PTS forum feedback for 3.2

Skettitangles

Mara/sents getting some more changes in 3.2 and the PTS feedback forum is full of some good suggestions. Just wanna remind the players that are giving not so constructive criticism directed at the devs to please cool it down a notch. You're not helping by crying and will only lead to the usual L2P trolling that goes with that

Mara/sents getting some more changes in 3.2 and the PTS feedback forum is full of some good suggestions. Just wanna remind the players that are giving not so constructive criticism directed at the devs to please cool it down a notch. You're not helping by crying and will only lead to the usual L2P trolling that goes with that

Well most people are far beyond the point were has any interest to invest time to write long elaborate posts for feedback. We did that December and most of the time 3.1.1. ---> they took a big fat poo on Sentcommunity feedback in that patch. Do you really think anyone will remain reasonable nowadays.

Dev could scroll back to posts from December they pooped on;-)

Well most people are far beyond the point were has any interest to invest time to write long elaborate posts for feedback. We did that December and most of the time 3.1.1. ---> they took a big fat poo on Sentcommunity feedback in that patch. Do you really think anyone will remain reasonable nowadays.

Yes. Yes I do expect everyone to remain reasonable and to continue to invest the time and thought it takes to provide constructive feedback to the people who have the power to change the status of Marauder/Sentinel in this game. If you have the time to flame a dev, you have the time to read other people's posts and put a little thought into the words you choose to share on the swtor forums. If all you have is crying to share it's best left unwritten because it serves absolutely no purpose at all other than to draw some temporary attention to one's self.

I couldn't agree more. What is the point of posting the same problems and possible fixes over again? There was literally hundreds of posts and they were completely looked over. What do we get? A crappy update to sentinel and a post saying they are increasing focused defense for guardians. Its a slap in the face for the devoted sentinel/mar players. We were completely forgot about in 3.0 even though we paid for the expansion. We were than disrespected again with the crappy update to sentinels. Heres the big question. WHY ARE SENTINELS TERRIBLE IN RANKED AND BURNED DOWN FAST IN WARZONES? Go ahead with the L2P posts but I guess every sentinel/mar and the server has to L2P with the most squishy class in the game

Edited by Bu-jin
spelling error

I couldn't agree more. What is the point of posting the same problems and possible fixes over again? There was literally hundreds of posts and they were completely looked over. What do we get? A crappy update to sentinel and a post saying they are increasing focused defense for guardians. Its a slap in the face for the devoted sentinel/mar players. We were completely forgot about in 3.0 even though we paid for the expansion. We were than disrespected again with the crappy update to sentinels. Heres the big question. WHY ARE SENTINELS TERRIBLE IN RANKED AND BURNED DOWN FAST IN WARZONES? Go ahead with the L2P posts but I guess every sentinel/mar and the server has to L2P with the most squishy class in the game

We got a dud deal with 3.0... We are one of the weakest classes in the game atm. The devs did a poor job delivering a balanced update and have been slow and less than communicative about how they intend to fix the issues with Marauders/Sentinels. These are all obvious facts. It's also a harsh reality that a real sense of balance for our class is not coming anytime soon and we are literally better off playing Juggernauts for the more difficult content in both PvP and PvE right now.

Having re-stated the obvious I will say this. It is difficult but not impossible to utilize our mains/favourite class in many aspects of the game's content including Ranked PvP and HM PvE despite the melee unfriendly mechanics in a lot of the new content and having to PvP against the FOTM classes that got more out of 3.0 than should have been granted.

Personally I see it as an opportunity to get better at playing.

My point in the op is this.

More crying will get us more nothing

Continue to throw negativity at the devs if you wish or continue to throw reasonable ideas their way until something good happens.

If you don't feel you're getting value for money uninstall the game

We got a dud deal with 3.0... We are one of the weakest classes in the game atm. The devs did a poor job delivering a balanced update and have been slow and less than communicative about how they intend to fix the issues with Marauders/Sentinels. These are all obvious facts. It's also a harsh reality that a real sense of balance for our class is not coming anytime soon and we are literally better off playing Juggernauts for the more difficult content in both PvP and PvE right now.

