Bioware told sorc class to bend over and take it

hoaxburn

Wrong. This is not just what happens. I've been around a long time, and this is by quite a margin the biggest and most unjustified nerf in the entire history of MMORPGs. We went from medium-high power (who could murder anyone dumb enough to stand in Force Storm/Forcequake) to the bottom class. We have the lowest single target damage and the lowest AoE damage in the game now.

Nothing was broken before. Heck, getting rid of the snare alone would have solved and and all problems. Dropping the damage per tick by 50%. It's ridiculous. It's unnecessary. And yes, we will complain and gripe until it changes. And no, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Moar tears please :D

You sir/madam are clueless.

TK/Lightning was overperforming in all fights besides machine core phase and that's due to mechanics.

It was a ranged burst dps that could consistently pull over 5K which made them the best ranged burst DPS class and the 2nd best parsing ranged discipline you could play behind IO.

Right now it is right in line with other ranged burst classes.

Instead of complaining about TK/Lightning why don't you ask for madness to be buffed.

At least that makes sense.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TK/Lightning was overperforming in all fights besides machine core phase and that's due to mechanics.

It was a ranged burst dps that could consistently pull over 5K which made them the best ranged burst DPS class and the 2nd best parsing ranged discipline you could play behind IO.

Instead of complaining about TK/Lightning why don't you ask for madness to be buffed.

Lemme ask you something. Where exactly is burst an advantage in current tier? "Burst" phases last 30 seconds or more, or they're aoe in nature. Compared to gunnery and SS, TK has longer setup time, worse target switching, wider gap between lowest and highest dps (so highest parses skew the perceived average more) and is the most susceptible to pushback (which is downright painful in p1 coratanni and i assume core burn on revan).

I think categorizing a spec as burst and balancing it accordingly without taking into account other factors is just as bad as saying "Forcequake was fine, bads should just stand in it less".

oh yeah.. that's nice. yeah. ultimate gear uh huh. just one problem we pvp'ers cant use ultimate gear in pvp, in warzones when I use a force storms I don't know if I want to cry, by how fast its end, I just click and force storm is over? im like what the? or cry on how much wack dps it does? bioware you completely killed off the lightning/telekinesis spec. I was force to go to madness. I wonder how long it will be till you complete mest that one up too because if you do I tell you this don't expect anymore of my money. don't pay to get nerf you know. A-holes....

Because Lightning was all about Storm :rolleyes: You may want to learn to use your single target rotation now.

Wrong. This is not just what happens. I've been around a long time, and this is by quite a margin the biggest and most unjustified nerf in the entire history of MMORPGs. We went from medium-high power (who could murder anyone dumb enough to stand in Force Storm/Forcequake) to the bottom class. We have the lowest single target damage and the lowest AoE damage in the game now.

Nothing was broken before. Heck, getting rid of the snare alone would have solved and and all problems. Dropping the damage per tick by 50%. It's ridiculous. It's unnecessary. And yes, we will complain and gripe until it changes. And no, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Funny how often I see "the biggest nerf in MMO history line." A highly doubt that. You may be coming from a pve perspective so I won't comment on that, but from a pvp standpoint the standing of sorcs will remain unchanged. They are still a very powerful class in pvp and the lightning nerfs will not change that.

Love to see Sorc tears, moreso when the tears come form the noobs that only could Force Storm spam all the time!, God, 3 months of annoying spam but THIS, just this 3 pages are totally worth it. Keep crying guys.

Now the only thing left for me is a post full of Assasin's tears too, crying that their class wasn't OP and that the nerf is unjustified... XDD

You are completely wrong on all counts. We are not in line with anything, we are clearly inferior to every other DPS class there is.

Because Lightning was all about Storm :rolleyes: You may want to learn to use your single target rotation now.

You mean the rotation that was also nerfed, with everything but Thundering Blast getting nerf hammered?

We are unviable in PvE now, and even more unviable in PvP.

Force Storm isn't viable for anything anymore. Not even hardly worth having on your bar.

Edited by DarkJuliaArcher

You mean the rotation that was also nerfed, with everything but Thundering Blast getting nerf hammered?

