Carbonize baseline for all BH

Floplag

ive been thinking about this one a lot of late... there isnt anything uniquely PT about it... why not make this baseline for all BH? This would help a lot in terms of Merc survivability as it would allow us an escape to get distance or heal or force them use use their breaker to prevent it. As an AoE it would stop the burst in 4mans. Wouldnt affect PvE at all.

IDK just a thought that would not require a ton to do.

That and KO at 50% or more might solve a lot of problems...

that would be awesome! both the KO and the carbonite.. anyone know when the patch is gunna load that gives all mercs the new heal?? i cant wait to get a no CD heal back unless they nerf the crap out of it...

Nah. For one, I'd rather my much needed defensive buff not come in the form of a CC that can easily be outranged or be negated by one of the many immunities in the game. For another, one more stun would be an offensive buff that at least Arsenal does not need right now (while still not being enough to fix the defensive issues).

anyone know when the patch is gunna load that gives all mercs the new heal??

They were scrapped/delayed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=809537

i cant wait to get a no CD heal back unless they nerf the crap out of it...

Between the changes to Rapid Scan in 3.0 and those that were originally planned for 3.2.1, they did nerf the crap out of it. I can only assume you were excited about the heal change because you remember pre 3.0 Rapid Scan and thought we were getting that back, which we were not. The 3.2.1 Rapid Scan would have been absolute s***. It would have been a nerf, and it's a good thing it is being reconsidered.

Edited by diadox

that would be awesome! both the KO and the carbonite.. anyone know when the patch is gunna load that gives all mercs the new heal?? i cant wait to get a no CD heal back unless they nerf the crap out of it...

Actually as others have mentioned it isnt what you think... the no cooldown heal we were going to get was nerfed to the point of being little better than kolto shot and was scrapped/delayed anyway... it wasnt what we hoped for.

Nah. For one, I'd rather my much needed defensive buff not come in the form of a CC that can easily be outranged or be negated by one of the many immunities in the game. For another, one more stun would be an offensive buff that at least Arsenal does not need right now (while still not being enough to fix the defensive issues).

They were scrapped/delayed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=809537

Between the changes to Rapid Scan in 3.0 and those that were originally planned for 3.2.1, they did nerf the crap out of it. I can only assume you were excited about the heal change because you remember pre 3.0 Rapid Scan and thought we were getting that back, which we were not. The 3.2.1 Rapid Scan would have been absolute s***. It would have been a nerf, and it's a good thing it is being reconsidered.

Perhaps, but im trying to think of what could help us within 2 strict criteria:

#1 something that is within the framework of existing skills.

#2 something that would not affect PVE so it doesnt require a pre-nerf that people are screaming for.

Yes, Carbonize has limited range, but melee is whats blowing us up right now and we have a ranged CC, plus this adds a root component if even for a short time and forces them to use their breaker or let us get away.

You are right, it inst optimal, but it would be better than what we have now. IDK just a thought

Perhaps, but im trying to think of what could help us within 2 strict criteria:

#1 something that is within the framework of existing skills.

#2 something that would not affect PVE so it doesnt require a pre-nerf that people are screaming for.

Yes, Carbonize has limited range, but melee is whats blowing us up right now and we have a ranged CC, plus this adds a root component if even for a short time and forces them to use their breaker or let us get away.

You are right, it inst optimal, but it would be better than what we have now. IDK just a thought

Fair enough. I just feel like this is the type of buff that would leave us in a spot where we still need more defensives, but also make it so the claim that we shouldn't get defensive buffs because our offense is so good somewhat legitimate, even if only because our offense would be situationally too strong. The issue with CC based defense being unreliable with all the immunties flying around is also very real.

Fair enough. I just feel like this is the type of buff that would leave us in a spot where we still need more defensives, but also make it so the claim that we shouldn't get defensive buffs because our offense is so good somewhat legitimate, even if only because our offense would be situationally too strong. The issue with CC based defense being unreliable with all the immunties flying around is also very real.

Also true.. and i forgot to mention one added key criteria... something that doesnt make us the next OP FOTM.

I like the challenge, not sure what that says about me but there is a reason i dont go jump on my sin or others, i have one of every AC, i choose to play my Merc/Mando.

I hate the stun wars.. i really do, but short of making our shield a bubble, it seems to be the way they fix everything.

Guys we all know the need... what im trying to think about is what they can do with whats already in the game is all. The idea of some new skill is wonderful, but also time consuming to create... tweaks to whats already in the game are far more likely as has been shown.

Yes, i agree we need a strong effective DCD that makes them think about target swapping as others have, but im also thinking that isnt coming anytime soon. We have many skills/utiltiies already there that could be tweaked and make a big difference in lieu of that.

My idea here was simple, where does most of my trouble come from? Is it other ranges classes... no. not for me, if i expect others to learn to use line of sight i should know it too so i use that in those fights as much as possible. the problem is melee.. epsecially with all the gap closers, vanishes, invisibilities, immunties, and lolslash.

Seems clear the idea isnt liked, that fine... but think about what can be done with whta we have as the idea of a new skill seems... well, a pipedream.

Nope would end up being used offensively more than anything we need a forced target switch ability problem is an ability like that would be great in pve and were op in pve. Mostly because it would either give immunity or drop all threat to cause a forced switch.

Nope would end up being used offensively more than anything we need a forced target switch ability problem is an ability like that would be great in pve and were op in pve. Mostly because it would either give immunity or drop all threat to cause a forced switch.

We all know what we need, and you are right, but unless they are working on some new skill in that top secret lab, it isn't likely we are getting one anytime soon. Plus more bloat isnt much better then more stuns. It would seem the best short term answer lies in what is already there which i what i was looking at. If they actually have something coming they having told us that is better than of course i would prefer that.

One comment though, how would a melee range root be used offensively by a ranged class? Thats kinda why i picked that one. We dont want to be on that killzone so unless you plan to run up into the mess and fire that thing, which of course could be done under certain circumstances but not likely as a pure offensive maneuver.

idk as said, clearly the idea isnt popular.. thats fine.. on the next bad idea :)