legacies, separate names, separate stories. If any servers get merged, it will combine these legacies that were meant to be separate.

Few enough characters have a surname, anyways, I'd have to abandon a legacy's surname, a merge may even take me over the maximum character slot limit. What will happen to my hard-worked characters? Will they just get deleted? Will they be forever locked until I can transfer them somewhere else? (Further jumbling the set legacies I've set up.)

The only way I'd be okay with any server merging is if they also implement an alternate surname system, at least.

Reading this makes me want to punch a puppy. So you're more concerned about your character's surnames, stories and playing house than quality game-play for hundreds...nay, thousands of players who pvp AND pve? I don't know, perhaps start a blog for your star wars role playing fantasies rather than be an obstacle for something that is sorely & sadly needed. How 'bout put this in your pipe and smoke it: besides the obvious logical reasons for a merge, many of us have LOST multitudes of REAL friends and acquaintances due to the failure of Bioware to address this problem a year ago, they are now spread across literally every North American server and ToFn....now that, is a for real damn shame.

So yeah, yet another petition, suggestion /signed.

Edited by _Adisa_

many of us have LOST multitudes of REAL friends and acquaintances

How is it my fault you didn't follow your friends/acquaintances when they transferred to a different server? And, what do you expect me to do when they merge some servers and I end up with 22 characters on one server? Am I not allowed to play my own characters anymore?

How is it my fault you didn't follow your friends/acquaintances when they transferred to a different server? And, what do you expect me to do when they merge some servers and I end up with 22 characters on one server? Am I not allowed to play my own characters anymore?

Get over it, the game is in a bad rut right now and if you want it to survive, you'll have to adapt.

Where exactly did I say it was your fault? Please, do not give Bioware immunity on this and passing it off that I'm blaming another subscriber for their failures. If you've followed the server transfer issue an iota, you would know that you will not lose characters - based on past experiences of other server mergers/people with a myriad of toons-. Caveat: Not saying that won't happen, but it didn't in the past. How's the RP gonna be when there is no one to play with? Sorry Zero Fu....sympathy given for you wanting to go down with the ship to save your character's rich legacy.

With previous server merges, how were instances of characters with the same name handled? Were you also given more character slots?

I play on Jung Ma, and lately the population has been a bit heavier due to the promos. However, while leveling most of my characters and running dailies I've often been the only person on a planet (mostly evenings CST), or one of few. On Yavin and Oricon there is occasional PvP, but it's very spread out.

I would gladly welcome a server merge, but if it came at the cost of losing my characters and/or names (which is essentially your entire identity in an MMO) I would much rather just wait the few extra minutes for warzones.

Edited by TitusOfTides

It's dead because of a toxic community, and merging will bring the toxic community to the merged server. .

Honest question, no sarcasm. What is toxic about PoT5's community? You have your fair share of trolls, idiots and kids off of their meds, but other than that I really enjoy the people I've come to know on this server. Maybe I have a thicker skin than others, idk. I just found an awesome guild back in August 2014...they have a healthy pop, we do events most nights a week, and they're generally a good bunch. I'd hate to see that go away when it took me from launch until mid-2014 to find them.

/signed out of principle to keep the PoT5 community alive...if a merge is what it takes, then so be it.