Where did the 140 mods go?

Marooki

140 mods being the Makeb mods??

Have you checked the planet itself? Supplies area in fleet? Things have been moved around.

Granted you really don't need them. Go to Makeb & hit the GSI booster. You will get bolstered, just hit that every time you login to level on that planet. Once you hit 55 get the blue Rishi 178's I think they are. You'll be all set. :)

Have you checked the planet itself? Supplies area in fleet? Things have been moved around.

Granted you really don't need them. Go to Makeb & hit the GSI booster. You will get bolstered, just hit that every time you login to level on that planet. Once you hit 55 get the blue Rishi 178's I think they are. You'll be all set. :)

Yeah it cost me a fortune to remove all the 140 moddings that had only been there a day (ok, it was during double xp week). The vendors of 140 (lvl 50) and 172 (lvl 55) are actually next to each other, by the window of the last shop in fleet supply.

You can completely bypass 156 now (that you get on Oricon story-mode). Not to mention 162 or 180...

BTW, 178 is blue lvl 56 (purple being 186/192)

Edited by BenduKundalini

The vendor on fleet that used to have the level 50 140 mods was changed. Now it has level 53 148 blue mods instead. So you go from level 49 to 53 on the fleet vendors now.

I haven't checked to see whether there's still a level 50 vendor still on Makeb as yet.

EDIT: OK, the Makeb mods vendor is still present ON Makeb (Imperial side at least, on the gravity hook) however the 140 mods are still listed there at their original prices; 4 per mod/enh and 10 for armoring/barrels.

It appears only the fleet vendor was changed. Local vendors on planets may still be set at the old mod prices.

Edited by Taramayne

Heh...I just learned something new....that GSI monitor gives you a bolster?

What type of bolster?

Heh...I just learned something new....that GSI monitor gives you a bolster?

What type of bolster?

It bolsters your gear to the equivalent (I believe) of 156 rank level 55 gear or thereabouts.

It also gives you healing probes and greatly increased exploration exp.

Note: it only bolsters YOU, not your companions.

If you leave Makeb or log off, you need to re-apply the boost at the terminal.

Edited by Taramayne

It bolsters your gear to the equivalent (I believe) of 156 rank level 55 gear or thereabouts.

It also gives you healing probes and greatly increased exploration exp.

Learn something new every day....thanks for the heads up :)

The bolster is great, but that last bit needs emphasizing. If you enter a warzone or a flashpoint or your stronghold and return, the bolster is gone and you have to work your way back to add it again. Most taxi stations have them, so you don't have to go back to the orbital station or your faction's main staging area to re-add it, but if you're deep in some maps could take a while to go back and then return to where you were. So be careful about being in queues or popping to your stronghold if you're depending on the bolster.

The bolster is great, but that last bit needs emphasizing. If you enter a warzone or a flashpoint or your stronghold and return, the bolster is gone and you have to work your way back to add it again. Most taxi stations have them, so you don't have to go back to the orbital station or your faction's main staging area to re-add it, but if you're deep in some maps could take a while to go back and then return to where you were. So be careful about being in queues or popping to your stronghold if you're depending on the bolster.

Absolutely.

140 gone from fleet. Really? As of, with 3.2.? [dashes to check it out]

Worth noting that 148 ears and implants sell for next to nothing at the GTN. This is equippable at lvl 53.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Yeah it cost me a fortune to remove all the 140 moddings that had only been there a day (ok, it was during double xp week). The vendors of 140 (lvl 50) and 172 (lvl 55) are actually next to each other, by the window of the last shop in fleet supply.

You can completely bypass 156 now (that you get on Oricon story-mode). Not to mention 162 or 180...

BTW, 178 is blue lvl 56 (purple being 186/192)

Ahh okay yeah level 56, my bad. At level 56 I believe it is, you can actually wear the crafted purple 186's. If it's not 56 it's 58, but both are earlier than level 60, if you went the basic com route. (I think some like hilts are 56 others are 58. So depends on the item. Been quite a few weeks since I've had to gear a toon at that level though. lol) I'm not sure if you or someone you know can craft them for you, or it's cheap on the GTN on your server.

But I am confused, why did you remove the moddings?

Is there any point in building legacy grind suits anymore for given levels? With 12xp would you just use loot armor till cap? Also, would you get rid of, or still make the suits for when they turn off 12xp in the fall? Edited by Holocron

156 is level 53 purple, the stuff you get on Oricon.

162 is the first tier of level 55 gear.

Anything above level 45 blue on companion is good enough. No bolster needed for companion.

Ahh okay yeah level 56, my bad. At level 56 I believe it is, you can actually wear the crafted purple 186's. If it's not 56 it's 58, but both are earlier than level 60, if you went the basic com route. (I think some like hilts are 56 others are 58. So depends on the item. Been quite a few weeks since I've had to gear a toon at that level though. lol) I'm not sure if you or someone you know can craft them for you, or it's cheap on the GTN on your server.

But I am confused, why did you remove the moddings?

Yeah some purple 186 is level 56 and some is lvl 58, go figure.

Well my toon became 50 one night so I geared her in 140 and 24 hours later she was 55 already (Makeb, sweet Makeb exploration!) so I had to remove the 140 moddings to put in some 172.

I don't destroy moddings, I have a big alt family to feed!

And 140s cost like 9k apiece to remove. Should have gone into Makeb wearing lvl 40 greens... :eek:

Edited by BenduKundalini

No need to even go to any mod vendors after you hit 50, since they practically throw armor and mods at the player anymore. Giving out extra basic coms for the class missions is redundant in the new "stupid proof" era of SWTOR since no one plays the planets by storyline anymore.

The only thing to look at buying off GTN is Augments, possibly, since BW is pretty much handing the player everything else they need in armor, mods, and enhancements to complete the game and fall into 190's. Give them another patch or two and they'll probably have a jawa dancing around someplace passing augs out as well.

No need to even go to any mod vendors after you hit 50, since they practically throw armor and mods at the player anymore. Giving out extra basic coms for the class missions is redundant in the new "stupid proof" era of SWTOR since no one plays the planets by storyline anymore.

The only thing to look at buying off GTN is Augments, possibly, since BW is pretty much handing the player everything else they need in armor, mods, and enhancements to complete the game and fall into 190's. Give them another patch or two and they'll probably have a jawa dancing around someplace passing augs out as well.

Lol

True...

Plus, the godmode droid on Tython.

I mean REALLY... has anyone bothered to do Oricon BEFORE they went to Rishi since Forged Alliances came out? Honestly? Honestly?

No everyone is doing the same thing, run their story till the end of chapter 3, their 52-53, so they jump in a KDY or something, bing 54, then head into the forged alliances where the bot can kill everything 4 times over on the map and all you have to do is... well... you... a couple buttons here and there you know that the bot can't push... then off to Rishi where you get handed 168 and 178 gear like candy for pretty much anything you do.

Actually between bolstered KDY's from 15 to 54, Forged allainces part One and Two, seems like its possible to go from you starting planet, to your fleet, and then express bus yourself to Yaven in you starting gear.