Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Kira Romance

Rayquin

So I'm playing a Jedi Knight and I'm about a level 39. For the most part I didn't choose the flirt options for Kira in all the conversations I've had with her, even though I only had like 3 or so. Is it still to late to have a romance with Kira?

One of the problems with Kira is that she has no companion gifts that have a large or moderate affection gain from the gift vendors. They are all rated "small." Normally you can get companion affection up to 6,000 with the expenditure of less than 40K credits, but NOT with Kira. I n addition to the companion vendor you can, of course, get gifts via the GTN under the Miscellaneous tab. I just went through every single available gift (as I do with all my companions) to see what they liked, and Kira likes expensive stuff, so raising her affection with gifts is going to cost you Big Time.

Of course you can do it via conversations, maybe. I'm at level 22 and have her up to 1600 or so--nowhere near high enough, but it may be possible to slog through it if you get her to agree with every decision you make.

Jedi Knight is my last of 8, so I have played with every single companion except the ones I will get with this toon later on, and I try to get to 10K on all of them. She is one of the toughest.

It takes a lot of them but you can get any companion to 8000 affection with the Rank 2 gifts from the vendor for 600cr each.

It's not cheap but it's definitely something to consider before buying overpriced things on the GTN.

Get their affection to 8000 before having any conversations with them and then use the conversations to boost you as much of the rest of the way as possible for free.

Edited by Rankyn

One of the problems with Kira is that she has no companion gifts that have a large or moderate affection gain from the gift vendors. They are all rated "small." Normally you can get companion affection up to 6,000 with the expenditure of less than 40K credits, but NOT with Kira..

It's been a while since I leveled my male Knight so I can't really remember... isn't Kira like Risha regarding gifts ? Risha, when not romanced also has no gifts with large gains, but once you flirted a few times with her (so she is being "romanced"), then gains from gifts go up.

To the OP, if you only had 3 conversations with her, I'm fairly positive there will be more opportunities to flirt with her. Like people suggested, raise her affection with gifts and start talking to her on your ship.

Edited by wainot-keel

actualy.. both Kira and Risha have medium affection gifts. they have no favorites outside of romance, but for Kira in particular technology and luxury gifts give medium tier of affection, so she's not that bad to gift spam.

the only character that is a pain to gift spam without romancing them - is Ashara. she is the ONLY companion that only has small affection gifts.

(to clarify - there are 4 tiers of gifts, in terms of preference. favorites, likes, ok with, and no affection change. for Kira technology and luxury are in "likes" category - while in romance luxury moves to favorite, aka maximum possible affection gain)

actualy.. both Kira and Risha have medium affection gifts. they have no favorites outside of romance, but for Kira in particular technology and luxury gifts give medium tier of affection, so she's not that bad to gift spam.

the only character that is a pain to gift spam without romancing them - is Ashara. she is the ONLY companion that only has small affection gifts.

(to clarify - there are 4 tiers of gifts, in terms of preference. favorites, likes, ok with, and no affection change. for Kira technology and luxury are in "likes" category - while in romance luxury moves to favorite, aka maximum possible affection gain)

Having just gone through this with Kira I repeat: She has ONLY "small" affection for gifts from the gift vendors, which sell gifts for either 200 or 600 credits. There are plenty of "medium" and "large" affection gifts for sale on the GTN--at 20K apiece. I counted 11 Large and 15 Medium. But doing it that way is VERY expensive. And they aren't all luxury and tech. The Account of the Discovery of Korriban, for example, gets a Large affection gain. Unification Wars gets Medium. Most companions you can get to 6,000 with about 40K credits, but not Kira.

And yes, Ashara is the only companion I did not get to 10,000 because I felt it was just impossible from a practical standpoint.

Make sure to buy the Legacy of Altruism III before you start gifting ... +30% goes a long way.

Also the conversations can happen at any time after you reach certain milestones in affection AND storyline... you can max affection and only do some convos until chapter 2, etc.

Having just gone through this with Kira I repeat: She has ONLY "small" affection for gifts from the gift vendors, which sell gifts for either 200 or 600 credits. There are plenty of "medium" and "large" affection gifts for sale on the GTN--at 20K apiece. I counted 11 Large and 15 Medium. But doing it that way is VERY expensive. And they aren't all luxury and tech. The Account of the Discovery of Korriban, for example, gets a Large affection gain. Unification Wars gets Medium. Most companions you can get to 6,000 with about 40K credits, but not Kira.

And yes, Ashara is the only companion I did not get to 10,000 because I felt it was just impossible from a practical standpoint.

you are misunderstanding what I have said.

or more specificaly, you misunderstand how affection and gifts work.

affection from gifts drops with higher affection grades. even favorite gift from a vendor, after certain point will ONLY give small affection gain.

gifts are separated by type. IF you compare green vendor gifts of the same level, Kira will get MORE affection from luxury and tech, than from other types of gifts of the same level. even if it says on the gift that affection gain is small, since all is relative.

so I repeat. you will get more bang for your buck with Kira if you give her luxury and tech gifts while not romancing her than anything else OF COMPARABLE LEVEL AND QUALITY. so you know... we are comparing green to green etc

yes. its not going to be as high as with companions who have favorites outside of romance. but when you are saying that she only has small affection gifts? you are being incorrect.

Edited by Jeweledleah

So I'm playing a Jedi Knight and I'm about a level 39. For the most part I didn't choose the flirt options for Kira in all the conversations I've had with her, even though I only had like 3 or so. Is it still to late to have a romance with Kira?

The only flirt you had to avoid was the first one, because it would break the romance chain. It was also dark sided and really that's something kira would be against anyways (but that has been changed so it doesn't prevent you from romancing her, iirc). But you do have to flirt with her to start the romance, I wouldn't pass on the next one, if it isn't already too late.

It takes a lot of them but you can get any companion to 8000 affection with the Rank 2 gifts from the vendor for 600cr each.

It's not cheap but it's definitely something to consider before buying overpriced things on the GTN.

Get their affection to 8000 before having any conversations with them and then use the conversations to boost you as much of the rest of the way as possible for free.

Well I realized that having treasure hunting as a crew skill allows me to get gift fragments. I can go to the curator and get some really nice gifts for all my companions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.