Bioware told sorc class to bend over and take it

hoaxburn

And btw you are right about the high dps numbers of the other merc aoe's.

I do not want that mercs get nerfed now much too, but it is not fair that the aoe of the sorcerer is now nerfed soo much.

But chain lightning can be activated a lot too and with a lot of dps, still it does not match up in combination of FS with the 3 merc AOE's.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah we did a lot of damage before the patch but that's what our class was good for plus we were glass cannons... Easy to kill... Now we are just easy to kill... Ridiculous and I for one will be cancelling my subscription based on these changes...

100% Agree and support. :mad:

I'm guessing the problems only show up at level 60, & even then probably only in ranked warzones & HM OPs.

Because, at level 37, I'm perfectly capable of having fun in unranked warzones, flashpoints, & anything else I do.

FWIW: level 37 Corruption Sorceror

Edited by Aumvaar

sorcerer is probably the most overpowered pvp class now. Why the tears?

Who cares about pvp? It's terrible in this game, as it is in most mmo's. The nerf wasn't needed for pve and it made me shelf my seer. I just don't see the point of playing it if I can't enjoy the pve aspect. Oh, and compare it with the gunslinger aoe. It's a pure dps class sure, but their aoe is just as spammable as fq/fl was and theirs still do nice damage, enough to just spam it in instances if you're lazy, which I am most of the time :cool:

Edited by Trollhammer

http://parsely.io/parser/view/29779

Mostly unoptimized 190s, 178 Power augments. Also my rotation is... lol.

Who cares about pvp? It's terrible in this game, as it is in most mmo's. The nerf wasn't needed for pve and it made me shelf my seer. I just don't see the point of playing it if I can't enjoy the pve aspect. Oh, and compare it with the gunslinger aoe. It's a pure dps class sure, but their aoe is just as spammable as fq/fl was and theirs still do nice damage, enough to just spam it in instances if you're lazy, which I am most of the time :cool:

You start to hit resource problems after third while Lightning/TK can continue spamming FS/FQ without dropping below 80%.

Edited by Halinalle

Again, I'm betting that all these problems only show at level 60 in HM OPs or FPs, or in ranked Warzones. Claiming that these problems make a sub-60 Sorceror "worthless" is like claiming that the sky is falling. In particular, if you're below 50 & having problems, that's a L2P issue.

I won't be surprised, however, if ugly pops up big-time at level 60. Historically, every MMO I've ever seen has had significant issues balancing its game at the level cap. It's like they get to their level cap & entirely forget how their scaling previously worked.

Update 3.21 and Madness/Balance still lowest parsing spec in the game TERRIBLE ! FIX IT !

what do you base yourself on for that assertion? the dummies or ops boss fights where ppl have to move, get downtime, etc.?

Update 3.21 and Madness/Balance still lowest parsing spec in the game TERRIBLE ! FIX IT !

Maybe on ops dummy. In real ops boss fight Madness/Balance has higher uptime.

TK/Lightning on the other hand... Don't get me wrong it's fine we do get a lot more downtime in movement heavy fight.

Edited by Halinalle

Yes there are 6 other classes that can and will slaughter any Sage/Sorcerer they come across. Ever since they started this game they've been the whipping child of all of the other classes. It's the main reason I created other characters so that I wouldn't be frustrated when I went to play PVP. The idea is to complement one another but in PVP it's always on your own no matter how much EA wants you to group up with others it doesn't happen.

I've played other MMOs and been an active member in guilds which in other MMOs there was a great group of people across all age ranges that got together and did operations and PVP arena games, using the class system the way its supposed to be used. The downside to guilds is the DRAMA that comes with some players who don't have enough in their regular lives (not really) but want to bring that into game play as well. I guess art imitates life in that respect. Just an example of why I avoid guilds now.

All I've seen here are guilds spring up, recruit players then are dead in 3 or 4 months because the serious gamers aren't going to stay with a game that changes the stats so that any classes outweighs the other to an extreme.

Like the other poster says there are other classes that take time to level to a viable fun level, often repeating missions over and over again to have EA nerf that characters abilities to such an extent that you have to start all over again. I've been playing this game since day one. My play days for this one are coming to an end soon.

I disagree.

Sage healers are probably the best for PVP right now. The best healing comp for PVE content currently is either double commando or commando sage....

As for sage dps, the sage Dps on my prog team often times beats out everyone else. All of them are very good Dps too. Our sage pulled a 4.7 on Torque the other night in balance the so called "broken" spec...

PVP wise...sage DPS is OP if you ask me. I took on 3 guys at once in balance and came out on alive. Sage is way harder to be good at the say VG or Juggs but it's doable and any good sage would easily wreck any other class. If you know how to use your heals...between force mend, med pac, a hot a bubble a knock back stun that also heals, and a screw you bubble that makes you invincible...a good sage can probably 2v1 any match up, dot them up and just force barrier :p

Sorc DPS is pretty good PvE wise and is only meh when you compare it to IO. Madness does have some energy issues in long fights that require tight Single target DPS. Lightening is fine as burst spec. Although a spam able auto attack would be nice lol for mobility but that would be OP. Sorc/Merc heals is the best combo so far.

PVP wise Madness is beast in ranked if you play your cards right. Double Sniper comps it maybe weak. Sage heal is great PVP followed by the Op due to better DCDs than Merc heals.

Edited by FerkWork

I disagree.

As for sage dps, the sage Dps on my prog team often times beats out everyone else. All of them are very good Dps too. Our sage pulled a 4.7 on Torque the other night in balance the so called "broken" spec...

It's not a secret that sages have good aoe, even Balance. It's no wonder they perform well on Underlurker, Sparky and Torque. They'll also do good dps on some other bosses because of the rotational aoe, but the aoe on those is a complete waste and it will only pad their dps. Malaphar has adds that are killed by red circle, Sword Squadron has an add under Unit 1 who's only there for a mechanic and Bulo has Loadlifters, Mining Carts and those adds you kite through the circle.

I wanted to point that out, because dps on those bosses skews the perception of class's capabilities and devs' metrics as well, I suspect.

It's not unusual that the inherent weaknesses of a class become more apparent at the most difficult encounters Coratanni is unfriendly because of the type of damage and ability to cope with it - all dots are aoe damage for some reason and sages are one of the few classes who can't spec into aoe damage reduction. Even Force Barrier lives up to its common critisism as it becomes a true self-stun if you use it in a blue circle (the only place where you would use it). The dots are not purgeable. Also the lack of good defensive cooldowns makes successive mouse droids a real pain to deal with. In TK the ability pushback in first area is really noticeable as well.

On Revan dps used to be the problem, but since the nerfs it's adequate.

Edited by ceazare