Having re-stated the obvious I will say this. It is difficult but not impossible to utilize our mains/favourite class in many aspects of the game's content including Ranked PvP and HM PvE despite the melee unfriendly mechanics in a lot of the new content and having to PvP against the FOTM classes that got more out of 3.0 than should have been granted.

Continue to throw negativity at the devs if you wish or continue to throw reasonable ideas their way until something good happens.

I tried that, got me a lot of warnings and infractions. Well problem is Swtor monopolizes Star Wars MMOs and I want to play Star Wars MMOs and I have a guild whichs people I don´t want to abandon. I will not try to be elaborate again. I hope they get their asses kicked at the next cantina events for the lack of proffesional customer comunication. They could have countered a lot of rage by talking honestly and getting their priorities right. When a Class has no viable Spec in a MMO every alarm bell should ring and you should **** on balance fears and bring out a hotofix that makes one Spec usable. Make a statement: Oh we ****ed up with is a temporary measure we are working on the real fix in the mean time ASAP. That would be customer support. Or just: "Oh we ****ed up and we will fix that ASAP, but expect other changes in future patches were we balance stuff that ist OP or slighlty underperforming.".

They did: "Oh we will adress all other issues first and then turn to the class nobody wants for competitive pvp and pve. Which an average player will be unable to do anything but to level to 60 with."

I tried that, got me a lot of warnings and infractions.

What got you a lot of warnings and infractions was how much vitriol you spewed, the whining you did, and your all-around negative attitude.

And for someone who thinks it isn't worth their time to give Bioware feedback you sure like to keep posting about it.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Regardless if how the response from the players is, the devs don't really care or listen. I'm not gonna say much but anyone on 3.0 closed pts knows what I'm on about.

Regardless if how the response from the players is, the devs don't really care or listen. I'm not gonna say much but anyone on 3.0 closed pts knows what I'm on about.

I know what you are talking about there is a reason I hate those bootlickers....you know who I mean. The only people applauding Biowares "F you" post. Just look at the first page you see them. They only talk to them;-)

The post regarding PvP performance for the Marauder/Sentinel was disappointing, however it still doesn't change the fact that crying gets us nothing. Several posters have pointed out some interesting ranked player numbers broken down by class and I agree that we need some clarification on how these numbers affect the way the combat team analyse class performance in Ranked Arenas. They've used the old 50% win rate line before and I think it's just recycled fluff tbh

Anni/Watchman have the biggest reason to be upset by the lack of acknowledgement as it is the spec most in need of change purely to improve the player's enjoyment of the class play style.

On the upside we have been assured that Utilities will continue to be tweaked in future updates to improve mobility and survivability for PvP and I am sure these will have a positive effect for HM PvE content as well. And Fury spec will be improved so we may get our "at least one viable spec" for PvP wish should those improvements have a significant effect for Ranked PvPers.

I too feel the pain and disillusionment that Eric's post invoked in our class community but I feel that the community needs to continue to be constructive with our questioning of the dev team and our persistence toward making the class as fun to play as it should be with constructive feedback, even if it feels like we're repeatedly screaming into the void that neither cares nor listens.

The post regarding PvP performance for the Marauder/Sentinel was disappointing, however it still doesn't change the fact that crying gets us nothing. Several posters have pointed out some interesting ranked player numbers broken down by class and I agree that we need some clarification on how these numbers affect the way the combat team analyse class performance in Ranked Arenas. They've used the old 50% win rate line before and I think it's just recycled fluff tbh

Anni/Watchman have the biggest reason to be upset by the lack of acknowledgement as it is the spec most in need of change purely to improve the player's enjoyment of the class play style.

On the upside we have been assured that Utilities will continue to be tweaked in future updates to improve mobility and survivability for PvP and I am sure these will have a positive effect for HM PvE content as well. And Fury spec will be improved so we may get our "at least one viable spec" for PvP wish should those improvements have a significant effect for Ranked PvPers.

