Arsenal never overheating but commando gunnery out of ammo.

Vethrin

I passed all my mercenary's legacy armor over to my commando to parse my dps. I found that my merc never even got 25% heat no mater how fast I clicked my abilities but my commando runs out of ammo constantly. Gunnery and arsenal are exactly the same rotation. The only difference is the icons for the abilities. Has anyone other then me noticed this?? Im using 4 piece set bonus 192/198 gear.

Odd? technically there should be zero difference in heat level/energy cells?

I know from first hand experience that it is virtually impossible for an Arsenal merc to overheat once they get BB (pre-57 you can overheat while using UL in the rotation).

no mater how fast I clicked my abilities

whoa kay, stop right there

I main Gunnery and I'm a KEYBINDER and I've been able to manage my ammo just fine in a variety of bossfight situations. To the best of my knowledge there aren't any current mirroring issues involving ammo/heat

The guy that said their is no problem with commandos ammo since all you have to do is manage it is wrong. The merc arsenal never has to manage and never over heats but the commando is forced to do some vary skilled management with ammo. That is clear to me that one of them is not balanced. Try parsing your commando in sustained dps on a dumy where you don't have to move and you will see the commando runs out fast and arsenal never comes close to over heating.

I must apologize for wasting everyone time. I forgot to switch my cell over to the new one from gunnery that recharges ammo. I had it right for my mercenary arsenal. After testing my damage again on a dumy I found both arsenal and gunnery ammo/heat work the same.

Your playing it wrong if you aren't pushing ANY spec of Merc/Mando to high heat, Your APM should be in the 35 - 40 Range, and your heat should be high at the 2 - 3 minute part of your spec, and you Vent Heat/Recharge Cells with the boost to heat vented and 10% Alacrity for a slight boost to DPS and Venting.

Your playing it wrong if you aren't pushing ANY spec of Merc/Mando to high heat, Your APM should be in the 35 - 40 Range, and your heat should be high at the 2 - 3 minute part of your spec, and you Vent Heat/Recharge Cells with the boost to heat vented and 10% Alacrity for a slight boost to DPS and Venting.

Arsenal/gunnery is MORE heat efficient when played as aggressively as possible (i.e. using EVERY BB proc on the first available GCD), they literally cannot overheat unless you have something in the rotation that doesn't belong there, or are in the wrong cylinder/cell. It may be possible that our OP mando is not using Boltstorm on every proc like they are supposed to. Blazing Bolts/Boltstorm procs are the reason why Arsenal/Gunnery is supposed to have zero heat/energy issues.