The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

Hi, I named more than Harbinger guilds that replenished their raids with talent. I named 2 guilds on POT5, a dead server, that compete for talent, being able to replenish their raid pool. Also, there is a 3rd guild on that server that recruited MANY people and recently got their revan kill. I don't see what's server dependent or even Zorz reliant about it. Many players server transfer for progression, and if a raid guild has an atmosphere, or at least a certain pedigree, all they have to do is their job as officers to recruit. Another non Harb example is Exit Area that has worked their butts off to recruit talent and have been rewarded with Revan kills in 8 and 16. As for the gated content, the first time I went 4/5 in the first week of content, I had level 55 gear, and the first revan kill was almost entirely in level 55 save for some SM pieces. I wouldn't call it that gear gated. Not nearly as much as WoW where there are literal gates of ilevels, dungeon progression before raid progression....As for groups that haven't started raiding until February, I see that too, usually the remains of a previous guild with bad leadership (not firing shots at groups, I'm actually very glad to see the number of raiders that make their own raid guilds when leadership is holding the groups back).

Pot5 is so dead they had to let me in a raid group. Sure glad i got vulkar to carry me :p

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I named more than Harbinger guilds that replenished their raids with talent. I named 2 guilds on POT5, a dead server, that compete for talent, being able to replenish their raid pool. Also, there is a 3rd guild on that server that recruited MANY people and recently got their revan kill. I don't see what's server dependent or even Zorz reliant about it. Many players server transfer for progression, and if a raid guild has an atmosphere, or at least a certain pedigree, all they have to do is their job as officers to recruit. Another non Harb example is Exit Area that has worked their butts off to recruit talent and have been rewarded with Revan kills in 8 and 16. As for the gated content, the first time I went 4/5 in the first week of content, I had level 55 gear, and the first revan kill was almost entirely in level 55 save for some SM pieces. I wouldn't call it that gear gated. Not nearly as much as WoW where there are literal gates of ilevels, dungeon progression before raid progression....As for groups that haven't started raiding until February, I see that too, usually the remains of a previous guild with bad leadership (not firing shots at groups, I'm actually very glad to see the number of raiders that make their own raid guilds when leadership is holding the groups back).

I didn't mention gear. Some players took weeks before getting a character to level 60 for one reason or another. Given that before 3.0 the general attitude among the entire raiding community was "no one cares about HM", no one felt a rush to do so. And it sounds like those other servers still retained a healthy enough base of raiders. I can't speak for them, I just know that Harbinger is the go-to server for raiders, and JC is looked at as a casual, basically-RP server for a reason. All of the good players are either already on a team to which they are loyal, or have transferred. And only one of those teams was pre-nerf NiM tier, and most of the people on it are gone.

And this is pretty much agreed by the majority of German players whose abilities and potential I know well (which is an easy thing to accomplish, given there's only one German server these days so you meet all the people you ever played with there).

You mean one Server in general? Or one server where there's actually progression? :D

Seriously, even on VC we have 3 or 4 really good guilds, but yeah, the majority of german progression comes from T3.

No Idea what it looks like on JKS, tbh, but that's a pvp server and, afaik, pretty much dead.

And on a side note, afaik we are a bit ahead of you :p

I'm not saying this tier of content isn't hard. This tier of raids? Harder than any other in previous history. I'm not trying to tell people "game is easy, get gud." I'm just saying that the whole "oh we'd be that good if we didn't have work/school/a real life" this is just annoying. I have guildies that are in grad school. I have guildies who are getting married. In my previous NiM guild, we had a healer who traveled EVERY WEEK for work and raided from a hotel, a new father who literally had to quit a raid mid pull because his wife went into labor, another healer who worked full time at McDonalds, the list goes on. Again. The tier is hard. It's much harder than previous tiers of HM content and slightly harder than the last tier of NiM content. But the whole "time" argument as a reason people can say they are just as good but don't get to "no life" it is just dumb. Most of the people I raid with have lives and things to do day-to-day. You either choose to make your life more effecient to give you more time to raid, or you don't. That's it.

