Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Patch 3.11 and HM FP loot

Can someone confirm, this confused me for a while, but is this how it goes ?:

Mk-2 corresponds to the stat distribution of the gear, not the level (ie 192).

Mk-1 is pretty much comm gear and is endurance and main stat heavy.

Mk-2 is heavy on secondary stats like alacrity, crit, absorption, etc

In general mk-2 is more desirable, even to the point where an mk-2 192 piece can be better than an mk-1 198 piece.

There may be exceptions, particularly with tanks, as some advocate heavier endurance than previously.

Can someone confirm, this confused me for a while, but is this how it goes ?:

Mk-2 corresponds to the stat distribution of the gear, not the level (ie 192).

Mk-1 is pretty much comm gear and is endurance and main stat heavy.

Mk-2 is heavy on secondary stats like alacrity, crit, absorption, etc

In general mk-2 is more desirable, even to the point where an mk-2 192 piece can be better than an mk-1 198 piece.

There may be exceptions, particularly with tanks, as some advocate heavier endurance than previously.

You're correct. What this means is that the HM FPs drops BiS 192 gear since the patch - gearing up is no longer restricted only to lockouts. Spam them FPs :)

You're correct. What this means is that the HM FPs drops BiS 192 gear since the patch - gearing up is no longer restricted only to lockouts. Spam them FPs :)

Not exactly true. In 3.0, Mk-2 has the poor mod but the good enhancement. Ive only seen the belt and bracers drop so it's like exactly before. :(

Not exactly true. In 3.0, Mk-2 has the poor mod but the good enhancement. Ive only seen the belt and bracers drop so it's like exactly before. :(

I should have specified: you could not get BiS 192 enhancements pre this patch. So its most definitely better than before. Could have clarified its enhancements only, but then again thats the most important part of the BiS'ing process because the return is better than bising mods. Always something, I'll take what I can get!

Edited by AdamLKvist

Never said anything about particular pieces, you could not get BiS 192 enhancements pre this patch. So its most definitely better than before. Could have clarified its enhancements only, but then again thats the most important part of the BiS'ing process because the return is better than bising mods

True but it's not BiS gear as you stated above. The mod is lettered and same as comm one. The DPS and Heals Enhancement is BiS. Tank enhancement is mid (Bastion etc). I was pointed out that I've only seen the belt and bracers drop in HM FPs so far, others might have difference. But the thing is a Mk-2 Belt and Bracer has the same stats as the comm Mk-1

True but it's not BiS gear as you stated above. The mod is lettered and same as comm one. The DPS and Heals Enhancement is BiS. Tank enhancement is mid (Bastion etc). I was pointed out that I've only seen the belt and bracers drop in HM FPs so far, others might have difference. But the thing is a Mk-2 Belt and Bracer has the same stats as the comm Mk-1

Depends which one you run I think?

Heads and offhands drop in abundance in korriban incursion. BiS enhancements* for dps and heal, yes. BiS for tanks is easy to get so thats a non issue.

Depends which one you run I think?

Heads and offhands drop in abundance in korriban incursion. BiS enhancements* for dps and heal, yes. BiS for tanks is easy to get so thats a non issue.

Ah interesting... It was 3 Tython Runs I did btw with Belt for Bonus and Bracers for Last Boss. What drops could be fixed for the FP. Belt and Bracers Tyrhon and Head and Offhand for Korriban. Interesting will have to run more to verify this

Edited by FerkWork

Ah interesting... It was 3 Tython Runs I did btw with Belt for Bonus and Bracers for Last Boss. What drops could be fixed for the FP. Belt and Bracers Tyrhon and Head and Offhand for Korriban. Interesting will have to run more to verify this

Boots in legacy of rakata, got a power accuracy drop :)

Korriban Incursion: Crit+Accuracy, Power+Alacrity, Power+Surge

Legacy of Rakata: Power+Accuraccy

Do note I've ran about 12ish since patch (Korriban incursion) and have not seen power+accuracy in that FP, first drop in legacy of rakata was power+accuraccy (bonus boss, EDIT: Got power+accuraccy from the last boss as well, massassi force-lord's mk-2 boots)

Might be random ,of course. Too soon to tell, take it for what you will

Edited by AdamLKvist

True but it's not BiS gear as you stated above. The mod is lettered and same as comm one. The DPS and Heals Enhancement is BiS. Tank enhancement is mid (Bastion etc).

BiS for tanks would be Immunity or Sturdiness enhancements. If MK-2s don't have those, this change is worthless for tanks.

BiS for tanks is easy to get so thats a non issue.

Why would it be easier for tanks to get BiS compared to DPS/healers? If anything it's harder since the stat balance in comm enhancements is worse for tanks than it is for dps/healers. The only reliable way to get good enhancements as a tank is from token drops in operations or to buy crafted ones.

Boots in legacy of rakata, got a power accuracy drop :)

Korriban Incursion: Crit+Accuracy, Power+Alacrity, Power+Surge

Legacy of Rakata: Power+Accuraccy

Do note I've ran about 12ish since patch (Korriban incursion) and have not seen power+accuracy in that FP, first drop in legacy of rakata was power+accuraccy (bonus boss, EDIT: Got power+accuraccy from the last boss as well, massassi force-lord's mk-2 boots)

Might be random ,of course. Too soon to tell, take it for what you will

I got to helmets to drop on Korriban

Going to see what Manaan drops tomorrow.

BiS for tanks would be Immunity or Sturdiness enhancements. If MK-2s don't have those, this change is worthless for tanks.

I never said they were BiS but a midway. While true, due to the way fights are in the HMs requiring large stat pools you can use 1-2 of them for building HP pools if you feel like the B Mods aren't enough. Trade off is alright but not complete garbage.

I just want them to fix the Force Lord Mk-2 Implants. 134 Willpower :eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.