Torque HM Fire changes causing problems

SGMRock

I didn't see this posted in the bugs anywhere. Can the devs please look into this issue. Its causing groups to get stuck on Torque that could clear it before on Hard Mode. Basically the new fire graphics do not show up everywhere people are getting damage from floor vents and drying even though there is no fire there. Or the Fire will come up for a couple seconds and disappear so a person will think they are moving into a safe spot but they will get killed by invisible fire.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=809207

Edited by SGMRock

The simple fix would have been to shorten the flames so they didn't go all the way to the ceiling and block your vision.

Causing the grates it spawns on to glow red while it is active would seriously help players know where the damage is coming from.

Also, for the love of god put a circular indicator for the boundaries of the fire, and make it glow. A LOT. And lengthen the VFX to accomodate for how long the damage is present.

Or y'know, make Tyrans fire.

Tyrans fire, ftw.

I understand with them wanting to make it so you can still see what you're doing when the fire pops up...except they went too far, and now you can almost never see the fire at all, and when you do, it's easy to mistake it for player fire effects from any number of skills.

In SM, this isn't too much of an issue, as the fire only goes after the tanks, and we can move the boss. In HM, this makes the fight almost impossible, as there is more fire, and a LOT more going on throughout the room during the fight. Invisible fire = wipe.

Tyrans fire or riot.

Yeah, the fire will not cast properly. The animation will happen for only half the time and go away... if you step there before 3-6 GCDs... you're dead. If a tank isn't paying attention, he's dead because there isn't enough of an animation to move.

2 times we had fire or raid.... AND THERE WAS NO ANIMATION!

You guys need to fix this, this is nearly unplayable.

Any update on this at all? Devs can you even acknowledge that you will look into the issue? I have sever operations groups in my guild stopping after they kill Bulo HM because of this bug and just working only on TOS HM content.

i luv dis nw fyr cuz i alwyz stund n da fyr n dai n mah raide leedr sez 2 me he sez "vlad u so dum y u so dum u step n a fyr agan u stoopd nawb" n b4 i wuz lyk "buttz vel iz nt a gewd plyr n cnt halps it if im bad lol"

buttz nao i cood stood n fyr n he cnt getz mad n stuf cuz it nt mah fawlt :)

Another patch today to address an issue with one of the new Ziost bosses but nothing on this fire issue. I have confirmed this happens in Story Mode as well its just less likely to kill people because the damage doesn't tick for the same amount as hard mode.

Devs are you even seeing this bug report???

It can't be terribly hard to revert the changes to the fire visual. Obviously it's not working correctly, revert back to the old fire and possibly remove the smoke and you're golden. At least we could see the old fire.

Can we buy an update on this bug please.

2 weeks, 3 patches, 0 action.

Do any of the patched bugs affect as many players as this 1 does?

I'd settle for even an acknowledgement that it's a thing. It wasn't in the patch notes when it changed, and to date, BioWare has not even typed a single word that acknowledges that the change happened, or if it was intentional or not.

During our experience with Torque HM the fire that came from the floor would appear for only 2 seconds and disappear, but people would still take damage from this. Though torque is still doable this makes the fight that much more difficult and a needless bug to say the least. Torque was good with the smoke effect.