Outfit Designer and Rare Armors

Maraxuss

So...since armor doesn't bind or equip with the outfit designer does that mean that the prices of all the rare armor in the game just went Fubar, both world drop like supreme inquisitor or hydra as well as cartel market armors, because if they don't bind people can just use it for cosmetic purposes then just relist it on the gtn for the next person to do the same thing. Rare armor wont be so rare any more and the market is going to fall out of it. Am I seeing this correctly or am I missing something?

It binds, unless they didn't fix the cartel bug that made it not bind during the timer countdown. But Devs posted on the PTS thread about it that it was going to be fixed by release so that everything would bind once you put it in a slot.

Thanks for your responses. I guess I was reading to much into the patch notes.

•New Feature: Outfit Designer! You can access this new feature by opening your Character Sheet from the Menu bar of the “C” key by default. All players start with the first tab unlocked. You can assign the appearance of an item to a particular slot by dragging the item from your Inventory and dropping it into the appropriate slot. This does not consume or otherwise “equip” the item – it can be used for multiple appearance tabs.

my thinking was if it doesn't equip, it doesn't bind...can you please explain exactly how it works, my game is still patching.

It makes the items bound, what it means by it doesn't consume or equip them is that they can be left in your inventory or bank slots (haven't confirmed bank slots myself, but I assume that works otherwise this wouldn't work well). So you shouldn't have to carry the bound gear around with you, but it still becomes bound. Also if you sell or destroy it you should lose access to that item as well.

Thanks for your responses. I guess I was reading to much into the patch notes.

•New Feature: Outfit Designer! You can access this new feature by opening your Character Sheet from the Menu bar of the “C” key by default. All players start with the first tab unlocked. You can assign the appearance of an item to a particular slot by dragging the item from your Inventory and dropping it into the appropriate slot. This does not consume or otherwise “equip” the item – it can be used for multiple appearance tabs.

my thinking was if it doesn't equip, it doesn't bind...can you please explain exactly how it works, my game is still patching.

There are Tabs that have gear slots on them, you place the items in the gear slots, then there is a button you have to click to buy that setup, at that point any gear that isn't bound already, will become bound. But that gear is not stored in the slots, the system just takes a snapshot of the gear, so you can re-use it on other tabs, and even vendor it once you are done if you feel confident you won't ever use it again.

Edited by MaximusRex

and even vendor it once you are done if you feel confident you won't ever use it again.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. That's kind of a nice feature. This means I won't have to keep CC armor in my bank, just delete it and respawn copies from collections if I ever need it again.

So...since armor doesn't bind or equip with the outfit designer does that mean that the prices of all the rare armor in the game just went Fubar, both world drop like supreme inquisitor or hydra as well as cartel market armors, because if they don't bind people can just use it for cosmetic purposes then just relist it on the gtn for the next person to do the same thing. Rare armor wont be so rare any more and the market is going to fall out of it. Am I seeing this correctly or am I missing something?

Sounds to me rather as if you weren't interested in the outfit designer at all - only in making money from rare armor.

Are you one of those who destroyed the slot machine ?