Rishi spaceport...

Alec_Fortescue

after last patch upon arriving on rishi via spaceship / legacy travel / loading game in that location this is how it looks.

The objects are appearing once plaayer reaches the first fast travel point further ahead when Bottlelegger Market location name appears.

http://i.imgur.com/PPryNm1.jpg

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

After phasing into Rishi via guildship and flying in, the entrance is completely missing its textures. The dock and floors are gone, though the collision works fine. You can walk, run, and ride past it. Once you go past the missing area, it reappears.

Asking on gen chat revealed that I'm not the only one that saw it.

Non streaming repair is on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

if multiple people are seeing the same thing unlikely to help, but if you get missing textures that is how to do a repair

It is not so much a missing texture problem, it is a problem that the ground belongs to a different room than the rest of the environment. This has been occurring ever since the SWTOR beta and is due to how the HeroEngine works. There are tons of places in-game where if you rotate the camera in a certain angle, the whole environment will become invisible, you can see through the world and view the skybox but the collision detection is still active. Except that in this case, it doesn't matter how you turn the camera, the ground will always stay invisible.

They just need to place the ground back into the correct room and it will work again. Not sure why changing shadows would fix it, gonna test it but I believe this can only be fixed by a patch.

Edited by Jerba

I've tested it in game and can confirm this bug. It always occurs as soon as you enter this area, either by loading into this position directly (exiting a stronghold or PvP match) or by travelling from another region on the planet to the docks.

There are currently two workarounds for this bug:

• Once a player character changes the room (e.g. by walking from the market to the pier), the floor will show up
  • Once the 3D scene is reloaded (e.g. by changing the graphics settings), the floor will show up

Any of those workarounds will temporarily fix the bug as long as you stay in the docks. As soon as you leave the planet and return, it will be missing again.

This is a slighty different issue from previous disappearing environment bugs, but it's definitely not a missing material.

Edited by Jerba

after last patch upon arriving on rishi via spaceship / legacy travel / loading game in that location this is how it looks.

The objects are appearing once player reaches the first fast travel point further ahead when Bottlelegger Market location name appears.

http://i.imgur.com/PPryNm1.jpg

Oh good I was about to report this myself... Definitely a widespread issue across multiple players (or everyone?).

After not having been to Rishi for a few weeks, I went back there this weekend. I ended up with the same disturbing experience of the bridge from the spaceport to Raider's Cove being there physically but not visually. It only appeared after I had well and truly crossed it. Running repair hasn't fixed this.