I too feel the pain and disillusionment that Eric's post invoked in our class community but I feel that the community needs to continue to be constructive with our questioning of the dev team and our persistence toward making the class as fun to play as it should be with constructive feedback, even if it feels like we're repeatedly screaming into the void that neither cares nor listens.

Srry, I don´t have time to invest hours of calculating and researching for a half-decent constructive feedback post, when all one gets is punches in the face and lies thrown around, as somebody in the Dev started thread prooved that Erics numbers were fake.

Srry, I don´t have time to invest hours of calculating and researching for a half-decent constructive feedback post, when all one gets is punches in the face and lies thrown around, as somebody in the Dev started thread prooved that Erics numbers were fake.

Atlanis sorry m8 but I'm gonna have to do this. You clearly don't have what it takes to survive on your Mara in the current state of the game. I'm sorry but you'll need to jump on a sniper or something much easier to continue to enjoy Swtor. You seem to have all the time in the world to make continued threats about this and that and state that you've run out of reason. You do not represent the marauder community. You do not represent the Sentinel community. Stop posting your drivel in our threads and please reroll to an easier AC if you don't unsub like you promised us all you would months ago

Atlanis sorry m8 but I'm gonna have to do this. You clearly don't have what it takes to survive on your Mara in the current state of the game. I'm sorry but you'll need to jump on a sniper or something much easier to continue to enjoy Swtor. You seem to have all the time in the world to make continued threats about this and that and state that you've run out of reason. You do not represent the marauder community. You do not represent the Sentinel community. Stop posting your drivel in our threads and please reroll to an easier AC if you don't unsub like you promised us all you would months ago

I could upload screenshots that I can survive in PvP most of the time placing ahead of most other DPS from other ACs and have cleared 5/10 of current Hardmode on my Sentinel. I have no active subscription at the moment and I have not spent a Euro on CC since 3.0.. I don´t have 300 hours to reroll and equip another class, srry that I am not like you person that has that time. I lack behind in Rated but given only 3 Sents were eligible for Tier 1 rewards the last time I looked I feel a 1200 Rating is quit an accomplishment on that Marauder of mine on that english PvP Server with a significant amount of matches played. Calling me incompetent is wrong in a lot of ways. I want to enjoy the Game on my Sentinel because I loved the Class since 3.0.+ Devmurder of the Class. Thx for the advice mate but I pay for the Sentinel to be as viable as all the other ACs, I can switch to Concentration if that is required to be viable. I wont switch class because of Developper incompetence, I rather quit game when the Subscription doesn´t get renewed next December.

Well I would rather think you don´t represent the Sent/Mara Community as most people I look at currently are not following your line of "Lets be happy and lick the Devs boots". I won´t thank you someone for delivering a broken product. I won´t thank you someone for delivering the worst Customer Communication in MMO History.

I could upload screenshots that I can survive in PvP most of the time placing ahead of most other DPS from other ACs and have cleared 5/10 of current Hardmode on my Sentinel. I have no active subscription at the moment and I have not spent a Euro on CC since 3.0.. I don´t have 300 hours to reroll and equip another class, srry that I am not like you person that has that time. I lack behind in Rated but given only 3 Sents were eligible for Tier 1 rewards the last time I looked I feel a 1200 Rating is quit an accomplishment on that Marauder of mine on that english PvP Server with a significant amount of matches played. Calling me incompetent is wrong in a lot of ways. I want to enjoy the Game on my Sentinel because I loved the Class since 3.0.+ Devmurder of the Class. Thx for the advice mate but I pay for the Sentinel to be as viable as all the other ACs, I can switch to Concentration if that is required to be viable. I wont switch class because of Developper incompetence, I rather quit game when the Subscription doesn´t get renewed next December.

Well I would rather think you don´t represent the Sent/Mara Community as most people I look at currently are not following your line of "Lets be happy and lick the Devs boots". I won´t thank you someone for delivering a broken product. I won´t thank you someone for delivering the worst Customer Communication in MMO History.

A 1200 rating with no ranked matches played doesn't count. By all means show us your screenshots. I admire your tenacity in terms of persistently calling for the devs blood but it serves no purpose and makes no difference and if anything, merely diminishes the capacity of the devs to take us seriously as a community within the game. I'm just trying to show you you're achieving nothing by continually flaming the threads. But yeah, if you feel the need to prove your mastery of the class go for it. Screenshots, combat logs, whatever.

