Datacrons - A little advice please

Discotrash

Hello,

Yesterday I collected a couple of Datacrons in the starting area and have been wondering if it's okay to come back at a later level and start collecting the rest? I've never had a higher level character and would like to focus my time in reaching this goal first.

Will it have much of an impact on my characters stats if I come back and start collecting the Datacrons later on when my character is higher?

Many thanks

Not really. they give a bonus to stats so if you collect them later you just don't get the + to that stat. you can get to level 60 without them, I have on one character. So getting them later what do you lose? well short answer is the XP points if your already maxed out and that plus on the stats. but yes you can still get them later.

Remember though that those +2's and +4's on stats do mount up.

Just to clarify, if you wait and go back for them at 60, you will not get any xp for them, (though you will receive legacy xp). You will still get the stat increases and the codex entries and credit towards completing all achievements on a given planet.

Total Stat increase of all original Datacrons is 30 plus increase across all stats. Makeb added a 10 Endurance and 10 Presence. Rishi Datacrons (when they cooperate) is +10 for all stats I believe save endurance and presence. So +40 total.

Hello,

Yesterday I collected a couple of Datacrons in the starting area and have been wondering if it's okay to come back at a later level and start collecting the rest? I've never had a higher level character and would like to focus my time in reaching this goal first.

Will it have much of an impact on my characters stats if I come back and start collecting the Datacrons later on when my character is higher?

Many thanks

I usually get the easy and not out of the way ones as I go through my class quests... But I only lvl in pvp so I rarely get XP from class quests anyway... I will usually spend a day going back and also forward a few planets if I'm below 60 to get class specific datacrons to boost my stats in pvp... Every bit helps... It's definitely worth getting them for that reason... I never get them for XP

Don't forget about the +10 all stats on fleet. That puts you to at least 50, but for some reason I think it's more than that if you get all of them and total it up.

Ah forgot that one. So 50 total.

HP wise= 500 more health

Main stat= 10 extra bonus dmg if my math is correct.

Personally I only do it for the title and deco.

Edited by FerkWork

My professional Datacron Master advice is to always get them as you level, not once you're maxed.

• You get XP for each one you collect as well as (usually) exploration XP.
  • The stat boosts are much more effective while leveling.
  • If you wait until you're maxed it feels like more of a chore than if you do them in small doses.

Edited by PetFish

Personally i did it for the legacy title you get. It was a pain because im mostly an empire player and had no chars on max level on pub side, so i had to level one to get the ones on rep side too. However it was worth the effort, all to get the title and the datacron decorations. I'd also recommend as others said to get them as you level up, it will boost both your exp gain and your stats, and when you are max level its harder to spend X amount of hours nonstop collecting them. Edited by DeVanagloris