DoTs affect cap of objective?

PeterZeani

Ok, maybe it's a noob question, and feel free to make fun of me for it just as long as you answer.

If i am a virulence snipe (or any other DoT class), and i DoT someone and then sit back (or stunned, or dead etc..), will the damage over time stop him from capping an objective?

The dots themselves won't but ticks of Weakening Blast triggered by your dots will interrupt caps, so you can stop one target from capping for 10 seconds (at least the operative version does, I assume the same goes for sniper). Afaik the old damage proc relics also interrupt caps and can be triggered by dots, though that would require you to use an outdated relic so I wouldn't really advice it even if you have access to an old pvp version of it. Edited by diadox

No, direct damage is necessary to stop objective caps. DoTs only keep you out of stealth (assuming you don't have stealth purge).

The old Dread Guard damage proc relics still stop caps, and those relics can proc off dots. I would know because all my 50+ midbies have them.

You sick, sick man.

To be fair I used them because they are BiS in modbies not because of the cap stopping. I'm just one of the OCD min/maxers.

Although I did troll the crap out of an operative that tried to ninja cap the pylon that my Anni Marauder was guarding. That guy was so confused.