Lightsabers from Esstran Imports Reputation have barrels instead of hilts.

Andrellma

Bump. Because reasons.

People who spent the money, either real or in game, to buy enough packs to reach legend with this reputation track should at least be able to use the weapons from the vendor.

Or is there a might/guardian/force wielder/resolve barrel that I don't know about?

Don't worry, there are only a few more in queue before you...still waiting on acknowledgement of the Regal Apparel Miniskirt fubar from last summer, so it can't be that long now, can it?

Yes, but at least the miniskirt was still usable. It was a graphical bug. A bad one, yes, but purely cosmetic nonetheless.

These lightsabers are essentially unusable due to the barrel slot. Nobody in their right mind is going to run aim/cunning on a knight/warrior, or consular/inquisitor.

Yes, but at least the miniskirt was still usable. It was a graphical bug. A bad one, yes, but purely cosmetic nonetheless.

These lightsabers are essentially unusable due to the barrel slot. Nobody in their right mind is going to run aim/cunning on a knight/warrior, or consular/inquisitor.

Presumably you could just use another saber, right? It's just these few that's bugged. Another saber won't look the same, but wait -- that's the same thing I was complaining about.

Edited by eartharioch

I have "Gladiator's Strike Techblade" in my collection.

I've just copied one to my inventory for a new character - requires a barrel rather than a hilt.

So it would appear some of the older items have now also been broken?

I've just copied one to my inventory for a new character - requires a barrel rather than a hilt.

Techblades always contain barrels.

bump.

Did these weapons not get tested before they were put into the game? Its appalling that something like this doesn't work. These items were put into the game for the sole purpose of generating revenue for the cash shop through a rep vendor. The Devs know full well that people are going to spend money for it. Its too bad that they can't take a little more pride in their work and pay attention to the details...

UMMMMMM that's a techblade..... why in the world would a techblade have a hilt spot?

I can honstly say I'd never noticed this - well there you go, learn something new :)

Cheers.

How do you never notice it? It's a techblade, meaning it can only be used by companions with that proficiency, all of which use Cunning or Aim, of which only come in barrels.

Wow - if all you've got to complain about is somebody making a mistake on some forums, everything must be pretty OK.

Yes, I made a mistake. How come I hadn't noticed? I expect I probably had, but it's also probably been a while since I've noticed - it's a blade, the "logical" assumption was that it would have a hilt over a barrel.

If you want to go on about my mistake please feel free. If you're attempting to embarras you won't - I've got absolutely no problem with saying:

I started playing SWTOR on the first day of pre-release (official release day minus five) and I also thought that a Techblade should have a hilt slot and not a barrel slot, hence the reason I posted such in this thread.

There you go. All confessed. Let it lie now?

I bought Valor from the reputation vendor once I hit Legend status and was at first confused when I tried to mod it with a hilt, only to see that it didn't have that slot. I wondered, had I bought the wrong item? But no...it is indeed the lightsaber, which then led to disappointment. I was going to buy the staff as well, but it too has the barrel problem.

I wound up just using another lightsaber, but that's beside the point. I can understand the frustration and possibly anger that some people might have with this issue. At the moment, the only way to earn rep in Esstran Imports is through buying the packs. Depending on your luck, it should take between 2 & 3 hypercrates to order to reach that level. In terms of cartel coins, that's between 10800 and 16200, when you look at real world dollars, that's $100-$140. If you were buying hypercrates specifically for the reputation grant to reach Legend to buy that lightsaber...only to find out it's essentially busted...that's a completely unnecessary fail on BioWare's part and a kick in the teeth to those who are clearly some of the bigger supporters.

Hopefully they fix this sooner rather than later.

I bought Valor from the reputation vendor once I hit Legend status and was at first confused when I tried to mod it with a hilt, only to see that it didn't have that slot. I wondered, had I bought the wrong item? But no...it is indeed the lightsaber, which then led to disappointment. I was going to buy the staff as well, but it too has the barrel problem.

I wound up just using another lightsaber, but that's beside the point. I can understand the frustration and possibly anger that some people might have with this issue. At the moment, the only way to earn rep in Esstran Imports is through buying the packs. Depending on your luck, it should take between 2 & 3 hypercrates to order to reach that level. In terms of cartel coins, that's between 10800 and 16200, when you look at real world dollars, that's $100-$140. If you were buying hypercrates specifically for the reputation grant to reach Legend to buy that lightsaber...only to find out it's essentially busted...that's a completely unnecessary fail on BioWare's part and a kick in the teeth to those who are clearly some of the bigger supporters.

Hopefully they fix this sooner rather than later.

This ^ Could not have said it better myself.

So, since Torque fire got the nod...just gonna bump this, for the hope that maybe there's a fix incoming for these as well.

Funny thing is, I have no intention of using any of these sabers, it's just a matter of principle. I'm sure people who spent the $100+ to max rep would at least like the option to be able to use the gear they paid for.

They are actually quite beautiful weapons. Very detailed. Shame the two are bugged. If any thing that deserves a quick fix it is this. Just goes to show no one is proofing anyone's work at Bioware. Reinforces my belief that there is only one programmer that works there thus why it takes forever for anything to be fixed.

Bump for justice. I just bought Valor for my new Jedi Guardian only to discover it is completely useless due to it having a barrel slot instead of a hilt. Please fix this Bioware, these weapons are expensive and to not be able to use them is just heart wrenching :(

Bump. ~ Please do fix these weapons. For those who spend 100's of dollars to get Legend. It's quite the let down to not be able to use them.

This is an error that should not have happened.

Presumably you could just use another saber, right? It's just these few that's bugged. Another saber won't look the same, but wait -- that's the same thing I was complaining about.

hehe

OP was left without anything to say after reading this. Cosmetics are important!