A 1200 rating with no ranked matches played doesn't count. By all means show us your screenshots. I admire your tenacity in terms of persistently calling for the devs blood but it serves no purpose and makes no difference and if anything, merely diminishes the capacity of the devs to take us seriously as a community within the game. I'm just trying to show you you're achieving nothing by continually flaming the threads. But yeah, if you feel the need to prove your mastery of the class go for it. Screenshots, combat logs, whatever.

I don´t run around calling people incompetent and you might have noticed from time to time I still try to put up one elaborate post about what could help. After 5 Months of face punching the community from the Devs side I feel letting of steam helps a bit. I think many players feel the same;-)

I've put Atlanis on my ignore list some time ago for hurting the Sentinel and Mara community and encourage everyone else to do the same. I'm having a much better time in our class forums since then. His behaviour is even worse then Devs making mistakes, he is a serious problem. So much whining, crying and childish behaviour just ruins the reputation of the class as a whole and hinders balancing it in comparision to other classes. Apart from that I find his attacking everyone with different opinions utterly disgusting. I really wish he just disappeared and stopped hurting the people that do care about the class and are not just spilling their immature whims all over the place with only their own ego in mind like I only see from my five year old nephew.

Nobody is in the mood to be reasonable to devs after that total **** for brains post they gave us a couple days ago.

As it currently stand F the devs.

I'm not asking people to be reasonable, I am not being reasonable all the time either. In fact I'm very emotional about that class, if you read through my posts.

But you will not find me insulting, flaming and trolling posters with different opinions and drop any kind of courtesy and basic human values for the sake of an online game, that's just low. And I refuse to be judged as a Marauder/Sentinel player by someone like Atlanis who is one of the reasons why our demand for necessary improvement is regarded as typical Sentinel cry baby drama queen stuff by players of other classes who lack the deep understanding of our class to realize improvement is indeed necessary - even though you get people with the social competence of a 5 year old going crazy all over the place. This - is - hurting - the - f**ing - class - d*mn it!!!

I'm not asking people to be reasonable, I am not being reasonable all the time either. In fact I'm very emotional about that class, if you read through my posts.

But you will not find me insulting, flaming and trolling posters with different opinions and drop any kind of courtesy and basic human values for the sake of an online game, that's just low. And I refuse to be judged as a Marauder/Sentinel player by someone like Atlanis who is one of the reasons why our demand for necessary improvement is regarded as typical Sentinel cry baby drama queen stuff by players of other classes who lack the deep understanding of our class to realize improvement is indeed necessary - even though you get people with the social competence of a 5 year old going crazy all over the place. This - is - hurting - the - f**ing - class - d*mn it!!!

Well quite insulting, I am heartbroken, how could you;-) *Doesn´t care a piece what certain people think*

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is the arm chair warriors who postulate instead of actually testing it on the PTS... Most of the comments in the feedback thread are by people who haven't even got a Mara or haven't bothered to test it

Sure the Devs rarely listen... But I think that is partially the communities fault too... They can see how many people are on and testing and then see how many are just talking out their rear ends... If we don't provide actual facts based on testing... Why should they listen??

There is hardly anyone on the PTS when I'm on... Lucky if there's 5 of us... That doesn't allow for pvp or ops to actually test tactics or survivabilty

In reality the Devs should actually invite good pvp guilds and ops guilds to test the changes... Most would probably do it because of the recognition from the Devs

Edited by Icykill_

K so the problem with the whole thing is that when asking feedback from the community you are going to get input from players of all skill levels. You then have to take some value from those who are more skilled and adhere to it but also have to deal with the concerns of those who are not so skilled. And because it is a forum, you cannot really tell if someone is skilled or just boasting about something they don't really have. You are then faced with a situation of "who do I listen to?".

Another problem is that there are many different catagories in which you could balance around. PvE, PvP. Regs vs Arena. It's hard to balance both out. More people do Warzones than they do Arena. But Arena is the "ranked" of PvP. So how do you pick? It's not easy.

