Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ranked Huttball League

CountHenri

It's one of those random thoughts but would a Ranked Huttball League be doable?

I see it as something you can only queue for as a full team ~ original Huttball not the new fangled one & wonderfully gaudy SH decoration Trophies as the rewards...

Thoughts?

I see it as something you can only queue for as a full team ~ original Huttball not the new fangled one & wonderfully gaudy SH decoration Trophies as the rewards...

Thoughts?

Imo it's a really good idea that has been floating about for a while, but the shrinking pvp population makes cross server implementation a critical requirement for it to work. And we all know when that will happen - the 30th of February.

Edited by Yojiro

Yes yes yes 1000x yes. I love Hutt ball, it's my favorite wz in the game. It doesn't pop nearly enough (always novare or hypergate).

There should be a solo que too, because I don't even have 4 people to do ranked with, never mind 8 people.

Oh and kicking the Hutt ball should actually get you killed in this, girradda demands respect in his ranked sht.

Thoughts?

Why ranked?

Arenas barely have an active population playing them - why would you want to isolate 2 PvP maps and make it ranked-only?

I like SWTOR objective-based PvP and really wish EA would put some resources into making 1-2 new maps a year. And this is coming from someone who mostly plays PvE in this game, because of the lack of new PvP content. I used to play both.

For example, Oricon could have had a map that fought over an important device of the Dread Masters. Yavin could have had a theme of trying to gain an advantage in the galactic war, despite the alliance of convenience, by fighting over an ancient resource on the moon. The type of mechanics would be best decided by designers, obviously, but it wouldn't be difficult to come up with stories for maps that parallel the Operations that are released, as was done with Denova and Ancient Hypergate.

If EA does ever actually finance new PvP content, I'd much rather have general PvP maps than a Huttball League.

That said, I'd expect 1 map every 1-2 years, if that.

Edited by arunav

• 3 months later...

Dear Bioware,

Wednesday Ranked Huttball League

Please, pretty please, give us the ability to queue for ranked Huttball. Huttball is my favorite part of the game and I'm really, really tired of grinding through Hypergates, etc, to get 0-3 Huttball games a night.

In order to ensure sufficient population for queues, I think a good idea would be to limit it to one day a week, like Wednesday - for 24 hours, players would have the ability to solo, 4 man (and if you allow, 8 man) queue Ranked Huttball, with Bioware keeping track of wins. All players would be allowed to fully gear their toons just for Huttball - whatever classes, gear, utility points they want. If possible, at the end of the season, we would have playoffs.

I know great, fun players who would RETURN TO SWTOR if there was a Ranked Huttball League - I've already checked with them. In my guild, we would definitely have at least 8 players for Ranked Huttball, probably more.

I've been playing since beta and this is the only thing I've ever asked for. Please consider letting us queue for Huttball only - For the Republic!

Freesolo Fabulus

Freaks of Legend

The Bastion

PS I love the new Quesh arena and hope you make 10 more Huttball Arenas - how about Hoth!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.