Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Derzelaz

I really was hoping it is Revan but that is wishful thinking. I mean the fact that he lived that long to potentially start a new empire just after a rebellion would be an awesome concept.

Anyways! I really lovd the trailer and all doubt about Abrams is out the window now. Excited for this Christmas.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts and such:

-Anakin will appear as a force ghost, and Vader might appear in a flashback. The Anakin idea is because Luke refers to Anakin in a present tense

-Kylo Ren in a sith from the SWTOR era who eventually is imprisoned in carbonite/rakata mind trap/something, and is released in the new movie.

-The female main character is going to be a Skywalker, and force sensitive (Maybe in that one part its Leia handing her Anakin's saber?)

-If the force is Awakening, maybe that's going to cause force ghosts to appear, and maybe we'll see Revan? :p

If I understand what an associate told me who is doing IT for a certain company on a certain project.... and please note he can be screwing with me...

The female is an equivalent of Jaina (Han and Leia's kid. Kylo... Ren is not frozen in carbonite but is of the Skywalker blood gone sideways (hello Jacen/Caedus). The light saber is the one Luke lost when he got his hand chopped off in Cloud City http://www.light-sabers.net/images/luke_prop_saber01.jpg vs

compare btw. Now technically that was Anakin's light saber but it took a LONG journey to get there lol

Edited by Ghisallo

There is actually a debate going on right now on whether it could actually be Revan.

Pure fanboi wishful thinking....

a spy with a LONG telephoto lense actually took photos of the person noted as playing Ren also dressed as a Alliance Star Fighter pilot during filming. He is a contemporary character who goes sideways.

http://www.technologytell.com/entertainment/files/2014/12/adam__span.jpg

Edited by Ghisallo

If he looks like Revan, then he must be Revan.

I have an inside source confirming it's indeed Revan.

Gotta love the trolls even in the face of actual photos of the person playing the character as an X-wing pilot. ;)

The ONLY reason I don't think my army buddy is completely pulling my leg (he did pull my leg 60% of the time on an earlier film) is because of the

light saber. He told me about that connection months ago and the first thing I did when the video hit YouTube was hit pause and then pull up that photo of Luke's original light saber. Either the ex-grunt is more devious than I thought or that is Luke's original light saber per the story. By devious I mean my buddy saying "hey that the old prop...Ghisallo is a lore freak. When he sees it is a trailer he will buy this..." and he would have had to come up with that in January..

Edited by Ghisallo

Gotta love the trolls even in the face of actual photos of the person playing the character as an X-wing pilot. ;)

The ONLY reason I don't think my army buddy is completely pulling my leg (he did pull my leg 60% of the time on an earlier film) is because of the

light saber. He told me about that connection months ago and the first thing I did when the video hit YouTube was hit pause and then pull up that photo of Luke's original light saber. Either the ex-grunt is more devious than I thought or that is Luke's original light saber per the story. By devious I mean my buddy saying "hey that the old prop...Ghisallo is a lore freak. When he sees it is a trailer he will buy this..." and he would have had to come up with that in January..

Waiting on you to post the alleged photo......what you mean you lost it? :D

Waiting on you to post the alleged photo......what you mean you lost it? :D

I did in the previous spoiler... Since anyone can google it I suppose it is not technically a spoiler but still...

Here's a profile of Adam Driver to compare the features too...

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-EL521_driver_G_20140909110648.jpg

And you are missing the issue I noted about the saber BTW.

How did I know to post the video and the picture of the old one for comparison if I wasn't prompted by a friend who previously told me it was the saber Ben gave Luke?

Edited by Ghisallo

I did in the previous spoiler... Since anyone can google it I suppose it is not technically a spoiler but still...

Here's a profile of Adam Driver to compare the features too...

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-EL521_driver_G_20140909110648.jpg

And you are missing the issue I noted about the saber BTW.

How did I know to post the video and the picture of the old one for comparison if I wasn't prompted by a friend who previously told me it was the saber Ben gave Luke?

LOL! At that distance it could be anyone since the photo is taken from like the Middle East.

Everyone's got " a friend" or " a source" .... :rolleyes:

I got that and my buddy has fffed with me before... So unlike other people making predictions I admit he may have ffed with me lol...Army buddies do that. That is why I was quiet until this teaser.

he told me that the discovery of the saber given to Luke by Obi-Wan was part of the new movie. The new teaser shows that very same light saber

how do I explain that? Tell me please because I am now actually beginning to believe what I thought was BS. If that was correct how do I dismiss the rest?

BTW unlike other people.claiming to have sources if what I posted is wrong I will say "yep my buddy suckered me" and when I take my next trip to the left coast I will make him buy the drinks for my wife and I instead of the other way around lol.

Edited by Ghisallo

so before this thread derails . . . The hand handing over the lightsaber in the teaser; it got a light brown yellowish tone, it looks very familiar, could it be . . .

Ahsoka who have found her old masters(and Lukes, given in E4, lost in E5 together with his hand) Lightsaber, handing it over to Leia ?. . . Just speculation oc, but hey, what a mind blower!!!

so before this thread derails . . . The hand handing over the lightsaber in the teaser; it got a light brown yellowish tone, it looks very familiar, could it be . . .

Ahsoka who have found her old masters(and Lukes, given in E4, lost in E5 together with his hand) Lightsaber, handing it over to Leia ?. . . Just speculation oc, but hey, what a mind blower!!!

That's my thing it is so obviously the same saber that Luke was given by Obi Wan but I don't see a non-human skin tone there.

That's my thing it is so obviously the same saber that Luke was given by Obi Wan but I don't see a non-human skin tone there.

