Minor Plasmatech/Pyro buffs incoming

TACeMossie

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=802826

Vanguard:

Pulse Generator now stops at 2 stacks, end result is 40% damage boost, 90% slow.

Technically down from 45%, but you were almost never reaching 3 stacks anyway.

Rain of fire redesigned (Again!)

Kinetic/energy damage increased by 5% to burning targets. Also DoT spread (finally!) on incendiary round via pulse cannon

Powertech

to avoid redundancy, here's some names

Superheated Flamethrower = pulse generator

flamethrower = pulse cannon

Incendiary round = incendiary missile

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=802826

Vanguard:

Pulse Generator now stops at 2 stacks, end result is 40% damage boost, 90% slow.

Technically down from 45%, but you were almost never reaching 3 stacks anyway.

Rain of fire redesigned (Again!)

Kinetic/energy damage increased by 5% to burning targets. Also DoT spread (finally!) on incendiary round via pulse cannon

Powertech

to avoid redundancy, here's some names

Superheated Flamethrower = pulse generator

flamethrower = pulse cannon

Incendiary round = incendiary missile

I dont know how will it be for PvE but the dots will refund the loss of Superheated dmg in PvP.

Have you done any parses on the PTS?

It would be interesting to see how much a buff this is. Especially for a non numbers cruncher like myself :p

Its not gonna be that big, but i'm DLing the PTS now. Current predictions are a 20dps increase on a 4.5k parse. Which is pathetic. But still...

Honestly, all this can be fixed easily enough without all the hubbub. Restore Flame Barrage on the PTS to pre 3.1.1, then tweak the damage of abilites until they find a nice place where they want them to be. Of course, fix the Pyro set bug. With the dot spreading and slowing of target to 90% seems like BW is content to just try to make this spec a pvp spec. (and with the lack of Defensive Cooldowns not even great at that) Outside of mobs there is no need for dot spreading in Boss fights at all.

Looks like unless something magical happens, it will still just be the spec I run in between boss battles for mob mop up.

Honestly, all this can be fixed easily enough without all the hubbub. Restore Flame Barrage on the PTS to pre 3.1.1, then tweak the damage of abilites until they find a nice place where they want them to be. Of course, fix the Pyro set bug. With the dot spreading and slowing of target to 90% seems like BW is content to just try to make this spec a pvp spec. (and with the lack of Defensive Cooldowns not even great at that) Outside of mobs there is no need for dot spreading in Boss fights at all.

Looks like unless something magical happens, it will still just be the spec I run in between boss battles for mob mop up.

On the bright side, it will actually work on Sparky + Revanite Commanders again.

Well I am pleased to see that we are Finally getting a DoT Spread I think I might be tempted to log over to the PTS and try these changes and see if the rotation is more compelling unlike current Live

very interested to see what peoples Parses are like and numbers assuming the rotation is going to be different again if there is only 2 stacks of Pulse Generator now

Well I am pleased to see that we are Finally getting a DoT Spread I think I might be tempted to log over to the PTS and try these changes and see if the rotation is more compelling unlike current Live

very interested to see what peoples Parses are like and numbers assuming the rotation is going to be different again if there is only 2 stacks of Pulse Generator now

Hey, I was already stopping at 2 stacks anyway...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.