The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

OTP: Make it optional please. We're not a child that needs overprotection.

zerobreakerx

One Time Passwords.

I undestand security is important for everyone. But sometimes I'd like to have the option to completely turn off this stupid OTP which prompts me every time I connect to the game using several computers I own.

I have 2 laptops at the moment, one is a gaming laptop which I lug around places every day, and other one which is fixed location. If I play the game on one laptop, then i log into forum on another one, OTP is trigged for both laptops.

Then not to mention i need 5-6 OTP per day because I move around a lot and my IP changes all the time.

You could make a legal notice of disclaimer which players agree to, then allow to turn OFF the OTP authentication.

Something like " You agree that by turning off the OTP, your account may be at risk from attacks from hackers/keyloggers/etc, and that BioWare will not be liable for any loss caused to your game account if you agree to this legal waiver. [ ] I agree "

Give us the option to turn it off. I don't want the extra security, I take full responsibility if I lose my account, I'm not a child. And stop treating us like a child that needs forced protection.

No. it is there for account protection. Yes while I agree it can be annoying, it is better for the security of accounts. Besides if, if you do not want to deal with OTP's then get a security key. it is what I did.

EDIT: I would appreciate it if you did not say us. You do not speak for me or anyone else. And I say keep the system the way it is.

Edited by theUndead

Security Key = Problem solved

I don't want to have to rely on a security keychain or my cell phone being completely charged everytime I want to log into the site or the game.lol

I mean, I could see once from a different computer, but i've logged on from work multiple times and multiple times ti's asked me for a one time password..

I don't want to have to rely on a security keychain or my cell phone being completely charged everytime I want to log into the site or the game.lol

I mean, I could see once from a different computer, but i've logged on from work multiple times and multiple times ti's asked me for a one time password..

The question I want to know is, why are you playing at work? Lol

Plus it's in BW's interest to have as much security. By having a one time password or Secuirty Key it decreases the chances of accounts being hacked. The less hacks= more secure system and thus builds a sense of trust in the game which would be broken if security was loosened even if players accepted full responsibility. And I can bet those many of those same would somehow find BW at fault. :rolleyes:

I don't mind the one time password thing, but like I said from the same computer now i've had to do it twenty times. Then it'll pop up when I get home too due to switching computers I guess?

I don't play at work I come to the forums from work then play at home.lol Reason is half the time there's nothing to do here, so, gotta stay busy somehow or i'd go crazy with boredom!

My phone lasts 2 days on a single charge. If opening one app, pressing one button, and closing the app takes all your battery power, then you need a new battery or a new phone.

You also get 100 cartel coins per month just for having the security key, and access to a few items that aren't obtainable anywhere else. Nothing spectacular, but they are unique items.

Yeah, I was convinced by the new Cargo holds that were added... or "vaults"

it's not that, it's that i never charge my phone. My phone will last for days without a charge. It's brand new, the LG G3.

So the battery is good, it's just a WHAT IF scenario.

I'm probably gonna get the mobile app though since I seen the cargo holds i don't have to make MK3s for or buy for stupid amounts on the GTN. 15k Credits and i'm guessing it works as a bank. Now if they could offer me a Stronghold training dummy in that Security Key Vendor i'd be set.

USB charge cables are cheap. Keep one by your PC. Keep one in your car. Keep one in your desk / locker at work. Keep one in a coat pocket. Use one as a bracelet. Tie your shoes with one.

Ok, I'm kidding with the last few, but it's really a non concern unless you live in the Sahara. Then again, they make solar chargers too.

No no no. I doubt that. Wow, I had a security key, had to CALL and send them a picture of my ID.lol

I was like "Shoot, want my thumbprint and bloodwork too!?"

SWTOR's process is simple. It involves a One Time Password and a security question. I had to do it myself when I upgraded my phone's OS and it broke the app.

Now if they could offer me a Stronghold training dummy in that Security Key Vendor i'd be set.

I would actually buy a Stronghold training dummy. I don't buy the starship ones, because I'm rarely on my ship any more.

Heck, I'd even buy a guild flagship training dummy.