Healing reduced by 30% in pvp. WHY!?

Aurinax

That's what I would say fair... So that means if you put 2 DPS on 1 healer ... He's going down...

= Balanced to me...

Except it is not true.

Happened today: level 26 marauder and level 30-something juggernaut gank a sage. She goes down to like 1/4 of her HP, force pushes us away, ccs the juggy, puts up a bubble, heal heal heal lol lol lol force runs away.

Edited by Vetril

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except it is not true.

Happened today: level 26 marauder and level 30-something juggernaut gank a sage. She goes down to like 1/4 of her HP, force pushes us away, ccs the juggy, puts up a bubble, heal heal heal lol lol lol force runs away.

Thats more of a L2P issue for the 2 dps.

Because if player survive with 20% hp he still survives ? You don't need to negate 100% dmg ... you need to negate enough to make a difference. Healers who can heal for more than dps can dps have no place in fun PvP.

And I am not saying healers in TOR can't heal for more than 1 dps. All the whining right now comes from leveling brackets. I have seen cases where enemy healer was the one reason we lost warzones.

there would be absolutly no point to playing a healer in pvp if he couldnt outheal a single dps attacker period... problem is, as it is atm, thats is close to being the case...

a single dps will comptletly lock out a healer from doing anything but heal, including moving exept for the inq/sage case, if he wants to outheal its dps, and even so, its only a matter of time, and only if the dps doesnt use his CC.

I can only heal other if Im not CC'ed or attacked myself, and even so to be more than 2 on my healing target, the target must be a decent equiped tank.

just because YOU dont think its fun, doesnt mean theres no place for them.

because having played healers for over 7-8 years of MMO gaming experience, ToR pvp healing is by far the least fun experience I ever had, to the point where I dont want to heal anymore and do better specing dps, and healing ocasionally when CC are in or we outnumber our attackers to keep someone alive.

simple logic simple math, if a healer cant outheal a single dps, then there is no reason at all to not play a tank/dps or pure dps at all... numbers vs numbers... its that simple.

and while I do come from a "leveling bracket" I have yet to see a 50 healer without the exact same problems as I have at 40.

to say the least... it takes at least 4-6 casts to heal up 1/4 to full hp... during that time no interrupts or CC was used? they didnt break CC? they didnt catch up after getting knockback? they didnt put slow/healing debuff up?

sounds BS to me... or the attackers pushed their charge button and then went afk.

Edited by Ganan

Yes and no. If taking down a healer takes 2 coordinated dps, then it becomes a lot like the BH who defended his damage in warzones by saying "You can do the same, just get a pockethealer" when he did the damage without one.

Trauma is there to prevent healers from being overly powerful. They could just nerf all healing by 30% but that means it affects PvE healing where they have obviously deemed healing balanced. A healer should make someone live longer, not forever.

That's pretty much it. The trauma debuff is used to offset PvP and PvE group balance involving healers against on the PvE balance numbers numbers. We could also just change the numbers (health, damage) in the rest of the game to achieve the same effect, but that'd be much less efficient.

Fine, remove the 30% but in exchange I want my interrupt on a 6 second CD and I want your entire healing school plus your CC locked out during the interrupt not just one spell.

I guess the endless amounts of knockback stuns, incapacitates, interrupts etc arnt enough for you?

let me guess you play a marauder? just because you dont have much CC doesnt mean all classes lack CC m8, and if you DO play marauder, you get healing debuff instead so ye...

Healers heal too much at high level. If you don't like that answer, too damn bad.

do they?

how so? what changes at lvl 50?

if this is indeed true, then I will be very relieved, yet so far, I see nothing that supports that.

Edited by Ganan

If they removed the 30% debuff they would have to nerf healing by 30% and inturn nerf PvE mob damage.

It's far easier to reduce healing in PvP to avoid inbalance, healing is a support role you need to support your team and have your team support you to be successful.

This is not The-Game-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named where healers were demi-gods in small-scale PvP. This is healing, balanced.

If they removed the 30% debuff they would have to nerf healing by 30% and inturn nerf PvE mob damage.

what? no... what you said makes absolutly no sense...

you can simply reduce it by 15% or even not reduce it at all, I am not a number crunsher, I dont know what would be apropriate reduction, but I DO know, the current healing magnitude in pvp is simply underwhelming.

I guess the endless amounts of knockback stuns, incapacitates, interrupts etc arnt enough for you?

let me guess you play a marauder? just because you dont have much CC doesnt mean all classes lack CC m8, and if you DO play marauder, you get healing debuff instead so ye...

I tend to be in the camp that says that its been a week since the official release, most people are still not max level and those of us who are are not fully geared up so it is a bit early to tell how the whole thing will balance out.

As it stands I've seen healers do very well, I do agree the UI is bad but it sucks for all of us and we all wish that Bioware wouldn't have outsourced the UI to DE's kids as a school project. Oh and I'm also on the side that says that 90% of the knockbacks/pulls could probably be remove and the game would be more fun.

And no, I don't play a marauder.

Edited by Scelerant

I tend to be in the camp that says that its been a week since the official release, most people are still not max level and those of us who are are not fully geared up so it is a bit early to tell how the whole thing will balance out.

As it stands I've seen healers do very well, I do agree the UI is bad but it sucks for all of us and we all wish that Bioware wouldn't have outsourced the UI to DE's kids as a school project.

