Merc Teleport... LoL

Icykill_

Guys you do realize this is the same guy that admits he plays at 200ms of latency from Australia right?

I play with 100-200ms every day playing from east coast US to ToFN and the "lag" isn't that bad, also I play warzones with 8fps most of the time, so I think I can speak pretty well to what having ****** lag and fps is like and I've never had this

How can someone play like that?! I get frustrated enough to stop queuing when mine goes above 90.

Some of us like to cut our knee caps out with spoons as we play as well

And to icy, no video proof, I thought you always recorded your matches

I've tried all of those suggestions in the past using third party ping services and also vpn... It make zero difference and in some cases increases ping... These services are all based in the US so only affects hops once they get to the U.S.

The thing you need to understand is that the submarine cable from Australia to the U.S. only has a theoretical speed of 162-165ms... We cannot get anything faster than this... It takes 5 hops to get to the cable... All of these are 17ms because I have a fibre connection on the Australian NBN network... Then there are 2 hops, Australian side of cable to US side... Ping currently jumps to 178ms which lands in LA... Then 3 hops to San Jose... Then 1 hop to the Bio login server and lastly 1 hop onto the actual game server... In total 12 hops... Most of the ping speed increase is obviously from pacific cable... But also at the gateway router in LA... This one quite often has packet loss and can spike 250ms ping... The San Jose jumps are usually good and only have packet loss passed on from the LA router.. Then there is the Bio servers which often have their own packet loss and ping issues... 75% of my ping spikes happen at the LA router and 25% are Bioware

So you can see it is impossible for me to get better speeds when the pacific gateway router speed is 175ms (the only option) and if it has issues and then if Bioware's has it's own network issues... I can spike to 350ms plus

Trust me when I say I have investigated every avenue to give me a better connection speed

When we had our APAC servers the ping was 17ms... We only needed our servers merged into a superserver to make them viable... But Bio's accounts in their wisdom :mad: decided they could save money if they merged us to the U.S... I don't know how many people stopped playing... But 200 from my guild alone stopped... And I know lots of others did too... I can only assume that they ended up losing money instead of making more... Sorry for the rant... It is still a sore point and honestly if this wasn't a Star Wars game I would have left too

I play with 100-200ms every day playing from east coast US to ToFN and the "lag" isn't that bad, also I play warzones with 8fps most of the time, so I think I can speak pretty well to what having ****** lag and fps is like and I've never had this

Some of us like to cut our knee caps out with spoons as we play as well

And to icy, no video proof, I thought you always recorded your matches

I've started to record some since I added crossfire to my setup, mainly so I can analyse game play and tactics, but also to see if something weird that happened was just lag or an ability... I don't stream or post on YouTube... But this was totally random and it wasn't on... But as you know I can't link them here anyway because bio ban the poster and not the person who did the wrong thing... At best, I could hope for a warning and the thread deleted for linking it... At worst I could have my account banned... Sorry, but I'm not willing to take that chance

We all know that teleporting is possible the same as the speed hack... They are the only 2 that even the cheat deniers have admitted happen, if very rarely...

Have experimented with those, found WTFast to be the best, ping on west coast used to be 250, now it's 170-180 ish on average, with the occasional spikes

But yeah, Aussie internet absolutely blows, and these sort of programs are the best latency fix available to us

WTFast was the only one that helped when Bio stuffed up the routing after a patch last year blocking Australian IPs... I tried the others and WTFast was definitely the best

Luckily it only took them a month to fix :rolleyes:

Damn... I didn't even know ping like that was considered terrible. I usually play warzones with a ping of 200-400, and it's ok for the most part since I've gotten used to it. Anything higher than that and I start to notice heavy delays on my GCDs.

Now I feel like I'd be so much better if I used one of these services. :p