New TFA teaser out. Can we have some cool SWTOR announcement, please?

Alec_Fortescue

EXACTLY. Plus...it's not like normal swords have never had crossguard hilts. Maybe once it's seeen in use it will make more sense for the haters. Then again, some people will never be satisfied with them because they like to nitpick. But hey, far be it from me to argue over how SPACE WIZARDS make use of their LASER SWORDS. Wouldn't want to have anything less than realistic in the movies now would we? lol

take Star Wars, remove the aliens, tech and we get:

A young farmer is faced with the task of liberating a princess when he buys a couple of slaves with an important message, he finds the person who it was destined to; and old wizard who mentors him and tell him his father was a famous knight.

On his journey he meets a rogue and his enforcer, rescues the princess and learns his father was the black knight all along.

He wins many battles and eventually is faced with the evil king himself who rules through dark sorcery, with the help of his father he redeems his family name and become a true knight and destroys the kings castle and bring peace to the kingdom.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I mean it doesn't reveal anything good or bad about the film, its just a slightly glorified teaser.

Because nothing of it feels like Star Wars to me, especially the designs and aesthetics. It feels more like a glorified fanfilm trailer than an actual Star Wars movie. This is something trying to be Star Wars.

But you got something.

In true "money grab" EA form. A new "flourish" mount that cost 1800cc (about 17 dollars) up on the Cartel Market now.

What better way to "celebrate" something than to rip consumers off? :rolleyes:

Imagine a Bioware/EA birthday party "celebration" for you. But the kick is, you pay for everything. This is why I am sick of modern gaming and don't buy games anymore. Everything is a new excuse to try and get money out of people, because buying the product already just wasn't enough. It freakin' DISGUSTS me. Bioware get's my 15 bucks a month sub, and that is ALL. Ever. I also refuse to buy Season Passes and Map Pack DLC crap. I wait for the game to go Ultimate/GOTY edition, then buy it all for cheap.

Because a cross-guard saber is somehow bad? NEWS FLASH!! It's in the movie, meaning now Canon. Deal with it.

That also isn't Revan, but obviously someone influenced by Revan and Vader. His name is Kylo Ren.

Not everyone is broke and not everyone wears tinfoil hats.

I'm still unimpressed and underwhelmed.

Oh look, TIE Lines. Thanks to that de-canonisation throwing all the good TIE designs out the window. Awesome.

Oh look, the Falcon is chased into narrow space by a TIE, that's both new and exciting, we've NEVER seen that before! I wonder how it ends!

Oh look, it's Darth Revan with another over choreographed, over exaggerated, terrible lightsaber fight, just like in the prequels where the lightsaber fights were just laughably stupid and cooked up by people who should not be trusted with a real sword.

Oh look, it's Luke, Han and Chewie. So the movie will continue the boring drama of the Solo-Skywalker mafia that has plagued the EU (where it existed for the sole purpose of drama) for literally decades. Great.

take Star Wars, remove the aliens, tech and we get:

A young farmer is faced with the task of liberating a princess when he buys a couple of slaves with an important message, he finds the person who it was destined to; and old wizard who mentors him and tell him his father was a famous knight.

On his journey he meets a rogue and his enforcer, rescues the princess and learns his father was the black knight all along.

He wins many battles and eventually is faced with the evil king himself who rules through dark sorcery, with the help of his father he redeems his family name and become a true knight and destroys the kings castle and bring peace to the kingdom.

I am sorry but that was a great post. I have nothing to add except that I enjoyed reading it.