And no, I don't play a marauder.

if something changes somehow at 50... thats great news for me!

in the 40's healing magnitude it still is a BIG issue at least, so the people saying "its low lvl issue" is simply not true.

even if at 50 something happens, the only things I can think of being expertise and tech/force power oriented gear, it still leaves a pretty big part of the game completly healing unworthy.

if you dont play marauder/sentinel I dont see how you have problems interrupting heals tbh... I still dont know all classed well but I am pretty positive that all of them apart from those, have pretty solid interrupts and CC.

bottomline is a healer must be able to keep a friendly up against 2 attackers at least, not counting the tactical aspect ofc, sheer numbers, cuz he needs to be able to fullfill his role for his slot, aswell as makeup for the loss of dps/mitigation for him not being dps/tank.

and he should at least be able to, or have the chance to keep himself up against at least 1 attacker.

Edited by Ganan

It most certainly is not fine... the only way i should be able to be killed by ANY amount of dps as a healer is if I get interrupted. If they don't interrupt me they should be punished by not being able to kill me ever. Even if it's the entire opposing team.

This isn't WoW. If you hadn't already realized, the Interrupts in this game only prevent THAT ability from being used. There's no school lockouts.

Urgh, this whole post is just ridiculous.

Edited by Zingas

bottomline is a healer must be able to keep a friendly up against 2 attackers at least, not counting the tactical aspect ofc, sheer numbers, cuz he needs to be able to fullfill his role for his slot, aswell as makeup for the loss of dps/mitigation for him not being dps/tank.

and he should at least be able to, or have the chance to keep himself up against at least 1 attacker.

No, if you can do this and your friendly isn't a tank that is unbalanced and exactly what pissed on the poor abused carcass of WoW PvP. If you can keep a friendly up against 2 attackers, you can keep yourself up against one with ease, and if that's the case and the definition of balance hasn't changed, then healing and dps are not equal and by the definition of the word "balanced" not balanced.

if something changes somehow at 50... thats great news for me!

in the 40's healing magnitude it still is a BIG issue at least, so the people saying "its low lvl issue" is simply not true.

even if at 50 something happens, the only things I can think of being expertise and tech/force power oriented gear, it still leaves a pretty big part of the game completly healing unworthy.

if you dont play marauder/sentinel I dont see how you have problems interrupting heals tbh... I still dont know all classed well but I am pretty positive that all of them apart from those, have pretty solid interrupts and CC.

Expertise is going to be a massive part of PvP, anything pre-50 means nothing as far as balance. No one should ever be suggesting nerfs or changes if they haven't played at 50.

Also I'd like to know why BW didn't itemize lower level pvp gear with expertise. Why is it only a level 50 stat? Silly.

And you are just plain wrong about being able to keep someone up against two attackers. There are MANY reasons that is ridiculous in swtor.

CC is not as widespread or easy to get off as in WoW, Most CCs have long cast times, require stealth and no combat. The only difference here is a few instant stuns and knockbacks. Again, not nearly as bad as WoW.

Interrupts are not the be all and end all for a healer. In WoW, if you got interrupted by a mage or lock, or even a melee when being zerged, it could easily mean your death. In SWTOR, Interrupts only prevent one spell. You can go straight to your next spell.

Even based on what i've seen pre-50, this game seems very balanced. Tanks have a role in PvP, Healers are not too overpowered or underpowered(they win Warzones), and DPS doesn't seem to be too high at all. Except maybe a few burst classes, but I'm going to wait until 50 before I comment on that. Even as an assassin I've taken a very long time to kill certain heavy armor classes, especially tank specced.

Edited by Zingas

Expertise is going to be a massive part of PvP, anything pre-50 means nothing as far as balance. No one should ever be suggesting nerfs or changes if they haven't played at 50.

I hope that is the case, I really do, and I also hope they itemize expertise for low lvls aswell then... because if people are only ment to pvp at lvl 50... then dont allow warzones pre-50...

No, if you can do this and your friendly isn't a tank that is unbalanced and exactly what pissed on the poor abused carcass of WoW PvP. If you can keep a friendly up against 2 attackers, you can keep yourself up against one with ease, and if that's the case and the definition of balance hasn't changed, then healing and dps are not equal and by the definition of the word "balanced" not balanced.

this has nothing to do with WoW... and there is nothing imbalanced for a healer to keep a ally up when its getting attacked by 2 oponents if hes not being hit/CC'ed AT ALL, its the bare minimal a healer should be able to pull off to warrant his spot in a OP, for reasons explained in the previous post.

in a 2v2 scenario for exemple, if one of them is a healer, then he HAS to merrit his spot and his specialization by being able to support his ally against the other team of 2 oponents period, if not, its always better to be a tank/dps instead.

Edited by Ganan

this has nothing to do with WoW... and there is nothing imbalanced for a healer to keep a ally up when its getting attacked by 2 oponents if hes not being hit/CC'ed AT ALL, its the bare minimal a healer should be able to pull off to warrant his spot in a OP, for reasons explained in the previous post.

in a 2v2 scenario for exemple, if one of them is a healer, then he HAS to merrit his spot and his specialization by being able to support his ally against the other team of 2 oponents period, if not, its always better to be a tank/dps instead.

Umm not really. There's a danger here when escalating healing. Healers are not better than DPS. This game doesn't have small scale arenas like WoW and thus doesn't need to be balanced around that. You balance around Warzones, if a healer is standing in the back being protected by tanks and dps with CC and interrupts(on a competent team), then he can very well do this and more. I've seen it happen.

A friend and I played WoW in which one of us was always a healer, and one of us was always a stealth dps. The two of us could win an entire bg with cc, and massive heals. All day long. It was cake. We came here, and after a few matches we raged a little. Then we realized how much fun it actually was to LEARN TO PLAY OUR *********** CLASSES for once. I absolutely love the way our heal/dps team works now. It's still just as viable as it ever was with us, we're just having a lot more fun learning to work it out.