New Torque Fire

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attempted to run this in 16 man last night, problem that everyone had was that even if you could see the initial fire it would disappear after a few seconds. Now for most animations and their corresponding effects, when the animation disappears the effect is also gone. Not so with these as the animation disappears after about three seconds but the effect lasts the full duration as previously.

So, now you are combining a very tiny room with 16 people in it as opposed to 8 and on top of the normal mechanics are asking everyone to keep track of new fire locations every 30 seconds even when the animation disappears. Why would this have been a good change? the least you could do was make the fire animation actually last the duration of the effect! Or do we now all have to have the most awesome of computers to actually see this?

Was finally able to see it today briefly for 1 second. The fire gave a cheesy fire look on square before disaapearing :confused:

All they had to do was get rid of the smoke and keep the fire but slightly lower the fires height.

Or do we now all have to have the most awesome of computers to actually see this?

I run the game on Ultra at 2560x1440 and no it still does it to me. You can see the fire fine when its there but then the phantom fire is what gets you. Also depending on where you are and the camera angle is harder to see. The other fire before would fill your screen up so hey guess what, move.

I notice I see it way better when I was on a Ranged DPS standing back and watching. When i am on my tank its harder to see it because of the close quarters and the camera angles the game does when you get close to walls and stuff.

Here's my theory for whatever it's worth. The animation for the fire is exactly the same (and lasts just as long) as bulo's barrel throw fire animation. Like. Literally the same. A weird ring of fire with a bit of fire in the middle.

Either they were hearing complaints about the amount of smoke and were like, "hey, we just used this other fire animation on the previous boss that you can see over, lets just reuse it.", or it's a bug.

The reason it disappears before the damage is done being dealt is because bulo's barrel throw fire only lasts a short while, because it deals instant damage. While Torque's fire damage time hasn't been touched.

In either case. Really sloppy unhelpful work.

Please, Fire comes up, heats up the floor grates, fire stops, floor grates are still hot. You step on them (even though there is no fire) you're still gonna get burned cause its still hot. Answer = stay away from hot things.

if anything this fight is super ultra realistic and provides supporting evidence as to why McDonald's needs to put "Caution: Hot" on their coffee cups.

Clearly Bioware dont give a **** about this, if they did they would actually fix it.

Having bugs like this go live is a joke.

New animation seems half arsed and when you get 2 or 3 near each other its hard to see where 1 stops and the other starts.

Myself and another were getting rubber banded in it whereas we had no trouble what so ever with the old animation.

We still killed it but its frustrating as hell as melee/tank atm.

Please use Tyran's fire next time.

^ this, quite a sensible suggestion and one bioware should look at doing.

Actually a response to acknowledge the bug and that its being fixed or looked at would be nice Bioware, the usual no communication routine is getting old for alot of people.

Clearly Bioware dont give a **** about the game*

I fixed it for you.

Actually a response to acknowledge the bug and that its being fixed or looked at would be nice Bioware, the usual no communication routine is getting old for alot of people.

Maybe its intended?!?!?! and its not a bug they just want to make fights harder to counteract the nerfs they made :rak_03:

Seriously doe; yeah its **** but honestly the amount of rage about it is hilarious. Like its a joke to manage, yes maybe I'm a douche (lets face it I am a douche) by saying this maybe I just have a low tolerance for stupid but its seriously not hard to adjust to the fire and the 'bugged' fire disappearing is not hard to remember where fire was.. As for rubber banding that's excepted when we play at 200+ ping :(

I fixed it for you.

lol thanks, sad thing is it does seem that way lately :mad:

Maybe its intended?!?!?! and its not a bug they just want to make fights harder to counteract the nerfs they made :rak_03:

just the usual fix it and break it that we have had for the past few years :rolleyes:

AAA quality control

Seriously doe; yeah its **** but honestly the amount of rage about it is hilarious. Like its a joke to manage, yes maybe I'm a douche (lets face it I am a douche) by saying this maybe I just have a low tolerance for stupid but its seriously not hard to adjust to the fire and the 'bugged' fire disappearing is not hard to remember where fire was.. As for rubber banding that's excepted when we play at 200+ ping :(

yah, my first time seeing the borked fire last night, wasnt too hard to adjust to, just a pain in the arse.

sad thing is i never got rubber banded with the old animation :(

spose im just raging cause these sort of bugs are staying on live far too long ;)

Edited by eatmydeece

Please, Fire comes up, heats up the floor grates, fire stops, floor grates are still hot. You step on them (even though there is no fire) you're still gonna get burned cause its still hot. Answer = stay away from hot things.

if anything this fight is super ultra realistic and provides supporting evidence as to why McDonald's needs to put "Caution: Hot" on their coffee cups.

By your logic if the floor vents were still hot shouldn't they be red or orange from the heat after the fire is gone?

By your logic if the floor vents were still hot shouldn't they be red or orange from the heat after the fire is gone?

And where does the fire come from and why doesn't it hurt the Wookie. Realism is lacking :p

Edited by FerkWork