Question about mines

Archonitek

There's a cooldown between the mine being deployed and going active, that's why it's possible to shoot them down before they can detonate.

Not sure exactly how long it is, but at least a second and not more than three seconds.

Mine travel is based on ship speed when deployed, and may be independent of the activation timer. I've never checked.

2 seconds the moment the mine appears IIRC but if your blatting away at a bomber while its laying mines, you can kill the mines harmlessly as when deploying they are centered on the bomber, which you should be aiming at.

Drones also have this delay. Anything the bomber deploys goes "backwards" (relative to the facing of the bomber), and, if that position would result in something invalid (such as inside an object) it will "reflect". While the mine is moving and for like half a second after it becomes stationary it is not active.

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised mines and drones don't have variable arming times. You might be interested in a weak mine that arms faster or a strong mine that arms slower.

Hyperbeacons count as drones here: they must go into position to turn on. If you are coordinating beacons, remember this delay, and if you are fighting a bomber with beacons, a fast swap to the beacon can destroy it before even a perfectly coordinated team can launch a single ship out of it.

Drones also have this delay. Anything the bomber deploys goes "backwards" (relative to the facing of the bomber), and, if that position would result in something invalid (such as inside an object) it will "reflect". While the mine is moving and for like half a second after it becomes stationary it is not active.

From what I've seen the interdiction effect from interdiction sentries is applied instantly as soon as they appear, but I'm not sure when they start shooting - probably after the delay is correct here.

"Reflect" maybe isn't the best description. I think deployables just stop moving if they would move into a "solid" object (i.e. an object with active collision) otherwise - that's the reason tick bombers can be so annoying, all their deployables are in the exact same spot and therefore engange/detonate at almost the same time, depending on their respective radii of engagement.

Edit: A (maybe) nice addition to gameplay would be if RFL had shield pierce and/or a slight armor pierce (I remember something like this being mentioned in another thred). That would make them good against bombers while being accessible to new players (At the moment they're just good at denying bombers to deploy mines but they aren#t a big threat to the bombers themselves). Another nice thing would be if Ion Cannons had a splash damage with small radius (50-100 meters or something) to make them effective against tick bombers.

I didn't spend much thought on the balance issues of those changes, they just came to my mind while thinking about bombers.

Edited by Danalon

Edit: A (maybe) nice addition to gameplay would be if RFL had shield pierce and/or a slight armor pierce

No one in this thread doesn't want an RFL buff. I don't think anyone on the whole forums doesn't want an RFL buff. It just seems unneeded to randomly say it, you know?

Ex:

Edit: It would be good if we could work on that thing where dogs get old much faster than people.

No one in this thread doesn't want an RFL buff. I don't think anyone on the whole forums doesn't want an RFL buff. It just seems unneeded to randomly say it, you know?

Ex:

Edit: It would be good if we could work on that thing where dogs get old much faster than people.

Be careful what you wish for.

We're listening to your feedback! We've heard that you don't like discrepancy between dog and people aging speed.

As a result, in patch 4.0, we are accelerating people aging speed x7! This should make grouping with dogs much more convenient.

Edited by Nemarus

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The reason I asked is because there would be times where I'd chase a bomber, see him deploy a mine and I was never sure if I got hit from behind due to it activating and going off behind me because i was still in range, or that it blew up straight in my face as soon as it was deployed but it only registered behind me due to lag or something.

We're listening to your feedback! We've heard that you don't like discrepancy between dog and people aging speed.

As a result, in patch 4.0, we are accelerating people aging speed x7! This should make grouping with dogs much more convenient.

LOLOLOL

Totes.

In seriousness, what would be great is if the mine visual effect were absolutely exact instead of being, you know, close-ish.

All deployables have a 3 second arming time. I will look into the Interdiction drones slow effect for you guys and see if that is instant though.

Just checked. When an Interdiction Sentry is placed the interdiction effect is applied with only a fration of a second delay - just long enough to not hear the sounds of deploying and applying the interdiction effect at the same time.

Edited by Danalon