The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech build.

NightClawf

I'm kinda new to the whole MMORPG scene so I don't have that much knowledge about these things. Any tips for a good powertech build that specializes in shield tech?:o

Are you going to focus on PvP or PvE? The builds are very different for the two.

I looked at the pve build...could you suggest a build for pvp?

shieldtech

Stat wise you go full endurance build. All enhancements should be shield/absorb and all mods should be absorb. Augments should be fortitude.

Utilities

Bracer Propellant, Engulfing flames, Suppressive tools, Sonic rebounder, Torque boosters, enhanced Paralytics, Overdrive.

although if you want to completely prioritize utility over damage you could swap Engulfing flames with Iron Will.

Edited by Zoom_VI

shieldtech

Stat wise you go full endurance build. All enhancements should be shield/absorb and all mods should be absorb. Augments should be fortitude.

Utilities

Bracer Propellant, Engulfing flames, Suppressive tools, Sonic rebounder, Torque boosters, enhanced Paralytics, Overdrive.

although if you want to completely prioritize utility over damage you could swap Engulfing flames with Iron Will.

Thank you. While I was looking around the forums, I saw a screenshot of you and a couple other vanguards that did tons of damage along with lots of protection. Was that shieldtech? Can you elaborate on that build? It was pretty impressive, to me at least.

Thank you. While I was looking around the forums, I saw a screenshot of you and a couple other vanguards that did tons of damage along with lots of protection. Was that shieldtech? Can you elaborate on that build? It was pretty impressive, to me at least.

If its what I think it was, then yes it was in shieldtech. Also the build was nothing special we just ran shieldtech in our normal DPS gear with the aforementioned engulfing flames utility build and tossed guards around.

Shieldtech has the best AoE cleave of any of the trooper specs, (and we get more AoE in 3.1.1 :rak_03:) if you stack a bunch of shieldtechs like we occasionally do you can easily bring down 2-3 people at the same time. The fact that shieldtech also has amazing group control from riot gas and the snare on explosive surge just makes it easymode.