The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Recent changes to Vanguard/PT | Plasmatech/Pyro specs

GhostMirrorrr

just been messing around with Plasmatech doing some dummie testing of how it plays and with the changes that have occurred in the spec with today's 3.1.1 the proc of Plasma Barrage/Flame Barrage (with the proc no longer applying to HiB giving you that free Ion Pulse/Flame Burst) makes energy management very horrible forcing you to use 2 - 3 lower fillers

And in my opinion for me it feels the spec doesn't flow right anymore

would love to hear other peoples opinions and views on the changes feel free to express your concern

Spec plays awfully.

The stealth nerf to plasma barrage makes the rotation clunky especially if you are trying to AOE.

Was pulling around 5K on average before the patch now pulling about 4700 or so.

Edited by DeedeeSu

Feels really clunky now. Going to try shifting a couple of keybinds around to see if it flows better, currently have hammershots in my secondary skills section but now I'm going to have to put it somewhere easier to reach.

Don't like that not only do they reduce the damage of abilities they also reduce how often you can uses them.

Shoulder cannon feels like slow motion now and its a pain having to spend 4 GCDS pressing 2 abilities at once to empty a rack.

I'll give it a few days to get used to it but first impressions are not good.

I'm not entirely sure this is what was intended for the spec its self to feel clunky and out of proportion in terms of Energy Management you cant line up your Flamethrower/Pulse Cannon stacks properly anymore

Not to mention it is a 350 - 400 DPS loss in terms of the rotation with the energy being even harder to manage.

At the moment it feels like Tactics/AP is the only way to go in terms of DPS unless things get tweeked

It's definitely not a 350-400dps loss.

Probably more like 200-300.

Still very significant but not that bad.

Spec will still be used on Commanders and maybe Torque.

Hey, I did both of those fights in Tactics last night to get used to the effects of the nerf. Tactics does surprisingly well in both fights, and now it has better resource management for both fights

Well, Pyro is pretty much dead now. Worse defensives, abysmal damage, horrible heat management, way too static for the new operations and worst of all you can't even play it for fun anymore because of the ****ed rotation. The devs might take the specc out of the game entirely.

I never gave much attention for many of the posts blaming the devs, but this really makes you wonder if they have any clue what they are doing.

So much for melee classes doing more damage, let alone dot / sustained damage speccs. Pyro is now one the worse damage speccs. I guess the new operations where just too melee friendly and Pyro neede a big nerf.:rolleyes:

Edited by Sotty

Define surprisingly well.

I've done over 4K on HM commanders in Pyro and over 4.6K on HM Torque.

With the fix to Volatile Igniter spec, Pyro should still perform better on those fights.

3.4k and 3.9k respectively

To be fair though, the other DPS's were 2x TK Sage + 1 VG (plasmatech for Rev Commanders, Tactics for Torque), so at least in the instance of commanders I was providing the only sundered debuff and the amount of AoE going out made the fight go by incredibly fast

Plus we beat enrage on rev commanders by a minute instead of killing them at enrage. It helps to not have to deal with AoE damage reduction on Kurse.

Torque though...I just massively screwed up resource management

Edited by TACeMossie

Maybe BioWare want us to use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shoots more often (in Plasmatech/Pyro) all in all I don't see why the rotation had to change in the first place Shoulder Cannon nerf was expected I can understand the grounds that comes from as before 3.0 it used to be 1.5 activation its just something to get used to again

Well, I do not know if it's the almost min/maxed pvp gear capping or the changes but now Pyro is much better in PvP. I think 2 min Adrenaline Rush cd was positive.

Some more changes are required but I think the underrated Pyro in PvP has more to do with the overpowered AP. And, noone's zerging me in Arenas. Pyro hasn't that much burst to bother.

Edited by Aetideus

Well, I do not know if it's the almost min/maxed pvp gear capping or the changes but now Pyro is much better in PvP. I think 2 min Adrenaline Rush cd was positive.

Some more changes are required but I think the underrated Pyro in PvP has more to do with the overpowered AP. And, noone's zerging me in Arenas. Pyro hasn't that much burst to bother.

Plot twist. The pyro nerf was to make it more viable in ranked :p

Plot twist. The pyro nerf was to make it more viable in ranked :p

Just stating my experience. I got the +25% dmg flame sweep bonus and has proper crits, Volatile Igniter spreads. Adrenaline Rush 2m cd is a good buff.

As I stated, AP is focused in Arenas due to its burst. Flame fist root is great also.

Edited by Aetideus