Fashion Advice for IA

kjchan

Hi there,

This isn't quite the tactical-type line of questioning I've asked before but just wanted to get IA player opinions as to how I can get my desired look. I'm basically trying to go for any kind of "spec-ops" look. Any sort of military-tactical type gear basically. So think Navy Seals clad in all black, or the camoflage geared Rebels on Endor in Ep VI. And no I'm not 100% sold on Scalene armor, because while I like the cut, I don't like the bright blue/gold/whatever lights in the trim. Doesn't look tactical to me.

I have viewed every single Operative armor set on TOR fashions for an Imperial Agent and have come away disappointed.

So I just wanted to ask if there were any other like minded Imperial Agents out there who have achieved such a look through a combination of different pieces from different gear sets and dye kits. I'm open to anything!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Heres something I put together for mine, I think it works for your wants as well cuz I wanted the same thing lol.

Black and Black dye

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/foustthejosh/Screenshot_2015-03-04_21_10_47_089896_zpsqu6ktqsw.jpg

In black and white dye

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/foustthejosh/Screenshot_2015-03-04_21_09_24_375021_zpsf1ookm0q.jpg

If its hard to see let me know, or hover your mouse over the picture and you can hit the zoom in pop-up and it will be a clear photo also.

But basically its

Stalker's Breastplate

Satele Shans gloves

Satele shans belt

Exar Cuns greaves

Stalkers boots

You can find them in collections or gtn and try them on your toon also.

Thanks all for the advice. I do like the first poster's set up, but I agree with the 2nd poster. I previewed the vendetta in a black/grey dye and thought it looked pretty sick...however GTN prices are a little high (~1M) for what is essentially a world drop, IMO. Unless folks disagree with me on the pricing?

If I can't barter those folks down, then I will look around at the 1st poster's pics more.

Thanks!

You can try to farm your own Venderra pieces through bonus series Hoth heroics, choosing a lockbox reward and hoping for the best. Though, now the loot table is diluted by datacron decorations, so it may be harder to get.

Around 1 mil for Vendetta pieces is fair, considering the rarity.

Edited by rheia

Thanks all for the advice. I do like the first poster's set up, but I agree with the 2nd poster. I previewed the vendetta in a black/grey dye and thought it looked pretty sick...however GTN prices are a little high (~1M) for what is essentially a world drop, IMO. Unless folks disagree with me on the pricing?

If I can't barter those folks down, then I will look around at the 1st poster's pics more.

Thanks!

If its 1 million for the whole set than its not bad. The fact that its a world drop only, makes it quite rare, and it looks very good. And 1 million is really not that much.

I payed 500k only for a chest piece. I got other parts from blue lockboxes(lvl 46 I think) from the commendation vendor, but I "wasted" a lot of comms and didnt get a chest piece.

At work so can't link a screen is (will do so later) but based on what the Agent did and who he would impersonate I saw him as being more like an Operator than a "classic" spy. As such I used the helm, gloves and boots from this Nefarious Bandit and the chest and legs from Jungle Ambusher. All colored with the Black/medium brown dye.

I felt the knife in the boot fit well (I run operative) and the knee bits of the Boots when well with the shoulders of the chest piece. I liked the chest piece because it is not bulky and also has what looks to be a "softshell" back pack. The helm's microphone I thought was a nice touch.

Edited by Ghisallo

My operative has 3 sets of armor right now.

Pvp heals: full Czerka Security rep armor with black/blue dye, and kingpins blaster rifle.

Pvp DPS: Czerka executive with Shock Dispersing headgear ( earpiece looking headgear that costs around 45-60k on the GTN) with black/brown dye.

Pve heals, Scout trooper armor with Shock Dispersing headgear, and black/brown dye.

Edit: forgot my sniper: he uses a full set of Partisan Field Tech gear, with black/red dye. (Black market stuff looks similar to Partisan)

Edited by MrGoldsilver