Outfit Designer - First Look (Video)

KidLee

Pretty much, but this is a win/win situation if I've ever seen one. People get appearance slots for free, and charging cc for additional ones beyond this is absolutely fair game IMO.

It is absolutely win/win and this is a great, great addition to this game! They have so, so many outfits that this was absolutely needed and now we are getting it and it's absolutely fantastic! No complaints at all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointed.

No hood toggle.

And they made this so we dont have to swap mods for tons of money, but each slot costs 14k?

I might as well just change mods and probably costs less even.

How could it cost less? You only need to add armour to the designer once (up to a maximum of 16 different outfits), where as before you had to remove mods numerous times would could end up costing 30k per item. So if you like changing outfits often, which most of us do, then you could spend millions of credits.

Upwards of 150k per outfit once, sounds better then 200k+ numerous times depending on how often you wish to change outfits. Only changing outfits once is far better with the outfit designer than now. Not to mention changing 7, 8, 9, or even 10 times.

This took far longer than it should have for sure, but I am glad it is being implemented at all. Now if they could just get the hood toggle, which I doubt, then this game is trending in the right direction.

Very disappointed.

No hood toggle.

And they made this so we dont have to swap mods for tons of money, but each slot costs 14k?

That's a small portion compared to the cost of augmenting, modding, and switching mods, within gear.

You can get 14K in about two minutes in any 55 zone.

So pretty much, this is a way to save a moderate amount of credits to do something that is essentially already possible?

http://www.vineroulette.com/v/I-Expect-nothing-and-I%27m-still-let-down-Dewey-StoryOfMyLife-h23LKuppEMv

It wasn't ever advertised as anything different... It's no different than the costume thing in any other MMO (GW2, for example), so I don't see why people are so upset or disappointed. The only reason you could be is if you ignored what was released about it or simply fantasized some other system.

And people thought the CSM was an economy breaker lmao

Right now I'm sitting on about 10 of a VERY popular helmet, last look there was one (not mine) on the GTN for 500,000 credits. (just looked, they're down to 100k) Not available in a cartel pack, not craftable in an adaptable version, pretty rare drop, in high demand. And those will be worth ZERO credits when anyone can equip the junk craftable version.

Edited by okimbored
price correction

And people thought the CSM was an economy breaker lmao

Right now I'm sitting on about 10 of a VERY popular helmet, last look there was one (not mine) on the GTN for 500,000 credits. Not available in a cartel pack, not craftable in an adaptable version, rare drop, in high demand. And those will be worth ZERO credits when anyone can equip the junk craftable version.

Change of supply/demand =\= killed economy

Pretty much, but this is a win/win situation if I've ever seen one. People get appearance slots for free, and charging cc for additional ones beyond this is absolutely fair game IMO.

Indeed, I completely agree. The credit cost of them is really fine. So whatever reason was behind Bioware's decision we all benefit from it anyway.

For those of you that want this, I'm honestly glad you got it. I played w/ the appearance designer in Wildstar for the ~month I played that and it was interesting.

I wonder though, after reading through this thread - do you folks really change outfits that often? Why? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I just don't see the point of constantly swapping your armor.

Then again, I've had the set of 512 Cybernetic armor on my (Cyborg) Operative for 2 years, so admittedly, I'm probably not the target audience for this feature.

I was wondering....

Anyone know about Augments kits?

I thought of this as a way to just equip whatever gear you loot in operations without having to swap mods while having your appearance in a different tab.

But if augments are still attached to the actual equipped gear... It will still be cheaper to swap mods (33k ish) than to add a kit to each new piece you get. Only way this would work then is if the augments are attached to lm the first apparence tab, or to the slot... but I highly doubt that.

So I'm realising this is really just about having several outfits. Gread for leveling... but once you put the augment slots...

For those of you that want this, I'm honestly glad you got it. I played w/ the appearance designer in Wildstar for the ~month I played that and it was interesting.

I wonder though, after reading through this thread - do you folks really change outfits that often? Why? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I just don't see the point of constantly swapping your armor.

Then again, I've had the set of 512 Cybernetic armor on my (Cyborg) Operative for 2 years, so admittedly, I'm probably not the target audience for this feature.

The simple answer is absolutely not. It was too time and cost prohibitive to do so. If you want to change a look now, you have to unslot all mods and augments on your current gear, which costs credits. Then, to add them to the new gear, you have to go piece by piece to add all the mods in. You're likely going to have to re-augment as well, which means you're going to have to either craft or buy augment kits, and then the credit cost to add augments to new look. That's an absurd amount of credits and time just to switch a look if you're in a different mood or rp.

Don't forget about all the lower level green and blue gear. There's a synthweaving set that I have absolutely loved since the game launched. Entropic defense or something or other. It looks just like Revan's Foundry look, but it's black and purple, or you can get it in all black. But it's a lvl 49 green outfit that I could never wear because it destroys my stats. Now, I can finally have that look that I've wanted since I got my first character to 50, and not have to worry about gimping my character.

