SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Kanan and AT-AT walker thing is an easy explanation, he is trained and Luke is not. Even Ezra is stronger than early ep 5 Luke.

And that's a good point about the age thing, I have no idea how old Del Toro is but that does make it a bit of a problem, since Ezra will be in his 50s

Del Toro is 40 something I mean... it MIGHT work but...

Get ready.

"Our long awaited meeting has come at last."

I really hope Vader doesn't get into some awkward conversation of him justifying his actions or something. I never really liked Ahsoka to begin with so if Vsder just flat outs murder her I'd be quite happy with that result.

so on another note, looks like lightsabers can oiffically be set to a training mode

In... EU... it was stated directly that sabers cannot be set in training mode. :confused:

I think in NJO series.

Edited by unibim

I really hope Vader doesn't get into some awkward conversation of him justifying his actions or something. I never really liked Ahsoka to begin with so if Vsder just flat outs murder her I'd be quite happy with that result.

Meh I'm of the opinion they won't kill her, she's too big a fan favorite for a lot of fans.

Meh I'm of the opinion they won't kill her, she's too big a fan favorite for a lot of fans.

Nobody will die in first 3 or 4 seasons. It took 6 seasons to kill one named clone and 3 episodes of establishing why he died in TCW.

I'm not sure about this, they've been hinting at it for close to a year now.

I suspect they'll make a suitably heroic death, which should keep the fan rage to a minimum. Whether it is in Twilight of the Apprentice or in a later season, that remains to be seen (though I honestly think it will be in TotA)

Again, since I'm a little early, putting in spoliers, read at own risk

This one was another filler, but much more interesting than the last one, with more significant implications.

Zeb is afraid of spiders (creepy crawlies anyway)

Ezra is now a match for Kanan as a duelist.

Ezra's admission that he never really understood the Force, followed by ominous music at the very end is, well, ominous.

Kind of a touching moment between Kanan and Hera towards end, wonder if a bit of a romance will start between them.

Ezra can't connect to some creatures. At least, not the freaky spider things.

And nice job Ezra and Kanan, almost throwing Sabine off a cliff... maybe Sabine will get the jetpack she mentions.

Overall good episode.

Edited by MadDutchman

Those spider things were OP lol. I get withstanding blaster fire, cause creatures in SW have armor that can withstand such things. But withstanding laser cannon fire from a freighter and having strong enough webbing to hold it down? Jeez.

Not as bad as the energy spiders from Kessel

Those spider things were OP lol. I get withstanding blaster fire, cause creatures in SW have armor that can withstand such things. But withstanding laser cannon fire from a freighter and having strong enough webbing to hold it down? Jeez.

I agree. The webbing holding the ship down and withstanding the ships blasters was a tad ridiculous.

I still enjoyed the episode and I did love the spiders.

Edited by CaulderBenson

It was an interesting episode, the lightsabers have a training mode I guess which makes sense.

I'm not sure I understood the ending though, what was with the dark side music and the creatures? Is it because Ezra is shifting towards the dark side that he can no longer make a peaceful connection with the environment? Ahsoka and perhaps Kanan seem to know something that they never revealed in the episode.

However Ezra made a connection through the Dark side with that beast at the old clone base last season.

I still say Ahsoka won't die, Ezra almost turns to the darkside but something happens last minute. Maul dies though.

I'm 50/50 on Ahsoka dying. She should die for the story (and I love Ahsoka), but she's Dave Filoni's pet.

After the scene of Ezra and Zeb in this episode, I'm almost thinking Ezra leaves Kanan and goes off with Maul for a bit of Season 3.

I don't see them bringing Maul back just to kill him in one episode. That would be a waste.

We'll see in a week though.

Next week though we got a 1 hour episode! Woo!

I still say Ahsoka won't die, Ezra almost turns to the darkside but something happens last minute. Maul dies though.

I think Maul lives and Ahsoka dies. Maul has some greater part to play and Yoda sees it. Also Maul is not really the apparentice at all in this scenario unless Sidious himself shows up.

Okay new theory though what if "Twilight of the Apprentice " means that Ezra is no longer Kanans apparentice and perhaps turns to Maul as his new master.

It was an interesting episode, the lightsabers have a training mode I guess which makes sense.

I'm not sure I understood the ending though, what was with the dark side music and the creatures? Is it because Ezra is shifting towards the dark side that he can no longer make a peaceful connection with the environment? Ahsoka and perhaps Kanan seem to know something that they never revealed in the episode.

However Ezra made a connection through the Dark side with that beast at the old clone base last season.

That's possible.

Or it could just be the "it's time to go hunting Vader and Inquisitors"

I think they webbed the landing gear down, I'd say it could be possible. But resisting the guns doesn't make sense

I'm not sure I understood the ending though, what was with the dark side music and the creatures? Is it because Ezra is shifting towards the dark side that he can no longer make a peaceful connection with the environment?

Rebels Recon said it's because not all creatures can be controlled and manipulated with the Force. The spiders are bizarre and naturally aggressive, hence Ezra can't manipulate them with the force.

Similar to how certain species are immune to mind manipulation - hutts and toydarians.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Rebels Recon said it's because not all creatures can be controlled and manipulated with the Force. The spiders are bizarre and naturally aggressive, hence Ezra can't manipulate them with the force.

Similar to how certain species are immune to mind manipulation - hutts and toydarians.

The creatures from last season where also naturally aggressive where they not? It appeared they where..

The creatures from last season where also naturally aggressive where they not? It appeared they where..

I think it is just one factor that makes it harder.

Those bugs were likely part of a hive mind of some kind, which probably would make any kind of force control harder.

What if Maul and Ezra join up for a portion of season 3 and Ezra is like "Hey, I know a contact that can help us"... Ends up brining Maul to meet Hondo. Talk about awkward after season 5 of TCW.

That would be an interesting reunion.

I'm skeptical though that Ezra will stick around with Maul for long though. Kids TV show and all.

If time is spent it'll probably be largely off screen via time skip or something.

I suspect there might be a bit of a time skip between season 2 and 3.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.