SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

Since the most recent episode hasn't officially aired yet, including in spoiler tags, view at own risk

This was another filler episode, plain and simple. Obviously Chopper centric, with the usual mix of humour and exasperation one can feel for chopper.

And it looks like we now have a cantankerous opposite of C-3PO for a cantankerous opposite of R2

All in all though, kinda meh, especially considering it just feels like it is getting in the way of continuing with the good stuff.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the most recent episode hasn't officially aired yet, including in spoiler tags, view at own risk

This was another filler episode, plain and simple. Obviously Chopper centric, with the usual mix of humour and exasperation one can feel for chopper.

And it looks like we now have a cantankerous opposite of C-3PO for a cantankerous opposite of R2

All in all though, kinda meh, especially considering it just feels like it is getting in the way of continuing with the good stuff.

Yeah it was kind of bad and I find Chopper to be one of the worst characters in Star Wars...

I think the next 3 episodes will be good though, especially the finale. Honestly the best part of this episode was probably the very end and the looks Kanan, Ezra and Zeb gave the two droids, they where just like "oh great, another one".

I liked this episode much more than I expected. Maybe it was just out of the desire to see something, but I felt that this filler brought more to the table than the past few. The new Imperial protocol droid is fairly interesting: as a new character, I'm quite fond of the idea of the first "Imperial defector." It opens up new possibilities, providing a now logic-heavy character in a series that's been plagued by risks. Perhaps, now, the Rebels will have a sophisticated mind on Imperial tactic. Rex is undeniably a cooler source of similar information, but I have a feeling that his mechanical brother veteran will play off him well.

I also felt Chopper was a little more serious this episode... if such a thing exists for the droid. There was a definite handful of comic relief present, but otherwise, Chopper seemed genuinely helpful and intelligent. This is a huge step up from his past antics of yelling low-tone gibberish and waving his metal hands.

And as a side note: I hope the story writers aren't forgetting that the Rebels now have an Imperial prisoner. The captain of the ship Chopper stole was never killed, and we can infer he is now in Rebel custody.

All in all: 3.5 / 5 stars. Good for a filler, but still just a filler.

Here's a side question.

Saw that Benicio Del Toro is being cast for a bad guy in Ep 8 of the movies. One the plausible fan ideas, is that Del Toro is being cast to play an adult Ezra. Think Ezra might just be the one who starts the Knights of Ren?

Still think Chopper is better than BB8. And seeing the Ugnaught merchant was actually a big deal to me since this shows Rebels actually pays close attention the Star Wars universe just as much as our game does instead of Force Awakens which just seemed to throw random gnarly aliens out with no idea of what species they are and what have you.

Here's a side question.

Saw that Benicio Del Toro is being cast for a bad guy in Ep 8 of the movies. One the plausible fan ideas, is that Del Toro is being cast to play an adult Ezra. Think Ezra might just be the one who starts the Knights of Ren?

I got two main issues with that theory.

The first is that this is a kids TV show, turning Ezra dark and keeping them there doesn't really seem like Disney's style.

The second is quite simply they'd need to do some serious retcon gymnastics for that to make sense, considering how powerful Ezra is now, he'd be WAY more powerful than Kylo Ren, whom we know to be the Master of the Knights of Ren. Not impossible of course, but I'm thinking unlikely.

Also, I don't think the writers of the movies actually pay that much attention to Rebels. I think Rebels is drawing from the new movies, rather than the other way around.

The first is that this is a kids TV show, turning Ezra dark and keeping them there doesn't really seem like Disney's style.

The second is quite simply they'd need to do some serious retcon gymnastics for that to make sense, considering how powerful Ezra is now, he'd be WAY more powerful than Kylo Ren, whom we know to be the Master of the Knights of Ren. Not impossible of course, but I'm thinking unlikely.

Also, I don't think the writers of the movies actually pay that much attention to Rebels. I think Rebels is drawing from the new movies, rather than the other way around.

Well Kylo might be first knight among the order, he is not fully trained so he may not be the head. Plus if you saw season 3 trailer, does make you wonder.

Well Kylo might be first knight among the order, he is not fully trained so he may not be the head. Plus if you saw season 3 trailer, does make you wonder.

I was under the impression the season 3 trailer wasn't out yet? or are you referring to the old mid season 2 trailer?

It felt like only half-filler to me. I mean they are supposed to "find Malachor". Chopper found a navigator.

See the link ?

Seems in the continuity enough to not call it a (total) filler in my opinion.

Edited by Altheran

It felt like only half-filler to me. I mean they are supposed to "find Malachor". Chopper found a navigator.

See the link ?

Seems in the continuity enough to not call it a (total) filler in my opinion.

Ya, the finding of a base location was the only real "non-filler" part, which took up all of 30 seconds or so?

