The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CARTEL MARKET - No MSM JT-2 Jetpack

Tealkman

The fact that you are playing a computer game with it proves it does not have all that high a value. You're simply impatient.

LOL! So where do you draw the line on hobbies/enjoyment? If he were fixing a hot rod, would that be a better use of his free time? Or should he be feeding homeless people with his free time? Is he allowed to watch TV during his free time? See a movie? The fact that he's playing a computer game says nothing about how much he values his free time, it simply shows what he enjoys doing during it...is there something wrong with him playing a video game?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened 120 Master's Shadow Pack's and NOT A SINGLE "MSM JT-2 Jetpack".

Is that mount even in the pack or not?

That means you got ALOT of stuff.

So, sell your stuff on the GTN, take your profits, and buy a Jetpack off the GTN with it. You should make plenty of profit off the stuff you got in 120 freakin packs to get it.

I am not one to judge. But it may be time to re-evaluate how much real money you are spending on fake items in a video game.

Edited by DarthVengeant

The fact that you are playing a computer game with it proves it does not have all that high a value. You're simply impatient.

bran does have a point - if you take my comments literally, which is fair, you could deduct I am impatient. Which is also fair!

Even so, 'high value' is relative, and, there is no measurement offered in my original comment. My defininition of 'high value' in the context of my message is I don't have a lot of free time, so I consider the free time I do get 'high value'. It's not a financial value I'm placing on it, rather an intangible value, which to me, is worth more. Thus, high value.

In that context, and the intent of my comment, is for *me*, I choose to spend the little time I have on swtor playing the bits I like, instead of playing the bits I don't. In order to get the toys I want, I have to shell out real cash to trade hypercrates for credits, which is a trade-off for my lack of free time

(aka impatience!) which I could otherwise use to run dailies, farm crafting mats, or play the GTN.

Say I wanted to buy the new 10M jetpack off the GTN. Playing 4 hours a week, farming crafting mats, running dailies etc. would probably take me 6 months to save that much of doing nothing but that. Or, I could just buy two hypercrates and sell them on the GTN. And run FP's and story missions for the next 6 months instead, with my sexy new jetpack strapped to my back. So yes - bran, you are right. I am impatient! But I'm also not crazy :)

Edited by tharbison

LOL! So where do you draw the line on hobbies/enjoyment? If he were fixing a hot rod, would that be a better use of his free time?

Better than playing computer games? No, that's pretty much the same.

Or should he be feeding homeless people with his free time?

"Should" he be? Sure, if he wants to.

Is he allowed to watch TV during his free time? See a movie? The fact that he's playing a computer game says nothing about how much he values his free time, it simply shows what he enjoys doing during it...is there something wrong with him playing a video game?

Engaging in frivolous entertainment, which we all do, does not jibe with statements such as "My time is valuable.," seeming to imply that some people's time is more valuable than that of other people

Engaging in frivolous entertainment, which we all do, does not jibe with statements such as "My time is valuable.," seeming to imply that some people's time is more valuable than that of other people

I think frivolous is subjective! People spend their time on activities that are meaningful to them.

I hope I didn't give the impression that my time is more valuable than others - that was not my intent. I said 'For me, time has a high value', which, is quite different than saying 'my time is more valuable than others'. I expressed my comment as a personal expression about myself, instead of making a blanket statement about everyone. Which I tried to clarify further in my follow up comment. Apologies if I came across otherwise.

Regardless...the timer on my hypercrates will have expired by the time I play tonight - the jetpack is soon to be mine!! With any luck, the jetpack price has dropped.

Edited by tharbison

Better than playing computer games? No, that's pretty much the same.

"Should" he be? Sure, if he wants to.

Well, I don't suffer from feelings of inferiority at any level bran, so I didn't get that from his reply...and since he never said "my time is more valuable than yours", I don't believe that's what he meant. I think he simply meant his free time is sparse, therefor valuable. (which is clarified above :) )

Edited by TUXs