The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How do I level as a plasmatech

Patience is rewarded, if you give up after a day you won't get results.

Anyway...

The best way to level as plasmatech is the same as every other spec. Spam AoEs until you start getting important procs. Only with plasmatech, the important proc makes your AoEs stronger, so its just even more AoE spamming.

Once you hit level 57, thats when the rotation starts to actually form. Until then though, its just AoE into AoE into more AoE. If you do have to do a fight against a single target, just prioritize your biggest hits over your smaller ones until it dies (e.g. Shockstrike > Incendiary Round > Flame Burst > Flamethrower without stacks > Hammer Shots and so on)

Patience is rewarded, if you give up after a day you won't get results.

Anyway...

The best way to level as plasmatech is the same as every other spec. Spam AoEs until you start getting important procs. Only with plasmatech, the important proc makes your AoEs stronger, so its just even more AoE spamming.

Once you hit level 57, thats when the rotation starts to actually form. Until then though, its just AoE into AoE into more AoE. If you do have to do a fight against a single target, just prioritize your biggest hits over your smaller ones until it dies (e.g. Shockstrike > Incendiary Round > Flame Burst > Flamethrower without stacks > Hammer Shots and so on)

Thanks man I love how plasmatech makes me feel like a pyromaniac but it seems weak

It's a super fun spec to play. It's just a little underpowered compared with other specs at the moment. That's no reason not to play it if you're having fun!

I agree with you on that for the most part and honestly I usually even play the underpowered spec but it seems like leveling is harder while playing it... Like a real struggle