Should Bioware charge the same as other mmorpgs?

rushx

i like this game but it doesn't really feel like a mmorpg .

I don't think it should have the same price as games like Rift, Aion , Wow etc

The servers just don't hold enough players at a time and because you have instances it basicly halves the chance of world pvp.

Im lvl 31 and i have seen only 1 enemy player in the world so far and i was looking everywhere lol

im on tomb of freedon nadd server and even though its the most full server i don't think its that many people on it , yet servers have 1 hour queues still :(

as a MMOrpg fan i don't think im really getting my moneys worth because the massive in mmorpg is missing.

ill give it a chance though

when i look at the top left and it shows how many people are playing it should say 500+ not 80-100 each instance

Edited by rushx

i like this game but it doesn't really feel like a mmorpg .

I don't think it should have the same price as games like Rift, Aion , Wow etc

The servers just don't hold enough players at a time and because you have instances it basicly halves the chance of world pvp.

Im lvl 31 and i have seen only 1 enemy player in the world so far and i was looking everywhere lol

im on tomb of freedon nadd server and even though its the most full server i don't think its that many people on it , yet servers have 1 hour queues still :(

as a MMOrpg fan i don't think im really getting my moneys worth because the massive in mmorpg is missing.

ill give it a chance though

Yes they should.

Yes the servers do hold enough players. They shard the servers in order to lessen the lag and make questing more accessible.

Ohlookitsthisthreadagain.

The plural of money is monies, by the way, not moneys.

You're playing Sith aren't you? Sith seems to be WAY more populated than Republic. As a Republic player on a full server I see at the very least 10 Sith on every planet, some I fight, some I cower inside the group phase/consular phase I'm near but I definitely do run into them. Edited by ckoneful

its not a mmorpg, just a console style rpg game that you can play on your pc. Better off getting a console and a new rpg game and play. Wont cost you as much.......

Ok blizzard give me my check!

i was being funny, though in a way it feels like that :t_rolleyes:

Yes they should.

Yes the servers do hold enough players. They shard the servers in order to lessen the lag and make questing more accessible.

Ohlookitsthisthreadagain.

The plural of money is monies, by the way, not moneys.

the servers are too small

i dont think its a cap issue more of a game design

No. They aren't. If they had everyone on the same shard, people would be standing around forever going for the quest mobs and quest objectives. Trust me on this, it was absolutely terrible when they opened the floodgates during beta weekends and they only had one instance per planet.

You're playing Sith aren't you? Sith seems to be WAY more populated than Republic. As a Republic player on a full server I see at the very least 10 Sith on every planet, some I fight, some I cower inside the group phase/consular phase I'm near but I definitely do run into them.

yeah lol im a bounty hunter :p

im hoping once everyone is 50 it will get better if not then its not the end of the world.

Theres no good mmorpgs comming out for a while so i guess ill quit them for a few years :p

Unless you count terra online or gw2 but they not my type of game :p

No. They aren't. If they had everyone on the same shard, people would be standing around forever going for the quest mobs and quest objectives. Trust me on this, it was absolutely terrible when they opened the floodgates during beta weekends and they only had one instance per planet.

i would rather this then the servers be dead, and anyway half the quests are in instances so what difference would it make lol

It's definitely a cap issue when I can go to every planet and see this with no extra shards:

Tython(70)

Coruscant(70)

Taris(40)

Nar Shaddaa(30)

Tatooine(20)

Alderaan(15)

Balmorra(15)

Quesh(5)

Hoth(15)

All after waiting in a 10 minute queue.

So that's 280 people 1-40 or so on Republic, so we add 60% for sith and we get 700 players on a FULL server for levels 1-40.

I'm assuming the server caps are like 1000 people.

Do not take these numbers as 100% truth, it's a random compilation from going to every planet after waiting in a queue, there could be more sith, and I did not include the fleet(s)

Edited by ckoneful

i would rather this then the servers be dead, and anyway half the quests are in instances so what difference would it make lol

I prefer neither, which is what we have. The servers aren't dead. You are just imagining things or you sprinted passed the general population of your server. Eitherway, those are personal problems not game problems.

Secondly, alot of the quests are open world. You've been playing this game how long again?

This thread is like sticking your hand into a hornets' nest! :p

Even though I don't really get the feeling of a full fledged MMO right now, I do think it's a fair price as it's just Bioware's take on a MMO. I don't think all their decisions have been successful, but it is just as much as a MMO as Age of Conan was. [Even though there are way more instances and personal story instances in SWTOR].

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of people want to discuss the manner in which game areas are divided into phases at the moment and to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will also help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation.

You may also want to take a look at this thread that includes a link to an interview mentioning the technique and our approach.

We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on in either of those discussions!

Edited by Averran