Solution: The Devs need to spend way more time playing their own game. Just from playing the game in a particular class, they will be able to make their own opinions and agree and disagree with certain posts in balancing.

Realistic Solution: Well, lets face it. Our Devs aren't going to play this game more than they need to, which is depressing. Rather, take the top 10 of each class from Group Ranked. (I dont consider Solo ranked to be true ranked, as it's just a better pug fest) and top 10 nightmare level raiders. Sit down and talk to them. GG.

Edited by Lennm

With new Changes On the PTS i applaud Bio Ware for preforming changes in response to the community in the shortest time frame to date since launch. Historically it has take you(BioWare) to long to implement changes. So First of thank you for the fast response.

2nd: the changes implemented are on the correct path. Improving quality of life is something we desperately needed. Very much appreciated. However, as they changes are very much accepted it still isn't quite what we need. There needs to be 1 more change/implementation ON THE CURRENT PTS!

Make Defensive Forms Base Line

Move Defensive Roll to Skillful Talent

Move new utility: relentless (Pred no longer cost fury but is put on 30 second CD) to Masterful Talent

Put this in place of the Defensive roll talent move

Rework expunging Camo- Increase the Coolddown of force camo by 30 seconds. Allow Force Camo to be used while Stunned. When used Purge all negative affects.

This allows us force camo as a utility to help when he get chain stunned and allows us to remove all dots and movement impairing affects Finally giving us the ability to situationaly deal with the issue of being locked down by stuns/roots/slows and helps relieve the mass amounts of dots classes have on a reasonable coolddown

This also allows us to not be hindered by the so many utilities we must take in order to be playable.

This allows us to be on par with other classes

Juggs( renraged defense)

Sins" (Vanish Shroud)

PTs/Mercs (Automated defense)

Sorcs(Barrier)

Ops/Snipers (vanish dodge/Dodge)

I realize this still leaves a slot open for a new Heroic talent.... I'm sure you are all creative and talented enough to figure something out.

I've already re rolled to a Sage and Gunslinger, I cleared 9/10 new HMs with my Sentinel. I've waited patiently for buffs/changes. I don't often post on the forums I generally just read through, and when I do post its usually constructive - but that constructive feedback has gone unnoticed for a very long time by many other credible people such as yourself, and we are only barely seeing changes now.

I love the class, but a few simple fixes to utilities could make us far more viable for PvP alone, yet nothing seems to get through. The 5 year old outbursts are more frustration than anything else, and the fact they are still asking for class advice only escalates things. There has been months of genuinely helpful and decent class fixes that has been posted over and over and over and over again.

I've already re rolled to a Sage and Gunslinger, I cleared 9/10 new HMs with my Sentinel. I've waited patiently for buffs/changes. I don't often post on the forums I generally just read through, and when I do post its usually constructive - but that constructive feedback has gone unnoticed for a very long time by many other credible people such as yourself, and we are only barely seeing changes now.

I love the class, but a few simple fixes to utilities could make us far more viable for PvP alone, yet nothing seems to get through. The 5 year old outbursts are more frustration than anything else, and the fact they are still asking for class advice only escalates things. There has been months of genuinely helpful and decent class fixes that has been posted over and over and over and over again.

To be clear, I absolutely was NOT referring to you with the post you quoted. I have the utmost respect for you as one of the top Sentinel players around! If I have failed to acknowledge your contributions in the past it was by no means on purpose. I generally don't have much to say about PvP or utilities, I'm more the "rotation guy". And sometimes I don't comment on stuff I'm not sure about.

Meaning I think that what you've been writing has always been well thought out and I can understand if you're getting frustrated.

With my post I was mereley aiming at Atlanis and the likes of him who have always had an inconstructive attitude when posting on forums. That behaviour discredits the Sentinel/Mara community as a whole both in the eyes of Devs - whose help we still desperately need in the end - and also players of other classes who tend to perceive us as a bunch of whiny kids anyway.

Btw I'm still sitting at 8/10 on my Sent so heads up to you! :-)