Not RP-ing on a RP-server

Paatte

Hey guys, I don´t know if someone asked this before, but couldn´t find anything anyway. But this is the thing:

My mate plays on a RP-server and another mate is going to start playing there to. Becouse of this I would like to start playing there aswell. But, I realy hate to RP-writing, love RPGs, but hate to RP in the chat aswell. I think I read somewhere before that you could get banned if you played on a RP server and did not RP, but my mate told me this wasn´t true. That´s why I ask you guys, is it ok to play on a RP-server and not RP or will I get banned or something like that if I do?

Basically an RP-server means you might run into people who are RPing.

And if you do and make a point to disrupt their game play then you can and will get the boot.

So don't be total ........ if you run into RP'ers.

Other then that, have fun

Edited by Korizan

you don't have to RP if you don't want to. all you have to do is not interrupt when other people RP, and just be respectful of other people's gameplay. a lot of servers specifically make out of character channels for general chat and on my server at least, so far general has been mostly just chatting, no role playing to speak of.

role playing in my experience at least is either random encounters, in say, in specific chat channels or organized events.

Hey guys, I don´t know if someone asked this before, but couldn´t find anything anyway. But this is the thing:

My mate plays on a RP-server and another mate is going to start playing there to. Becouse of this I would like to start playing there aswell. But, I realy hate to RP-writing, love RPGs, but hate to RP in the chat aswell. I think I read somewhere before that you could get banned if you played on a RP server and did not RP, but my mate told me this wasn´t true. That´s why I ask you guys, is it ok to play on a RP-server and not RP or will I get banned or something like that if I do?

From someone who played on an rp server through all of WoW. Two simple rules for playing on an rp server and not rping.

1. Be respectful of those who do.

2. Use a name that is not out of character. Even with the lazy naming rules bioware has put into place this will gain you a lot more respect from the players on your server.

Usually, if you're doing your own thing on a RP server, the roleplayers won't much care one way or the other whether you're roleplaying. The issues usually arise when non-RPers go out of their way to disrupt the RP when they see it...small minded people like Owenthorn seem to see it as their sacred duty to show the RPers how "silly" and "nerdy" they're being.

If you do your own thing, and don't act like a fool in public, there should be no issue.

Edited by Ardelia

No, at the moment I´m playing on The Shadow Runner, a PvP server. But I got mates who is going to start playing on a RP server. And someone once told me that if you play on a RP server and don´t RP they would ban you.

No reason you cant play on a RP server. Just dont be an idiot when you meet some RP'ing players and start to disrupt them as this will get you a ban.

Also pick an non offensive name also helps in this and keep it reasonable.

RPers usually are the nicest players you can run into as long as you treat them and what they are doing with courtesy. If you aren't an RPer just tell them and they'll leave you out of spontanious RP. If you hate being around RP, even not being involved in it, then you have to learn to tolerate it, cause that what an RP server would be full of. Edited by Ray_sir

Theres a huge difference between playing a game and acting like your actually a character in the game, Lightning Bolt!

oh noes.. all the actors who enjoy what they do, both professional and amateur must be such huge, lifeless dorks

oh wait.

there's nothing wrong with role playing. you are assuming that people who role play actually believe that they ARE the character they play in a game.

they don't. that's why its called ROLE... PLAYING

Edited by Jeweledleah

Must confess - considering the large number of available servers I am not sure why you would want to pick a RP server if you have no intention of engaging in RP?

Because his friend is coming to an RP server.

As others said, it is no problem. Just be courteous and everything will go really smoothly. Kinda like what you find in most human interactions.