Insulting Devs...

Ardarell_Solo

So still nothing new for 3.2. just some fluff stuff for Concentration....it seems they ignore any feedback from the paying customers who main a Sent it seems. So what do you wise progression raiders say we should do?

Well I am not wise and only 6/10 HM maining my Marauder but, after a small bad patch where I felt no hope at all I am back to enjoying the game. I feel that the relatively weak changes we got in 3.1.1 were a step in the right direction which has given me hope that future changes, be they continued buffs to Mara/Sents or the slew of nerfs ahead for a lot of other ACs in the game, will be delivered albeit at a slow and painful pace and bring us closer to the promised balance 3.0 was supposed to bring.

All I can advise is that the game is big and the options are many so the best bet is to experiment. Firstly I tried running different disciplines, utilities builds, and gear compositions out on my Mara for PvP and PvE which, in itself was fun. I geared up my Vengeance Jugg so as to have a different option to bring to HM raids with my group and am currently doing the same with a Sorc and Sintank. (My tanking needs a lot of work but SM isn't too bad lol)

Experimentation. For both PvP and progression raiding is pretty much all we can do in the meantime as we wait and see what changes will be made towards making every AC and every spec viable for all endgame content.

I will always main my Mara no matter what and want the best possible outcome for this class in particular but I've enjoyed playing around with some of the different ACs in the game and will continue to try and build up my repertoire of viable endgame toons for all the game's content.

That and continue screaming for the changes I think will address the issues that the Mara/Sent community face in the current state of the game :D

During the hosted Stream from Zorz:

"Their is no argument to bring a Sent into a Raid"

or

"Sents in hardmode....*snicker*...not gonna happen"

Well they should believe the Top World Raidguild at least.

Concerning experimenting: well yeah still doesn´t change the fact: SENTS ARE IN NO WAY A VIABLE OPTION

Edited by Atlanis

During the hosted Stream from Zorz:

"Their is no argument to bring a Sent into a Raid"

or

"Sents in hardmode....*snicker*...not gonna happen"

Well they should believe the Top World Raidguild at least.

Concerning experimenting: well yeah still doesn´t change the fact: SENTS ARE IN NO WAY A VIABLE OPTION

When you're part of the guild who's primary concern is to clear the hardest content faster than everyone else of course you're going to take the 8 man ops group that makes the most sense in terms of making that task as easy as possible. You're also going to have enough players with enough alts to be able to test most possible combinations and eliminate the ACs and specs that are underperforming quite early. Why then would you go back and clear the content on the ACs you eliminated from consideration in the race for a world first other than for the challenge/fun? This content is hard for mdps and very hard for Mara/Sent but there are plenty that are 9/10 working on clearing Revan right now so to claim the AC is not viable for the current HM content is not quite correct. Maybe the guys in Zorz just aren't good enough at playing Marauder to make it happen as quickly and as smoothly as they'd like.

When you're part of the guild who's primary concern is to clear the hardest content faster than everyone else of course you're going to take the 8 man ops group that makes the most sense in terms of making that task as easy as possible. You're also going to have enough players with enough alts to be able to test most possible combinations and eliminate the ACs and specs that are underperforming quite early. Why then would you go back and clear the content on the ACs you eliminated from consideration in the race for a world first other than for the challenge/fun? This content is hard for mdps and very hard for Mara/Sent but there are plenty that are 9/10 working on clearing Revan right now so to claim the AC is not viable for the current HM content is not quite correct. Maybe the guys in Zorz just aren't good enough at playing Marauder to make it happen as quickly and as smoothly as they'd like.

Ahem I don´t think so. Well I no only of one guild who still tolerates Sents on our server. Then Sent is over the board not viable and not a fun option to choose for the majority of the former Sentinelplayerbase. You can´t argue otherwise as you are in the wrong.

I see a reason to bring one and only one sentinel/marauder - inspiration/bloodthirst. Since unlike in days of yore where you wanted 1 per group it affects the whole raid and can't chain them, and they personally underperform there's no reason to bring more than 1, but inspiration/bloodthirst should improve everyone else enough to compensate for their shortcomings and then some.

In a warzone today, I had a normally very good marauder player ask to take over guarding a node for me. I asked why, and she responded that the abilities that allow her to stay up in a large furball are on a 3 minute cooldown.

Playing mara myself lately, I totally understand what she meant.

In a warzone today, I had a normally very good marauder player ask to take over guarding a node for me. I asked why, and she responded that the abilities that allow her to stay up in a large furball are on a 3 minute cooldown.

Since 3.1.1 mara/sent has overtaken sniper on ranked leaderboard and gained some ground on jugg... Still a little uncompetitive but good players are proving the class viable in PvP

Ahem I don´t think so. Well I no only of one guild who still tolerates Sents on our server. Then Sent is over the board not viable and not a fun option to choose for the majority of the former Sentinelplayerbase. You can´t argue otherwise as you are in the wrong.

Well 7/10 HM for mara/sent is fact. Perhaps Revan HM and last 2 bosses of Rav HM are undoable but I'm not so sure if the player is good, geared BiS and in the right group. Time will tell for sure but I'm still trying to clear all the content on my mara. It does help having better performing classes to switch out to tho

:S Marauders are the worst class in the game for node guarding. Leaving a marauder to guard is a really great way to lose your node. Any stealth can just sap cap -instant ww or flashbang + cap and their done.

:S Marauders are the worst class in the game for node guarding. Leaving a marauder to guard is a really great way to lose your node. Any stealth can just sap cap -instant ww or flashbang + cap and their done.

That's why I asked why. We were losing badly anyways though, and I welcomed the chance to leave (actually stealth capped the other node since I was assassin at the time! ).

But I play mara too, so completely understand her frustration. I'd rather (often) suicide nodes with one or two guards and hope to last long enough to draw some of the enemy over there than deal with all the CC as a tissue paper mara in a huge scrum.

Edited by Svarthrafn

Well 7/10 HM for mara/sent is fact. Perhaps Revan HM and last 2 bosses of Rav HM are undoable but I'm not so sure if the player is good, geared BiS and in the right group. Time will tell for sure but I'm still trying to clear all the content on my mara. It does help having better performing classes to switch out to tho

I have done 8/10 with my Mara. We don´t try Corantani because we think that the Mainhand will bring more Benefit than the Chest. But i can say that the first Phase at Revan is from the design of the Ops a realy big punishment for the rest of the group if you are there at a Mara/Sent. (Maybe with every Melee)

You don´t have any uptime at the target.

- Personal debuff.

- The 2 Lightsabers

- The yellow Line

- Maybe a false red circle from the Tank.

Maybe the other Phases will be better but i desidet to play a range only for this fight. Even i don´t have any experience as a ranged player i can pull there far better numbers than on my Mara that i can play Blind in every Spec.