What did you do to Cybertech?

Mallorik

The problem with crafting in this game is that every player can craft. Since that is the case, it makes no difference what quality of gear they can craft. If they can craft gear that is better than looted, everyone will craft it for themselves. If the gear they can craft is worse than looted, they will loot the gear and ignore crafting.

This is why giving crafting to every character is a bad idea.

The problem with crafting in this game is that every player can craft. Since that is the case, it makes no difference what quality of gear they can craft. If they can craft gear that is better than looted, everyone will craft it for themselves. If the gear they can craft is worse than looted, they will loot the gear and ignore crafting.

This is why giving crafting to every character is a bad idea.

untrue. My Sage needs armor and lightsaber upgrades and I can only do one or the other. Not to mention implants and ear pieces and stims. You are just wrong.

I was surprised and disappointed to see you can buy Rank 5 ship parts from the starship upgrade vendor on the fleet (for credits, no less). Are we at least able to make ship upgrades better than ones we can find on vendors?

And can't you get purple gear of all kinds from these high-level commendation vendors? Or just mods? I haven't gotten there yet.

I was surprised and disappointed to see you can buy Rank 5 ship parts from the starship upgrade vendor on the fleet (for credits, no less). Are we at least able to make ship upgrades better than ones we can find on vendors?

And can't you get purple gear of all kinds from these high-level commendation vendors? Or just mods? I haven't gotten there yet.

implants and ear pieces

200-250 daily commendations

I do not get rich off of being a Cybertech, but I do make a decent amount of money by selling spaceship upgrades. I think it is also worth noting that I have sunk a lot of game time in to just crafting itself and the pay off other than just self satisfaction hasn't been anything to write home about. I feel it also isn't just Cybertechs that are suffering this fate that you are describing, I believe all the crafting skills have this issue.

Must be your server then, on freedom nadd (EU) i would get 50% more money from selling the mats then to sell spaceships upgrade. It is like ppl think the mats are free because they got scavenge and UT, silly ppl.

I think the easy solution is to make mods, armoring, barrels, crystals, and so on unremoveable. For mission rewards that are a piece of moddable gear with the mods included, when the player selects the piece he or she should actually receive a bag with the mods separate from the piece. If the player likes the piece, he or she puts the mods in; if the player prefers a different piece but needs the mods or upgrades, he or he can use the mods that way.

Just remove them from the VENDORS

The entire mod system should be taken off from vendors and be crafter exclusive

This! or more specifically, the blue and above mods should be taken away from vendors entirely, the green ones should stay as to not entirely GIMP players who choose not to buy them off crafters (which i see no reason for people NOT TO)