All ships complete- world first?

Verain

A ship is complete if it has every upgrade purchased on every possible component- it is no longer possible to spend ship requisition in any amount on a "complete" ship.

While players have had some or many "complete" ships for over a year, I've never heard anyone claim to have completed every single ship yet, so this could well be a first?

By every ship, I mean, every ship. List:

Imperial ships on Purple (Bastion) and Republic ships on Verain (Bastion):

Type 1 Strike- Starguard, Rycer, TZ-24 Gladiator, TZ-24 Enforcer

Type 2 Strike- Pike, Quell

Type 3 Strike- Clarion, Imperium

Type 1 Scout- Novadive, Blackbolt

Type 2 Scout- Flashfire, Sting, IL-5 Skybolt, IL-5 Ocula

Type 3 Scout- Spearpoint, Bloodmark

Type 1 Gunship- Quarrel, Mangler, VX-9 Redeemer, VX-9 Mailoc

Type 2 Gunship- Comet Breaker, Dustmaker, K-52 Strongarm, K-52 Demolisher

Type 3 Gunship- Condor, Jungoran

Type 1 Bomber- Rampart, Razorwire

Type 2 Bomber- Warcarrier, Legion, GX-1 Firehauler, GX-1, Onslaught

Type 3 Bomber- Sledgehammer, Decimus

Many players have a large pool of tokens. Obviously, I popped my tokens to make this happen. I was mostly sick of, even while on my mains, trying to figure out which ship I "should play for req" and then feeling like that should have a spot on my bar next to my good ships (needed if the game is competitive) and whatever ship I was in the mood to play in a casual game (which could be a subset of the first, but not always).

Most surprising to me:

> My Imperium was way behind where it was in my head. The Clarion about where I thought (it was almost complete before tokens). It's interesting that the gulf was so large between these two. The Imperium was the laggiest ship by req on empire side- even behind the later launched type 3 gunship/bomber.

> My Decimus was ahead of where I thought it would be, but my Sledgehammer was way behind, the laggiest ship of any of mine. I guess my play of these two type 3 bombers must fuse together. I know I've had the sledgehammer on my bar pubside quite a bit, so I was surprised it was so far behind, even given its predictable position as a laggy ship.

> I overpopped tokens on empire. If I had been more diligent I could have saved three weekly tokens, and if I had been willing to cartel coin for that purpose I could have saved like six-seven. I'm still not sure what I double counted to screw this one up!

> The Ocula was way ahead of the Skybolt. I don't really understand this one at all. Both lagged the sting and flashfire, but that I get- those two ships don't look like nards, after all.

> The Rycer was so far behind it was funny, given its position as a launch ship (every token popped in character history by definition hit the Rycer). I kind of knew this going in, given that I had completed a TZ-24 Gladiator so many months ago instead of the less appealing Rycer, but it's still amusing.

> Not a surprise, but the spare req I have on my Republic side strikes is pretty large. The Pike and Starguard were complete so early, and the Clarion and TZ-24 nearly so, that it's pretty silly.

> I was surprised that the type 3 scouts were in such good shape. I've been playing them a decent amount, so I guess I shouldn't be, but these ships have a LOT of trashcan upgrades and a huge amount of total req to completion.

> Ion mine at last. All mine, ion mine. We can finally be together, ion mine. But, this has to be in secret!

Anyway, looking forward to:

> Being able to dice for ship, components, and crew on a lark sometimes.

> Being able to queue whatever ship I'm in the mood for entirely without regard to requisition.

> Seeing new ships finally announced now that I've popped 150kish worth of tokens on both sides snerk snerk!!

Edited by Verain

Congrats!

To this day there are still ships I've never flown. Once I completed the ones I keep in my hangar, I quit worrying about requisition. But I know I don't have near enough tokens or fleet req to complete ALL of the ships.... I've completed all scouts, does that count?

Edited by Ymris

I think tonight we might have to have an Ion Mine party to celebrate. 4 Razorwires with Ion mines sounds like the perfect way.

Congratulations again!

I definitely have all the Imperial ships(Minus the Cartel ones) done and am very close to all my republic ones.

Edited by Drakkolich

Edit: Nvm, I dont have cartel ships on Impside :)

I don't really think anyone else was really in the running, to be honest. Maybe Nemarus. Drako doesn't have all the ships and didn't grab as many dailies as me (though I imagine he's close). The dailies are so massive on this effort, however, that the fact that he (and some others) have played a lot more games isn't going to matter.

By the way, how much flights on each character did you have?

Each of the two mains is around 1200ish.

Remember that the completion values for ships differ dramatically from each other.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=748452

Here's a fun statistic: My Rycer is complete with 110k to spare. I have earned a total of 20k ship req total on that ship. I have 16 games on it.

But if you click that link, you'll see that it's only 400k to complete a type 1 strike. Me being a little over 510k then, compares to 507k needed to complete on any scout, pretty much represents a minimum.