Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Depths of Manaan HM, Second Boss

Lately I have noticed that standing in the puddles does not give me a debuff that increases damage taken from lightning attacks, it seems to only pop up when the boss is casting flow/lightning storm. On tactical mode however a lesser version of the debuff (lightnig attacks stuns) does show up throughout the entire fight. Is this intentional or a bug?

Lately I have noticed that standing in the puddles does not give me a debuff that increases damage taken from lightning attacks, it seems to only pop up when the boss is casting flow/lightning storm. On tactical mode however a lesser version of the debuff (lightnig attacks stuns) does show up throughout the entire fight. Is this intentional or a bug?

The lack of the puddle debuff has been status quo in HM since 3.0 came out. At this point I don't think it is a bug since the devs haven't said anything about it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they added the debuff back since it would make the fight more interesting, requiring the tank to kite the puddles rather than drop them in place. It would get especially interesting when the tank has to kite puddles while also trying to keep agro on the adds. However, judging from my experience in pugs, I doubt the majority of pug tanks would be able to handle it.

The lack of the puddle debuff has been status quo in HM since 3.0 came out. At this point I don't think it is a bug since the devs haven't said anything about it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they added the debuff back since it would make the fight more interesting, requiring the tank to kite the puddles rather than drop them in place. It would get especially interesting when the tank has to kite puddles while also trying to keep agro on the adds. However, judging from my experience in pugs, I doubt the majority of pug tanks would be able to handle it.

If they added that debuff back in for challenge, they'd also have to make the boss reset when taken outside of his room. Right now pug groups with crap healers/tank/dps (in other words, most) try to insist you tank the boss outside the room so the adds never spawn. Since I usually play tank when I queue and queue with at least 1 other friend, we never do this, to show pugs the adds aren't satan incarnate if you just focus them down quick and use cooldowns/stuns.

If they added that debuff back in for challenge, they'd also have to make the boss reset when taken outside of his room. Right now pug groups with crap healers/tank/dps (in other words, most) try to insist you tank the boss outside the room so the adds never spawn. Since I usually play tank when I queue and queue with at least 1 other friend, we never do this, to show pugs the adds aren't satan incarnate if you just focus them down quick and use cooldowns/stuns.

I do this to save time/sanity and repair bill when tanking so no it's not due to skill level but sheer boredom. Same with BH and Tython. Funny I was told of this method for Manaan by members of a guild leading progression on my server and most of the good players in my server queue do this as well as it makes fight pug stupid proof as I'm not their teacher. Until they make fun non remakes of tacticals I don't waste time after I've completed it the non-cheese way the first time. Plus the rewards are poop.

Edited by FerkWork

The bug with the door no closing has been fixed.

On the subject of the adds: I usually dont really bother tanking them, unless the dps are slow to peel of the healer, with decent dps the adds die within seconds anyway, so attempting to tank them is not really worth the aggravation imo.

Kiting is the exact opposite of what you want to do with this boss on HM. Try to get everyone to stack on the boss until its time to run. Then you don't have half the room covered with puddles.

That's exactly how you beat that boss, everyone needs to stack. Then run out as needed. This will limit the puddles to a smaller area. Another advantage to stacking is the healer can aoe heal, and when the adds show, they go right to the group. Kill them, back on boss.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.