That's the nature of speculations, the conclusion of different opinions, and by the way the bracket isn't the speculation merely a clarification, hence the bracket, that part, that about the Lightsaber, is fairly established by now, wouldn't you say?

Do a frame by frame on that part of the teaser, where the pinkish 'human hand receives the Light saber from the brownish yellow 'non-human'? hand.

Could it be Ahsoka?

Edited by t-darko

One would assume that, but then ". . . and you got that power too", so partly voice over from EP VI? No, I'd go for new recording, sorry, and plot.

And I would guess the female hero is a Solo, not a Skywalker . . .

Thing is it sounds like the young Skywalker speaking, not Mark Hamill as he is now. So its likely just an edit of the old recording, and considering it copies the words line for line, is unlikely to appear in the movie.

:eek:

Ahsoka confirmed.

Seriously though I don't think so, the main reason being that Ahsoka would be in her late 60s, that woman looked very young. Given the skin tone and the brief glimpse of her face I'm guessing whoever it is she's played by Lupita.

Definitely a non-human however, my guess is a Twi'lek based on the skin tone and if you look closely you can catch what appears to be a traditional Twi'lek headdress. Female Twi'leks have also traditionally been played by Africans.

Ahsoka confirmed.

Seriously though I don't think so, the main reason being that Ahsoka would be in her late 60s, that woman looked very young. Given the skin tone and the brief glimpse of her face I'm guessing whoever it is she's played by Lupita.

Definitely a non-human however, my guess is a Twi'lek based on the skin tone and if you look closely you can catch what appears to be a traditional Twi'lek headdress. Female Twi'leks have also traditionally been played by Africans.

Im here with Beni on this one, she is much younger, it is alien, but when I first saw it, it looked like the hand of a child to me....

Ahsoka confirmed.

Im here with Beni on this one, she is much younger, it is alien, but when I first saw it, it looked like the hand of a child to me....

I hear you, both, but humor me here a sec.

We have been discussing the main antagonist back and forth here, but, how about protagonists? If now Luke has set himself in exile and not yet being the wise Obi-wan/Yoda character we hoped for, then there has to be some other Lightside Force serving protagonist in there somewhere. Someone once exiled not bound to the old ways of the Jedi, someone to guide the surviving Skywalkers(Solos), their offsprings in their work to rebuild the Jedi order?

Is it that protagonist we see handing over the Lightsaber? A hand of a young child? Wookies age over several hundred years, who knows how a 60 year old or so Togruta would look like? And I think the figure is kneeling by the way, which in itself would make sense!?

And to top that the next playable races we're going to get in-game is Togruta, coincident?!

as I said, humor me here, is it far fetched? Not even likely? I don't know, but beside the crossguard saber, the revanish sith villain and the chrome stormtrooper, that hand is the really only new thing presented in the teaser, well not true, but at the moment I don't mean the new Imperial emblem or the Emperor like figure standing below it !

Edited by t-darko

Something else I thought about, I would NOT want to have Anakin's Lightsaber, that thing is CURSED. First Anakin loses nearly all his limbs while wielding it, then it Passes to Luke, who loses his hand while Wielding it... what next.

That thing is like the One Ring, from Lord of the Rings, just keeps passing itself from one master to the next. (Also of course in Legends, for a short time Luuke wielded it, Murdered, and I am pretty sure it was offered to Mara Jade.... who was murdered)

Anyone hoping Kylo Ren's lightsaber becomes available to us at some point. Because I would totally love that for my Sith Juggernaut.

I don't have any doubt that they won't add in the new crossguard saber. Just because its in the new movies doesn't mean it can't have existed in the past (and who knows, it might be discovered by him as an ancient sith artifact)

Why are all you guys assuming that Luke has gone into exile. There was that one 4chan post, and that was it. I do have the real answer, but I can't say right now. Also, the mask has nothing to do with Revan, but it was inspired by the gear in SWTOR.

I hear you, both, but humor me here a sec.

We have been discussing the main antagonist back and forth here, but, how about protagonists? If now Luke has set himself in exile and not yet being the wise Obi-wan/Yoda character we hoped for, then there has to be some other Lightside Force serving protagonist in there somewhere. Someone once exiled not bound to the old ways of the Jedi, someone to guide the surviving Skywalkers(Solos), their offsprings in their work to rebuild the Jedi order?

Is it that protagonist we see handing over the Lightsaber? A hand of a young child? Wookies age over several hundred years, who knows how a 60 year old or so Togruta would look like? And I think the figure is kneeling by the way, which in itself would make sense!?

And to top that the next playable races we're going to get in-game is Togruta, coincident?!

as I said, humor me here, is it far fetched? Not even likely? I don't know, but beside the crossguard saber, the revanish sith villain and the chrome stormtrooper, that hand is the really only new thing presented in the teaser, well not true, but at the moment I don't mean the new Imperial emblem or the Emperor like figure standing below it !

The concept character art for John Boyega shows him with a light saber attached to his belt. So he is going to be a student. There is indeed an Obi-Wan like figure. Hint...literature is full of heroes who haunted by what they did or can do go into exile only to return with great reluctance when the need for them is just too great. Is that a bit of a cliche? Yeah but I think people may be over thinking things a bit in the hopes that characters they like will make an appearance.

They said at Celebration that Rebels was easier for the Story Group to start working with than Clone Wars so I would be surprised, pleasantly mind you, if they brought TCW characters into the movie.

Edited by Ghisallo

I'll betcha the actors wearing those costumes are saying "thank god!!!! We can see out of the helmets." When you watch the Storm Troopers trying to run when they board Leia's ship in Episode IV you see a few scenes where they almost trip and fall flat on their face. They look like the Keystone Cops chasing someone lol.