Commanders - Encryptions

annabethchase

This puzzles me and I'm curious what the community thinks:

I'm in several guilds and all of them have the same pattern on commanders. Someone starts saying, "hey I found a commander" and eventually someone says "hey come help the guild" or "we need the conquest points". So in general, most guild members of an appropriate level will set aside whatever they are doing and go help. These commanders take a few minutes to kill, but do require you to leave wherever you are including leaving groupfinder.

So, in my opinion, I'm doing the guild a favor. Yet I get no compensation for this because inevitably the group leaders tell everyone to "trade them the encryptions". I get that while we were still expanding the ship, but the ship has been built for months now. Is there any other compelling reason the guild should get all the encryptions once the ship is fully expanded?

Why do you think the guild still feels entitled to the encryptions, knowing there is no other reward for the battle we just fought? We don't even get a single credit drop or a basic comm.

The "compensation" as you call it could be something like - the Guild-Leader or Officers are selling those via the GTN and are using the Credits to decorate the Ship or perhaps to pay for other stuff for the Guild like "Group Transports via Guild-Ship 20k each" etc. ... The best thing to do would be to ask someone what they are doing ;) ..!

Best regards

Kage

The compensation isn't supposed to be individual. You're doing it for the guild. You always have the option of not doing it.

Yeah, it's just an odd activity since all other guild activities also have individual benefits. I suppose getting that weekly goal is an individual benefit, but I normally spend more crafting than I get back in reward.

Eh my last guild I was in had a leader obsessed with it. Also she was a drunk. Annoying repetitive one. So pulling listening to that. Never again.

You as a guildie should ask where it the components go to. If you don't like that activity and/or fee that your time is wasted either a) Don't log on at that time, B) find another guild.

Edited by FerkWork

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.