We are unviable in PvE now, and even more unviable in PvP.

Force Storm isn't viable for anything anymore. Not even hardly worth having on your bar.

Won't speak for PVE, but the single target nerfs won't be that noticeable in PVP as it isn't a dummy parse. The true strength of lightning in PVP is in their superb mobility and that hasn't changed. They are still very strong in pvp.

Love to see Sorc tears, moreso when the tears come form the noobs that only could Force Storm spam all the time!, God, 3 months of annoying spam but THIS, just this 3 pages are totally worth it. Keep crying guys.

Now the only thing left for me is a post full of Assasin's tears too, crying that their class wasn't OP and that the nerf is unjustified... XDD

The only thing left for me will be returning in a year or so, when EA finally shelves SWTOR for new endeavors, and listening to the tears of all the haters that cheered as subs left..Kinda like the scene in Roger and Me; people celebrating as the last vehicle rolls off the assembly line, one guy walks past the camera and says "I don't know what the hell they're cheering for, we all just lost our f-----g jobs." The more you cheer and jeer subs out the door, the faster you hasten your own demise. You must be a real winning personality to revel in the disappointment and anger of other peoples' dissatisfaction with a product they paid for just as you did, and therefore, SHOULD enjoy the rights and respects that you seem to so strongly demand. Of course like most people of your ilk, the only thing that matters is your own self-righteous tripe. Good day to you and your misery.

I imagine those were made up by people who hated sorcerers anyway and want to "prove" the nerf wasn't bad.

WE ARE UNVIABLE IN PVE AND PVP NOW. That's all that matters.

Made up?

So you're calling these people out for faking a parse?

Please clarify so I can get the popcorn out.

Unviable you are not and OP you are also not anymore =P

You can't possibly convince anyone with half a brain that what TK was pulling before the nerf wasn't OP.

The fact of the matter is that TK could break 5200 on a dummy pre-nerf which is more then any ranged burst spec

by ~300dps. Right now the highest parses for Gunnery, Sharpshooter, and TK are:

Gunnery-4743

http://parsely.io/parser/view/8579/0

Sharpshooter-4960

http://parsely.io/parser/view/19448/0

TK/Lightning-4960

http://parsely.io/parser/view/19734/1

Looks pretty good to me.

Edited by DeedeeSu

you shut up now. its people like you that got us nerf calling in and crying telling papa bio you would cancel sub if force storm isn't nerf. I talk to many bh class and they wanted that nerf so bad. and don't you dare start crying when many sorc switch to madness spec. I don't want to hear your ***** *** crying about "waaa waaa nerf madness, its too op'd" it doesn't need a buff it doesn't need to be mest with, if that happens I swear papa bio im out of here no more purchasing cc no more 15 bucks no more anything!

Edited by hoaxburn

Very expensive game and all want be sure they paying 15$ in month for good game! New Warzones New Paazak new maps on wz and OPTIMISATION FOR ALL PC PLEASE EA we dont need lags we want enjoy STAR WARS UNIVERSE THANK YOU !:D Edited by fluuut

you shut up now. its people like you that got us nerf calling in and crying telling papa bio you would cancel sub if force storm isn't nerf. I talk to many bh class and they wanted that nerf so bad. and don't you dare start crying when many sorc switch to madness spec. I don't want to hear your ***** *** crying about "waaa waaa nerf madness, its too op'd" it doesn't need a buff it doesn't need to be mest with, if that happens I swear papa bio im out of here no more purchasing cc no more 15 bucks no more anything!

Madness is dangerously close to OP in it's own right, mainly becouse of it's DoT spread. That's PVP only, couse in PVE it desperately needs more damage.

Lightning, on the other hand, was overperforming, both as burst class and in AOE situations.

