Datacrons need an overhaul.

Beakertanks

Two things.

First. Pre 2.0 you could get a total of 40 of each datacron stat. Now you can get a total of 50. This does not relate to the difference in gear from pre 2.0 to now. Essentially if you had all of the datacrons pre 2.0 it was the equivalent of having another piece of gear. Now they are not even worth one mod. The datacron stat bonuses need to be doubled to a total of 100 for each stat. I recommend simply doubling the value of existing datacrons. As there are codex entries for each one this should be mildly straightforward.

Second. The matrix shard relic was a useful thing once upon a time. Now there is no purpose whatsoever to getting the shards. I recommend a new 186 level relic that uses 4 instead of 3 matrix shards. This would require a change to the Matrrix Cube assembly room, but that should be fairly simple.

Thanks for reading my post.

I think you have a Very good point. why spend hours getting a datacron that wont really help you in game. It was really nice back when you got the edge not by buying gear but also being able to sit down and grind out these datacrons. The matrix cube was the coolest thing and it was hard to get i agree it needs to be used again. but why go 186. I vote it comes back with more hidden shards maybe from boss drops and its 198, just a thought

First.

Current Datacrons are good where they are in terms of their stats. You're supposed to get them as you level so the stats mean something. If you're going back to get them once you're maxed they don't mean as much. If you notice the Datacrons on starter worlds are only +2, then they go to +3, then finally +4 along with the few +10s. This is how they should be cuz they keep pace with your level.

Future Datacrons, though, should be +20s, +25s, and so on, but the idea is to get the current ones as you level cuz that's when you really need them.

Second.

Matrix shards definitely need some love. What kind of love, I don't know, but perhaps a unique colour crystal or perhaps a new gear slot to put them in so we don't have to remove a relic but have the slot accept ONLY Matrix Relics and nothing else.

I remember back in the 1.X cycle, many hardmode+ teams required their members to get all of the datacrons relevant to their class (so, mainstat and endurance).

During the 2.X cycle, they weren't necessary anymore, but still worth it to get, and encouraged by most teams.

Now they're just there for the codex entries, it seems. I've got them all on my main for both pub and imp, but other than that, I don't bother.

Edited by Andrellma

I remember back in the 1.X cycle, many hardmode+ teams required their members to get all of the datacrons relevant to their class (so, mainstat and endurance).

During the 2.X cycle, they weren't necessary anymore, but still worth it to get, and encouraged by most teams.

Now they're just there for the codex entries, it seems. I've got them all on my main for both pub and imp, but other than that, I don't bother.

What would be nice is a legacy perk at say legacy 50 (or even 60, raise the cap) that allowed you to share all datacrons that are unlocked on any character legacy wide

Make it a perk you have to pay for so people who don't want it wouldnt auto-get it

Those of us who already have all the datacrons would never have to bother doing it again, and for new players the boost may not be amazing, but knowing that they only have to get them once, ever, would still make them interesting

First.

Current Datacrons are good where they are in terms of their stats. You're supposed to get them as you level so the stats mean something. If you're going back to get them once you're maxed they don't mean as much. If you notice the Datacrons on starter worlds are only +2, then they go to +3, then finally +4 along with the few +10s. This is how they should be cuz they keep pace with your level.

Future Datacrons, though, should be +20s, +25s, and so on, but the idea is to get the current ones as you level cuz that's when you really need them.

Second.

Matrix shards definitely need some love. What kind of love, I don't know, but perhaps a unique colour crystal or perhaps a new gear slot to put them in so we don't have to remove a relic but have the slot accept ONLY Matrix Relics and nothing else.

This ^ Actually we could kill 2 birds with one stone. New matrix shard recipes (possibly with a few more shards in future updates) and a (new) dedicated matrix cube gear slot. This way when you've collected all the datacrons and are like "man this is barely worth a mod piece" boom you got a gear slot to fill that IS a gear slot.

Doubt its going to happen so just going to say that these things need to happen

- Keep MOST holocron stats as is BUT possibly change some of the existing ones to be 1 or 2 points higher but only on certain higher end planets.

- Future holocrons need to be higher in stat OR more numerous. (i.e maybe 2 holocrons of the same stat per planet so 8 / 10 holocrons per planet. boo presence, booo!)

My suggestion would be that they leave most things as they currently are, but make the matrix cube apply the bonus even while not equipped, that way main stat and edurance get a boost and also one gets a secondray stat too, and BioWare doesn't have to rework everything.