Some people will have different looks for different activities. I know I plan on using the Valiant Jedi set on my sentinel when she's out and about doing cutting things with her lightsabers, but then I have the Temple Guardian set for hanging around Coruscant and my Stronghold. This feature has been a looooooooong time coming, and will be a welcome addition for many people I'm sure.

I was wondering....

Anyone know about Augments kits?

I thought of this as a way to just equip whatever gear you loot in operations without having to swap mods while having your appearance in a different tab.

But if augments are still attached to the actual equipped gear... It will still be cheaper to swap mods (33k ish) than to add a kit to each new piece you get. Only way this would work then is if the augments are attached to lm the first apparence tab, or to the slot... but I highly doubt that.

So I'm realising this is really just about having several outfits. Gread for leveling... but once you put the augment slots...

You don't have to switch augments. All your stats are supplied by the "set" you are using on the main character sheet. The costume tabs only change the appearance of what you're wearing. You don't even need augments until you get to lvl 60 anyways.

You don't have to switch augments. All your stats are supplied by the "set" you are using on the main character sheet. The costume tabs only change the appearance of what you're wearing. You don't even need augments until you get to lvl 60 anyways.

Yeah I got that!

What I mean is... Let's say you got a 192 helmet to replace your 186. Currently if you care about the look of your toon, you extract the 192 mods from the gear and put it into your adaptive armor....

With the outfit designer you could just swap the helmet not worry about the look of it. But if you've got augments slots on it, you still have to keep your main adaptive armor and put the 192 mods into it.

So in any case you still have to pay the 33k ish for each piece of gear you want to change.

Dunno if I explain this right... my English might be rusty after all.

Unfortunately, yes.

Although swapping an augment may still be cheaper than swapping 3 mods...

Nope it's not.

3 mods = 33k ish

Augment slot = Augment kit (even if you are crafting) + take out the augment + 42k to install the kit. That's between 80 to 100k.

Installing the kit alone cost more than swapping mods.

Very disappointed.

No hood toggle.

Removing 186 and 192 mods cost around 11k per mod and that would be around 33k for one piece and then add in the cost of the augments, purchasing them (if you can't make them) and then the kits (if you can't make them) and then installing the kits to each piece of armor.

14k per slot is no where as expensive as removing mods, buying the kits, installing them and then having to purchase the augments all over again. Even though I make the kits and augments this is still a bit cheaper for me due to the cost of the mods at the higher levels.

This is something that no everyone may use but I think it is nice. There are things they add that I don't like (pvp stuff for instance) but I know what I like doesn't always mean someone else will.

For some roleplayers this will be nice especially if they are interested in using specific outfits for specific planets. On Hoth we can now use cold weather outfits instead of using our normal outfits.

Yes I know it's not a big deal to some people but for others it is.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Nope it's not.

3 mods = 33k ish

Augment slot = Augment kit (even if you are crafting) + take out the augment + 42k to install the kit. That's between 80 to 100k.

Installing the kit alone cost more than swapping mods.

Ah, yes, true. But it's a one-time cost, instead of swapping things all the time every time you wanted to change your appearance, which is what we have to do now.

If I get a better piece of gear, I'm okay with paying a little cash to swap that.

I don't see it happening very often anway.

Endgame gear doesn't change much, and leveling gear has no need for augments.

So with this Outfit Designer does that mean we could use the look of say any Blue Item, and the stats of end game Purple Gear? From the looks of the video he was using the looks of Adaptive Gear and the stats of purple stuff. So essentially does this mean I can use the looks of any gear my character can equip, while using the end game stats of whatever is the best available gear?

So with this Outfit Designer does that mean we could use the look of say any Blue Item, and the stats of end game Purple Gear? From the looks of the video he was using the looks of Adaptive Gear and the stats of purple stuff. So essentially does this mean I can use the looks of any gear my character can equip, while using the end game stats of whatever is the best available gear?

Yes you can. You can use green, blue or even adaptable armor. Just the green and blue has to be the armor your character can equip (light/medium/heavy armor restrictions)

Exactly. Synthweaving has a green lvl 49 set called Entropic Defense or something for Light Armor that looks like Revan's Foundry set, only black and purple. I've loved this set since the beginning of the game. Always wanted to wear it. Now, I can, and it doesn't affect my stats.

It does what it's supposed to do well.

Shame it doesn't do more. By that I mostly mean allow 2PvE and 1PvE gear set's in addition to outfits.

If this were more akin to the armory system in DCUO, the only sound I would be making is "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Can you design outfits for companions as well? It would be nice to see their default iconic armor without sacrificing stats. Though, a better solution would be to make default companion armor adaptable from cartel market packs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.