So, kind sir, you shut up now. Even better, unsub. You won't be missed

Game cost 200+m$ if no liez we payign enought $ to play ok... Lags. NO OPTIMISATION. * The problem is that the Developers are more focused on PvP* = REALy? thats why 4 years same WZ MAPS ... They msut adding EVERY day new maps with interesting mechanic Antigravitation and Explosives + some cool stuff i am not developer cant teach them but i think NOTHIGN new .. 2011 year this MMORP was Awesome looks like new generation mmo graphic and cool Story now IT IS LAGS LAGS LAGS same wz maps Cartel Stuff nothign new Where pAzzzak ? Where New claas? where 30 fps on wz? they can only Nerf sorc Strorm now it is looks terrible 3 seconds my fried played this game coz fo sorc he unsubscirber coz FORCE STORM sounds and very bad now... THey killed Sorcerer i have core i 3 3.6 gggz + Radeon 7790 i have 60 fps on any planets on HIGHT graphic full hd resolution but when i join wz on Very low graphic stable 4-8 fps no more then 10 NEVER ENOUGHT NERF NO NEED NEW THING create NORMAL game play PLS or you will lose subscribers.. i think why all server become unpopulation 10 peoples on fleet on Biggist EU server TOFN OMG it is smells bad OR spent more 5.000.000 to repair game mechanic use new Platform no hero engine or add some updates but if you think i love game so hard and u get back ur 202m$ + 100m$ from our subscription and cartel payment andall ok NO NO NO not all ok i still pay for game coz i voe it but NOW I HATE it coz of this stuf PLS EA dont kill Bioware like you did with all small game Companies ...* read history* LONG LIVE TO BIOWARE and EA PLS DON TKILL OUR STAR WARS

Is this serious?

Honestly the nerf wasn't that bad. They took something that was suppose to be used for aoe dmg that was being used for single target dmg and fixed it.

Everybody keeps saying this to justify why sorcs\sages should calm down but why does it matter? Whose business is it how anyone structures their combat rotation in a mostly PVE game - and yes PVPers are a very small subset of the player base and they shouldn't be the main focus of balancing changes. I just don't get why everyone thinks it's their business to tell people when they think they should be able to use combat skills when it's the player's decision based on the situation on the ground.

I see bounty hunters using their AOE attacks against single enemies just as much as any sorc or sage, yet nobody blinks an eye when the Boba Fett wannabe shoots up in the air and decimates the lonely Pub with a hail of fire and death. Also it wasn't just Force Storm\Force Quake that was nerfed, several skills were nerfed to the point where the main healer class was severely handicapped when it comes to defending oneself against adds that aren't taunted away by the OPs group while healing, or even contribute his fair share of DPS when the situation calls for it during an operation.

How about using your other attacks? You know...your single target stuff and proc'd aoe...kinda like several other classes do.

I'm guessing you mean the several other classes that also only carry one weapon, cannot stealth, and only use light armor... oh wait.

My point is, without the durability that some of the other classes have -and- the ability to just stealth out of fights when you were up against too many mobs to fight one at a time. Focequake was the only way of clearing the wave before just getting steamrolled. YES, focequake was strong... but it was to make up for the fact that the Sage has no survivability on his/her own. This isn't a problem when you in a group, where you tank can just keep focus off you. But when you are on your own, you basically have to tip-toe around every area now, careful not to accidentally draw aggro.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/19734/1

http://parsely.io/parser/view/19475/5

These guys will tell you otherwise.

Ignorance is bliss, or in this case rage :rolleyes:

I dont think posting a parse thats in bis and is a very lucky at best is best representative of a class dps (52 apm and 42 crit chance, ***, also check Nadinas other parses, it ranges between 4,6-4,7, and other one has a parse of 4,4, so i dont know what is their parse average) . Force storm/forcequake shoud have been nerfed, nobody is complaining about that (well im not). I just dont see the reason why nerf the single target rotation and make it clunky. I dont think this nerfing is doing the game any good, it will not balance the game. And some abilities (like flybye on slingers, and now maybe forcestorm) are not used anymore, so whats the point of having thoose abilities( they coud just remove them from the game). I think the main problem with bioware is that they dont know how to balance a skill, its either they ruin it completly or they buff it so other people complain that its op.

I'm guessing you mean the several other classes that also only carry one weapon, cannot stealth, and only use light armor... oh wait.

You mean all those other classes that also have amazing self healing even in DPS spec... oh wait I forgot only sorcs have that. :rolleyes: