Rishi spaceport...

Alec_Fortescue

Yeah, I had it as well. And I thought that this was rather a graphics glitch ...

Because this is how areas look like when they aren't finished at leading - for me. I use an ATI-based graphics card, by the way (HD 7850 based, still having Windows XP).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I use an Nvida card, and the graphics are glitching out the same way as ATI.

Also, equipped weapons are disappearing from my hands when in different spots in the map, and not in others.

This is a server side issue due to a problem with the last update or maybe when they applied the patch, it was accidently applied to a bad file save. Just a guess.

Edited by ShakaeYerbouti

I ran into this myself over the weekend. We'll take a look and see what has happened to that area.

Yea it's weird, maybe it can be discussed as part of that Live stream you where supposed to do to replace the Cantina event you cancelled. I think something was said about aiming for a Week after PaX east.

oh it happens to me....

i just passed at his glitch..... thought maybe it is my slow drive that didn't loaded the textures

it happens to me on the fleet when i first time log in to the are i have to wait till all utility objects appear and players .. so

oh it happens to me....

i just passed at his glitch..... thought maybe it is my slow drive that didn't loaded the textures

it happens to me on the fleet when i first time log in to the are i have to wait till all utility objects appear and players .. so

I had exactly the same impression ... Until I learned that this is a bug ...

I ran into this myself over the weekend. We'll take a look and see what has happened to that area.

This is very disturbing that you patched on Thursday and then do not play the game for at least 2 days. I really want to help you guys out, where do I send my resume. I have no idea what goes on but sadly we are getting the feeling that most of your team doesn't have a clue either, so I should fit right in. Tait one last question before I get banned for a few days because of my comments but I need to know were you playing a BH or a Commando?

Edited by Lost-Savage-XIII

I encountered this while playing yesterday. I also stumbled on a workaround:

Change your Shadow Quality setting. I switched mine from Off to High, clicked OK, waited for the loading screen to clear, and everything magically appeared (with the "keep/revert" option box in the middle of the screen, so I kept it, because it was "fixed").

Switching back to Off, or to Low, did not undo the "fix", either. Also, I checked again jsut now, and if you switch it, then choose "revert" (to go back to your original setting) instead of "keep", the missing textures still stay. Haven't tried with changing any other graphics settings, but it's it seems likely to me that any of them that force the game to completely re-render the environment will do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...
This still hasn't been fixed? Seriously?

I know what you mean!

I just assumed that this would be fixed in the next point release, so was rather surprised to find it haden't been as of Tuesday's patch.

It may not be game stopping - but people seeing something as massively bugged as this - that shouldn't happen!

Sadly the glitch has replicated itself across to different instances and locations. Belsavis and Voss are experiencing this as well, but it seems to be camera angle related. Same with Rishi but Yavin is doing okay though, Maelstrom Prison and Foundry were experiencing the odd NPC disappearing and fall through the floor technique.

Not only that, the Operations like Ravagers second boss that the blue circles were not appearing correctly.

And the problem is occurring on both Radeon and Nvida cards, and sadly when I bought the GTX Titan X the other day and run into SWTOR seeing it like in this state. I know its not the video card and its drivers, I'm going to be raising its either something to do with the coding/programing and design on the server side that has implicated on this frontier.

Edited by Satelerevan

It's 4/13/15 and this still hasn't been fixed?

Rishi Dock Bug

I swear I think it's actually getting worse. I remember when it was just the bridge, but now?!?!?! Its the bridge, dock, some buildings. Come on Bioware. Get your priorities straight.

In all honesty, if you can't fix this then you should postpone the Appearance Designer until you can.

Edited by Banthabreeder

In all honesty, if you can't fix this then you should postpone the Appearance Designer until you can.

Yes, they should postpone a totally unrelated and mostly completed system made by people that would never have anything to do with World Design because of the Rishi Dock bug. :rolleyes:

Yes, they should postpone a totally unrelated and mostly completed system made by people that would never have anything to do with World Design because of the Rishi Dock bug. :rolleyes:

My reasoning behind them postponing anything new is they can't seem to get a handle of keeping what they got working properly. How many new bugs have been implemented due to their lack of proper testing? Every time they release a patch, sure it fixes a few thing but ends up breaking other things. Do you think the Rishi Dock bug was introduced cause they added say, a new npc to that dock, or perhaps they added some new missions to the region? No. The bug came after they released 3.1.1 which had completely unrelated material. So yeah, go ahead a release the Costume Designer patch and lets place bets on what next will be broken.

Sadly the glitch has replicated itself across to different instances and locations. Belsavis and Voss are experiencing this as well, but it seems to be camera angle related. Same with Rishi but Yavin is doing okay though, Maelstrom Prison and Foundry were experiencing the odd NPC disappearing and fall through the floor technique.

Not only that, the Operations like Ravagers second boss that the blue circles were not appearing correctly.

And the problem is occurring on both Radeon and Nvida cards, and sadly when I bought the GTX Titan X the other day and run into SWTOR seeing it like in this state. I know its not the video card and its drivers, I'm going to be raising its either something to do with the coding/programing and design on the server side that has implicated on this frontier.

What parts of Belsavis and Voss? I'd like to check it out myself. Thanks.