Not that it was a "bad" episode, as more of a poorly placed episode. Honestly, if they had swapped Shroud of Darkness and this one, it would have worked better, as right now it just feels like a speed bump, a hitch on the way to the climax.

I'm not sure I'd take Ezria as more powerful then Kylo Ren. the power of the force users in general in the animated shows has always been a little more... exaggerated vs the movies (consider Kanan cutting as walker's leg in half, if a lightsaber could do that why would Luke have bothered with doing what he did in Empire?)

that said, I've got a third and better issue with that. Del Toro's proably too young to be Ezra.

unknowingly or not we've got an age for Ezra, he's, quite literally, the exact same age as Luke and Leia, give or take a day. but Del Toro's a good 15 years younger,

I'm not sure I'd take Ezria as more powerful then Kylo Ren. the power of the force users in general in the animated shows has always been a little more... exaggerated vs the movies (consider Kanan cutting as walker's leg in half, if a lightsaber could do that why would Luke have bothered with doing what he did in Empire?)

that said, I've got a third and better issue with that. Del Toro's proably too young to be Ezra.

unknowingly or not we've got an age for Ezra, he's, quite literally, the exact same age as Luke and Leia, give or take a day. but Del Toro's a good 15 years younger,

Well, the Kanan and AT-AT walker thing is an easy explanation, he is trained and Luke is not. Even Ezra is stronger than early ep 5 Luke.

And that's a good point about the age thing, I have no idea how old Del Toro is but that does make it a bit of a problem, since Ezra will be in his 50s

Finally got the time to watch the latest episode, unquestionable a so called filler, but and there's a big BUT, I found it rather interesting actually. First the obvious, the Laurel and Hardy routine, well what can I say, the OTs nailed it with C3PO and R2, those moment was quite enjoyable. The role given to R2 in the PTs I would call early Chopperesc.

So it was a episode in "Chopper Cam", yeah I watch those!!, but as I said not a bad one, The new droid looked very much like one of those we see in E4 on the Jawa sandcrawler, the one with the insectoid head that looks out when 3PO shout out to R2 as he,3PO, surprisingly spots R2 there.

Now to the interesting part, there's a mole inside the Rebel fleet!! The Empire had set a trap(Yep - It's a Trap) at the new location for the Rebel base, which only, I think, would be possible if there's a Empire inside man on or around the Rebel fleet!!

Another thing, what we see, as Hera says, is the entire Rebel fleet, compare that with the fleet we see in ESB and RotJ, there's alot to be told here, as been pointed out earlier where's General Dodonna and many others?!

And also "Kitzu"(or something like that) the female A-wing pilot, a new character presented . . .

As for Ezra being the founder of the Knight of Ren, an interesting thought, but what would happen if Vader/Anakin manages to TURN Ahsoka to the Darkside!!????? In any case Rebels seem to be the place where we get some kind of explanation on the Crossguard Lightsaber!!

Is it time yet, to let the Good Stuff roll . . . ?

Edited by t-darko

And also "Kitzu"(or something like that) the female A-wing pilot, a new character presented

Ketsu/Ketzu/Kitsu (whatever) wasn't an A-Wing pilot. She was a pirate that Sabine knew well (possibly a Mandalorian as well but probably not as they'd have made a point of referencing that by now), before joining with Hera & Co. She had appeared in an earlier episode of this season, before the mid-season break.

She was the one in the "non-Rebel" starship (her own ship) helping defend their fleet when the heroes returned with the fuel for the carrier.

Ketsu/Ketzu/Kitsu (whatever) wasn't an A-Wing pilot. She was a pirate that Sabine knew well (possibly a Mandalorian as well but probably not as they'd have made a point of referencing that by now), before joining with Hera & Co. She had appeared in an earlier episode of this season, before the mid-season break.

She was the one in the "non-Rebel" starship (her own ship) helping defend their fleet when the heroes returned with the fuel for the carrier.

I *********** hate that....she's part of the Black Sun, botched her assignment with them and then went off to join the Rebels because one can leave a huge crime syndicate like the Black Sun and not have any consequences. Thanks Dave...:rolleyes:

If this was Legends Black Sun, she would have long since died due to her failure on her assignment much more trying to leave the Black Sun.

So right you are, wonder why I didn't come to that conclusion while watching?!

Is the Black Sun still allied with the Empire in the new canon??

Just had an idea but I think Ketsu actually sold the Rebels out on that first base location, not sure how the Empire would have known to send a large fleet to an isolated planet otherwise.

Is the Black Sun still allied with the Empire in the new canon??

Just had an idea but I think Ketsu actually sold the Rebels out on that first base location, not sure how the Empire would have known to send a large fleet to an isolated planet otherwise.

Eh I wouldn't say aligned, but appears to have some relationship with the Empire.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.