[BUG] Zoist Dead Center: Temporary Residence bonus quest

Banthabreeder

<<In any case, this bug is getting fixed in the 3.2.1 patch next week.

Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post

Civilians saved during the Mission “Temporary Residence” now consistently give proper credit. >>

Still not fixed. Although I have the vehicle already, having done it with another character <i'm gradually trying to finish Ziost with everyone to get ready for the 4.0 expansion> , only one civilian killed gives you "credit" for rescueing him from the guards around him. This is on Ebon Hawk server.

• 1 month later...

Just was there grouped with my brother and we couldn't find any civilians that would trigger the mission.

This bug has been around for at least half a year. Furthermore, the quest is tied to an achievement and is impossible to return to after completing the Ziost storyline. Would it be too much to ask for it to be at least acknowledged?

Yep. Can confirm. Still bugged.

A friendly advice for scoundrels & other stealth users. A 'working' civilian can be 'rescued' twice. Once you attack the hostiles, he runs away. If you perform the disappearing act (or whatever the instant stealth is called) asap, it would make him respawn. Hence less waiting for the routine resp.

Normally I never cheat, honestly, but I can hardly even call that cheating, it's just a way to complete the bugged quest a lill bit faster.

Edited by NRieh

• 3 weeks later...
I completed this quest this evening with my Imperial Agent Sniper. There were two civilians in the People's Tower Plaza map that could be rescued, at -2063, 27 and -2092, 36 (in other words, on the south side of the staircase to the door mission, both upstairs and downstairs). Granted, I had to wait for both to respawn, but since there were two, it wasn't too bad.

• 4 weeks later...
I completed this quest this evening with my Imperial Agent Sniper. There were two civilians in the People's Tower Plaza map that could be rescued, at -2063, 27 and -2092, 36 (in other words, on the south side of the staircase to the door mission, both upstairs and downstairs). Granted, I had to wait for both to respawn, but since there were two, it wasn't too bad.

Been doing this and now, even the one downstairs appears to be broken. I've hit every spawn point, and except for the one being choked at the top of the stairs, none of the civilians are counting for the rescue.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the necro post, but I just wanted to point out this is still bugged. Almost three years later and it's never been fixed.

That's some pathetic BS, since while it's only a bonus series, it's tied to an achievement and a mount, and you absolutely cannot get either. I tried every spawn point, including the guy being choked, and he just continues to hang in the air being choked by a dead guy, I guess.

Did it again today and yes, it is still bugged. I managed to finish it though - the usual way, killed several waves/respawns of mobs, probably rescued like 30-40 citizens :)

It is really strange that there is NO SINGLE PERSON in EA that handles such bugs.

• 4 months later...
I just played it and it is still bugged. But has anyone found the entrance to the underground room? I found it once a while back but haven't been able to find it again. There was a civilian down there that I was able to rescue.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I apologize for the necro of this post, but I found a workaround for anyone who does stumble across this post. It seems that if your companion either kills or possibly even just damages the NPC, it doesn't register for you. Put your companion on passive, and every single civilian will be able to be rescued. I just did some testing, and this worked up until I finished the bonus. After I was finished, the civilians didn't run away, but that may simply be from having completed the mission. Next time I run a toon through Ziost, I'll do another test and update this post.

• 4 months later...
I apologize for the necro of this post, but I found a workaround for anyone who does stumble across this post. It seems that if your companion either kills or possibly even just damages the NPC, it doesn't register for you. Put your companion on passive, and every single civilian will be able to be rescued. I just did some testing, and this worked up until I finished the bonus. After I was finished, the civilians didn't run away, but that may simply be from having completed the mission. Next time I run a toon through Ziost, I'll do another test and update this post.

Sorry to necro this but... The quest is still bugged and setting a companion to passive or even dismissing it does nothing. Been stuck at 3/5 for hours with no way of completing it.

• 7 months later...

This bug is very old and apparently its priority in the devs buglist is very low if not zero, sadly...

Anyway, here is my suggestion: kill the enemies around citizens as slowly as possible. Especially if you are lvl 75 at the time of this mission, which is quite easy to achieve, you can kill all of them in a few sec with powerful AoE ability. Don't do this, use the most slow attack you have.

• 10 months later...