Favorite Playable Race so far?

Sporetox

Well, I know that there has been a lot of discussion on what races people want. But I'd like to know what everyone's favorite currently playable race is.

So yeah, say that here.

Personally, I like the Pureblood Sith and the Chiss.

Edited by Sporetox

Well, I know that there has been a lot of discussion on what races people want. But I'd like to know what everyone's favorite currently playable race is.

So yeah, say that here.

Twi'lek and PB Sith are my top two. It's especially fun to play a PB Sith on the pub side. :D

Humans, only because the earlier expansions of character design options were limited to them. Who knew a human with sunglasses (I mean a miraluka) would be unable to have purple or pink hair. The extreme laziness by BW in implementing these ensured that the best option would be humans who have the most customization options by a mile. It doesn't help that all the red sith look virtually identical.. or that zabraks have horns and hair intertwined. or that twileks clip worse than anyone else.. but i digress.

Humans, only because the earlier expansions of character design options were limited to them. Who knew a human with sunglasses (I mean a miraluka) would be unable to have purple or pink hair. The extreme laziness by BW in implementing these ensured that the best option would be humans who have the most customization options by a mile. It doesn't help that all the red sith look virtually identical.. or that zabraks have horns and hair intertwined. or that twileks clip worse than anyone else.. but i digress.

I do agree there is a big issue with humans getting all the customization options. I'd love to see options for the cathar, they need more options badly.

iv got 1 mira

2 miri

2 cathar

2 zabraks

1 sith

1 rattataki

1 chiss

1 human

their all meh.. to me, but if i were to choose... my favorite would be chiss (blue skin and red eyes, cant go wrong) and then rattataki.

my main is a big black miraluka though lol

Twi'lek is my favorite race. I have three of them. The clipping has only been a problem so far with my bounty hunter (those darn jet packs!) I like that my Jedi can wear whatever robe she wants and it will always be the hood down version. Some hats look stupid on Twi'leks but others just look like holes were tailored in for the lekku, and I can deal with that.

I have three Cathar as well, but I don't like their face shape choices. They are limiting and sometimes bizarre-looking (weirdly spaced eyes, funny shaped mouths, etc.) I do like my big body type 4 male Cathar though. I love his wild-looking hairstyle, and I gave him this big beard with sideburns so now it looks like he has a full mane around his head. He's like a big, burly lion. :p

I really love my Twi'leks. I love playing around with hats more than anything; my human girls are pretty much limited to headbands or else "hide helm", but my Twi'leks are where I get to be really creative with hats, seeing which ones work with the lekku and not being worried about messing up my carefully-selected hairstyle, haha.

That said, I have a special appreciation for my Zabrak. Zabrak is one of those races it is really, *really* easy to make look just downright awful, but when you get the customization juuuuuuust right it is magic!

It's funny next to Cather the race I like the least is Rattataki. They just creep me out for some reason.

Yes, players will like or dislike things for different reasons. That's why I think that adding greater variety would improve this game so much.

The reason I'm uninterested in the Chiss is based on lore not looks.

Chiss for Agent is fun, I get a few extra throwaway lines.

Zabrak for SI is interesting, but I just enjoy my PB SI.

Cathar are fun as well, but can use more hair styles. A lot more. Same with Zabs, PBs, everything really.

Miraluka is cool, need more masks though.

Twi'lek need more colors, markings and for cosmetics to be separate from the marks.

Basically, I enjoy them all, but want more options for each, not just standard humans.

torn between twi'lek and cathar.

Though when togruta come out they'll probably take top spot (assuming they don't screw them up)

Assuming they fixed the major clipping issues and they provide enough skintones and patters for the face Togruta should be fine.

Humans, call me old fashioned. Twi'leks I only like as a Female, not a pervert I swear. Everything else is just deformed humans, except Cathar. Need more "alien" looking playable races. Togrutas will be cool.

Honestly this I can understand the male Twi'leks are ugly as hell and don't look right since they have HUMAN ears while the females don't.

Honestly this I can understand the male Twi'leks are ugly as hell and don't look right since they have HUMAN ears while the females don't.

Yeah, that's always puzzled me. I guess I understand why the game went that route with the ears, because they were sticking to the canon I think, or did they just misinterpret the original designs... what I don't get is why George Lucas' effects production team went that way. Bib Fortuna has humanish ears, and yet Oola had nibs. When I look at pictures of Oola, I'd say the nibs are more to do with the headgear she's wearing. She might have humanish ears underneath? Weird...*shakes head*

Edited by Lunafox