Black-Purple Crystals

Rankyn

It'd be nice if they didn't even send me the crystals, just did an account unlock via collections and sent me an email telling me what they did and how I can retrieve them.

I created a new character a week or so ago... and spent a couple minutes going through all the reward mails I get.

On the up-side, though, I can almost hit Level 2 just from the XP I get by claiming the pile of titles.

I would think that it would be more of a character grant that you get via email, kinda like the Lucky77 speeder.

This is my impression as well.

It'd be nice if they didn't even send me the crystals, just did an account unlock via collections and sent me an email telling me what they did and how I can retrieve them.

I created a new character a week or so ago... and spent a couple minutes going through all the reward mails I get.

On the up-side, though, I can almost hit Level 2 just from the XP I get by claiming the pile of titles.

I get twenty six mails, whenever creating a new character nowadays. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I would think that it would be more of a character grant that you get via email, kinda like the Lucky77 speeder.
The Lucky77 speeder is essentially account unlocked because every character you ever make will get one.

In fact, most promotional items are.

I'm just asking for confirmation.

Edited by Rankyn

More details:

The crystals will be delivered in a Black-Purple Striated Color Crystal Lockbox via in-game mail on or around March 31, 2015. See below for additional details on the items:

• All items have a Level 10 Requirement

• The Black-Purple Striated Color Crystal Lockbox is Bind on Pickup.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You can already preview the black-purple crystals in the collections, so I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to get copies of them. Additionally, you can just create a new character and send the crystals over.

How can you preview it? When I try it don't show on my lightsaber :\

How can you preview it? When I try it don't show on my lightsaber :\
To preview things that are in collections but aren't in the game, click any collection item that IS in the game and then click the one that isn't.

The "inspect item" box won't change but the item it lets you preview will.

Wait, do people actually think those look good?

That's not the point, the point is that we now get an infinite supply of +41 crystals for free for every alt. Previously, you'd had to buy them in the AH or CM, now everyone gets one.

Yes, there are non-lightsaber classes that don't see their color crystal too much, so those couldn't care less as long as they have two +41 crystals. :)

That's not the point, the point is that we now get an infinite supply of +41 crystals for free for every alt. Previously, you'd had to buy them in the AH or CM, now everyone gets one.

Yes, there are non-lightsaber classes that don't see their color crystal too much, so those couldn't care less as long as they have two +41 crystals. :)

I agree that it's a nice bit of swag, especially since we're getting all four types of buffs. But this would have been much nicer before I spent CC on packs to get other crystals, which are now free for all my characters under the Collections system. But, meh, I spent those CC last year and who would bother whining over 2014 CC? Not me! It's 2015!

If I were prone to lamenting wasted CC, I'd demand refunds of my 2013 CC spent on perks like improved fleet access, homeworld travel, field mailbox and repair droid, and just about every Star Ship upgrade ... you know, because ALL those purchases were rendered moot by the Stronghold.:mad:

I actually like the color of these crystals and will likely use it on some alts and/or comps.

So much for all the mats I farmed & bought to make +41 crystals. Looks like we will have a never-ending supply of them for free now, just like the pre-order crystal. Don't get me wrong, I like bonus stuff for being a sub, but it's a slap in the face to artificing.

So much for all the mats I farmed & bought to make +41 crystals. Looks like we will have a never-ending supply of them for free now, just like the pre-order crystal. Don't get me wrong, I like bonus stuff for being a sub, but it's a slap in the face to artificing.

That's funny. I don't see my free Black-Red that Artificers can make being mailed freely to me.

If there was a time to lament the narrowing use for Artifice for crystal crafting purposes, that ship sailed long ago.

Personally, I still use my Artificer when I want the colors only she can provide.

Edited by MillionsKNives