Lacerate / Whirling Blow over Voltaic Slash / Clairvoyant Strike?

So I switched back to deception last night just to test out my dps Vs. my hatred spec to see the differences. I noticed in the top tier of the perks there is one called 'Lambaste' which increases the damage of Lacerate by %25. I thought to myself "Huh..."

So I selected it and compared VS to Lacerate.

Lacerate had approximately 250 more damage over VS in the tool tip. Now I know VS hits twice, but compared to the damage done lacerate hits harder as I tested both out in HM FPs. I was not force starved either because of the fact that Lacerate and VS share the same force cost and the fact Lacerate does proc Surging charge.(And looks cooler to use than the yoyo guy from 'Startropics'.)

Any more insight to this would be appreciated; definitely interested in hearing what others think and or may say on this.

So I switched back to deception last night just to test out my dps Vs. my hatred spec to see the differences. I noticed in the top tier of the perks there is one called 'Lambaste' which increases the damage of Lacerate by %25. I thought to myself "Huh..."

So I selected it and compared VS to Lacerate.

Lacerate had approximately 250 more damage over VS in the tool tip. Now I know VS hits twice, but compared to the damage done lacerate hits harder as I tested both out in HM FPs. I was not force starved either because of the fact that Lacerate and VS share the same force cost and the fact Lacerate does proc Surging charge.(And looks cooler to use than the yoyo guy from 'Startropics'.)

Any more insight to this would be appreciated; definitely interested in hearing what others think and or may say on this.

If you have 1 target, you Voltaic Slash. If you have 2 or more, you Lacerate. It's as simple as that.

Are you really gimping yourself on damage by not?

Yes. You really, really are.

EDIT: On my computer again, and it's roughly a 7% loss in DPS by using Lacerate in place of Voltaic Slash, if you have Lambaste. If you don't, it gets even worse.

Edited by Aelanis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.