Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Turning Macrobinocular and Seeker droid missions to SoloMode

bluemustache

so last night i sent a in-game ticket to CS

"i know that you guys have a lot to work on right now, but maybe after the release of 3.2, can you good fellows make the heroics of macrobinoculars/seeker droid soloable.. cause it is veeeery hard to find players for it. its not about gear, its about mechanics. everyone knows its intended, but there isnt enough peeps for it.

those quests are very questy and congrats for making something very very cool, but the struggle is real :>"

and i quickly got a responde from team!!

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. I have responded to your query in-game and, for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment. Please note – at times, cases and responses from Customer Support may appear blank in the in-game help portal. If you have accessed your case and are unable to see a response from us, please respond to this mail and myself or a colleague will respond as soon as possible.

I have received your ideas regarding to Heroic missions for the Seeker Droid and Macrobinoculars. Personally, I really like your idea (I haven't done these myself yet) but sadly this is not something that we are able to implement at a CSR level. My best recommendation in cases such as this would be to make your ideas visible to the guys that can implement such ideas by posting in the Suggestion Box area of the forum. I can't guarantee you'll get a response bu if you don't try, you don't get, right?

(Jason is the name of the cool CS guy that replied.)

with some (a lot) time wasted, you can find a group to finish those missions

it's been two years since they added those missions, i think its time to move on

they already added solo mode options even for the new SoR flashpoints, why not work on that too??

and they are even going to change the Czerka weekly, so i guess there is hope!!

Yes, please! I was unpleasantly surprised to find heroics at the end of an engaging and otherwise solo quest chain. I never did them. First, because finding a group seemed like an insurmountable task (on rare occasion, I see some poor person posting "LFG or LF3M" for ages before giving up). And second, because I am terrible at jumping. Mind you, I am a persistent and patient person and I could probably manage. But making a group deal with me? Heck no! :p

Needless to say, I'd love to see solo modes added so I could actually finish them. I'd probably pick up the quest chain on some of my other characters, too.

Edited by Gwena

Problem with these missions is that you need to do the whole quest to do it. So everyone has to be at the exact stage of the quest. Unfortunate as I really liked the missions (Raid on the Arcanium, Shroud's Last Stand, Alchemy of Evil).

Would be cool to make the heroics into FP you can queue for regardless of quest line progress but its probable impossible.

Edited by FerkWork

Wouldn't say no, but probably never going to happen.

Then it is a shame, because it becomes largely abandoned content.

They can say it is there all they like, I see posts in general chat looking for groups for this, but I haven't actually seen anyone do it in awhile.

My guild did a run a few months ago for some new players, so that got 3 people done who were new to the game, but that is likely to be rare.

Problem with these missions is that you need to do the whole quest to do it. So everyone has to be at the exact stage of the quest. Unfortunate as I really liked the missions (Raid on the Arcanium, Shroud's Last Stand, Alchemy of Evil).

Would be cool to make the heroics into FP you can queue for regardless of quest line progress but its probable impossible.

Yeah, it seems like I rarely see anyone calling out for any of them to begin with... and when I do see someone asking for a group I'm always busy with something else on a character that's nowhere near the same step themselves anyway (because I haven't actually pushed more than one character to that point yet) or I'm on the one character that actually has already done it (got into a group to finish the Shroud fight many months after the first group fell apart because it got buggy and wouldn't let one person click the terminal so we couldn't lower his shield to attack him (and even that attempt was probably a month or two after the content became available)). I have yet to see an opportunity come up to try the seeker droid heroic.

Of course, to be fair, I picked up the quest lines on a number of other characters for access to GSI dailies and seeker droid dig sites but most of them have not advanced the quest lines much further than completing the very first set of objectives. Really, only that one character has run them up to the end of the soloable content. I know I need to work on that so I can be available for those heroics on more characters.

personally i disagree, because already are 2manned

and as the game armor rating goes up very fast soon will be solo.

On the other hand heroic on Section X need to be soloed since the only need that has so far is the achievement.

rep points can do with out it, just the cap will come slower, also the weekly rewards are 100 % useless in lvl 60 ( 1 FPHM50 per DAY gives same basics)

Edited by Kissakias

Then it is a shame, because it becomes largely abandoned content.

Exactly. I have removed the idea that I will ever finish these quest series. That's just the way it is. In any event, after doing the Nar Shaddaa "frogger" quest once, I would never do it again even if they did make a solo version.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.