The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Adding Pre 2.0 Sets to CM

As 2.0 and RoTHC went live 144 unique pieces of armor are removed from the game, not including Energized or Exo/Xenotech sets, as most of them looked really, really, cool, "Star Warzie"

Especially the Trooper Tionese/Columi sets, as their placeholder models for their chest, helm, and gauntlets are unique models with no similar models. Section X rep gear has the same placeholder model but missing a few minor details which made the PVE sets look great.

So I ask Bioware to consider adding those sets back into the CM as some players who have not started playing since 2.0 or after 2.0 would have a chance to earn (Buy) those sets because of them being effectively, and totally removed from the game, hell, I know I would totally spend cash on those sets.

As 2.0 and RoTHC went live 144 unique pieces of armor are removed from the game, not including Energized or Exo/Xenotech sets, as most of them looked really, really, cool, "Star Warzie"

Especially the Trooper Tionese/Columi sets, as their placeholder models for their chest, helm, and gauntlets are unique models with no similar models. Section X rep gear has the same placeholder model but missing a few minor details which made the PVE sets look great.

So I ask Bioware to consider adding those sets back into the CM as some players who have not started playing since 2.0 or after 2.0 would have a chance to earn (Buy) those sets because of them being effectively, and totally removed from the game, hell, I know I would totally spend cash on those sets.

Playing the game, or even paying the subscription to play the game, does not entitle a player to everything that is in the game, that ever was in the game or that ever will be in the game. Some things are limited time items. Some things are retired.

I do not have any of the sets you mention, but I, for one, would like to see those sets remain unavailable. If you were not playing at the time those sets were available, I'm sorry.

I came to this forum to check for, or create, this exact thread.

So many awesome sets have been removed from the game over time, which I understand needs to happen. But since we've got the Outfit Designer coming soon, I think it would be an great opportunity for BW to put those sets (or similar versions) up on the CM for a limited time. It would be a fitting way to celebrate the introduction of the new feature.

I know I've deleted a lot of (now unavailable) items over the years that I'd love to use for cosmetic purposes. I'd gladly drop some money on this. Actually, I'd probably drop a lot of money on this.

i fully agree. i am still waiting for the old pvp armor shells they removed in 1.2 to come back for about 3 years now :rolleyes:

the custom designer is finally something i am really happy about but i am still waiting for the old armor skins for my toons :(

Edited by Phearz

Glad to see people on board with this idea, and I agree, Bioware should put specific sets on the CM for a limited time once in a while.

I'm sure many people would love to play mix and match while creating a more diverse playerbase for all servers and making a profit for Bioware since all they're doing is literally re-skinning old armor set.

I still have the shells for my Tionese and Columi sets on my Jugg. To be honest, I don't think you missed much. The sets I have are god-awful ugly. I just won't part with them because of nostalgia and an abundance of unused storage space.

I think part of the appeal these old sets have for players is simply because a lot of people don't have access to them anymore. Back when these sets where current, players couldn't wait to get rid of them. When the ability to removes the armoring and take the set bonus with it was added to the game, people started abandoning these sets in droves because they were so unpopular.

I wouldn't be bothered if they made them available again. I would prefer they did it as something special such as an anniversary run of Eternity Vaults with the old set pieces as drops on the bosses. Those old Ops where they originally dropped were fun.

They have been adding new versions of them back in over time, many to the CM and some as gameplay rewards - they just haven't reintroduced them all at once. Hopefully this will continue until all of the old sets are back in some form. (I do like that they are variations on the original sets, with different names, so that there is still the 'I was there' uniqueness of the originals).

Jedi Consular:

Jedi Knight:

Smuggler:

Trooper:

Bounty Hunter:

Imperial Agent:

Sith Inquisitor:

Sith Warrior:

Edited by DarthDymond

I'm almost entirely certain that all of the Tionese/Columi/Rakata armor models are still available in the game. There might be slight differences such as the CM version of BH Rakata not having Mythasaurs on the boots, but overall they are all available.

I'm not going to log in and check to make sure the names are right but I know for sure that the following 1.0-1.9 sets are available:

Bounty Hunter

Agent

Warrior

Inquisitor

Troooper

Smuggler

Knight

Consular

Yep, that's all of them. There might be minor cosmetic changes, but overall the look is available to everyone. The "elder" versions of these items are retired and limited specifically to those who earned them in their time. And that is the way it should be.