PS it was always fun to see your guild progress in previous tiers, IIRC I saw your guild's strat powerpoint thingy for Council and I would LOVE to see what you guys put together for Revan.

I totally agree, it's always a combination of talent and dedication.

I'm surprised and flattered you took notice of our ppt vids. That's actually us trying to deal with not so much talent by trying to come up with detailed plans of exactly what each player should be doing. Works as long as nothing unexpected happens, cause then we will f*** up gloriously :D We figured we might as well include our internal info in our vids to maybe help other German players who can't read the better English guides.

We stopped doing that though, since we got our kills rather late in this tier of content. We had lost a few players and at the same time our recruitment guys had tough times at work. Partly it was a deliberate decision to stop pushing as hard as we had done in dread Ops NiM, for that had negative effects on guild peace. Add that to our limited amount of talent - which is still the main reason - and you suck even worse ;) As a result we felt with so many German guilds knowing what to do ahead of us there was no need to still do vid "guides" as it would be a bit embarassing giving others advice.

We're still stuck on Cora/Ruugar atm, so we haven't even pulled Revan on HM. However, I will tell our raidlead Mapleleafs (NHL fan :cool:) that even Zorz players were watching his vids. Maybe this way I can get him to do another ppt for Revan (I'm sure we do need one!) and include it in our vid, once we get the kill in 6 months :eek:

To add onto this, the three guilds I assume he's talking about are DnT, Hates you, and recently Provectus on Pot5. DnT and Hates you got their kills because they were already talented and dedicated and yes, they can recruit better players as a result. Provectus was successful in our kill because we took quite a few players from Harbinger who were disgruntled with their guild's lack of progression. Jurb, Zeern, Prodigy, Shadow, Meno, and myself are all very good players who were all in guilds that were 8 or 9 out of 10, but couldn't seem to get any further. So we all went to Pot5 and worked our asses off on revan and were rewarded by being in our first two kills of revan.

The idea that server is indicative of success is stupid. Pot5 is arguably one of the most competitive "pve" server at the world first level in the game and as he said, it's almost completely dead.

Edited by mastirkal

I totally agree, it's always a combination of talent and dedication.

I'm surprised and flattered you took notice of our ppt vids. That's actually us trying to deal with not so much talent by trying to come up with detailed plans of exactly what each player should be doing. Works as long as nothing unexpected happens, cause then we will f*** up gloriously :D We figured we might as well include our internal info in our vids to maybe help other German players who can't read the better English guides.

We stopped doing that though, since we got our kills rather late in this tier of content. We had lost a few players and at the same time our recruitment guys had tough times at work. Partly it was a deliberate decision to stop pushing as hard as we had done in dread Ops NiM, for that had negative effects on guild peace. Add that to our limited amount of talent - which is still the main reason - and you suck even worse ;) As a result we felt with so many German guilds knowing what to do ahead of us there was no need to still do vid "guides" as it would be a bit embarassing giving others advice.

We're still stuck on Cora/Ruugar atm, so we haven't even pulled Revan on HM. However, I will tell our raidlead Mapleleafs (NHL fan :cool:) that even Zorz players were watching his vids. Maybe this way I can get him to do another ppt for Revan (I'm sure we do need one!) and include it in our vid, once we get the kill in 6 months :eek:

I think it's amazing when guilds work toward killing bosses, and of course I checked your guild's progression whenever I could during DP. I'm one of those people that can usually spout off the list of pre nerf kills, post nerf kills, and (with some error) usually can state them in order. I'm just weird and put a lot of care into our little raiding community. And the Council PPT was fascinating for many reasons, not least of which that in my goofy brain, that PPT would be harder for me to execute than sort of organically doing the fight (I mean everyone had phased strats, but that strategy was just amazingly specific), so I was very impressed that you guys had it down to a science like that.

I've had a talk with some guildies throughout the past few months, and though I know some disagree with me, I feel like certain guilds that take longer to kill fights in content can actually become more efficient than some of the guilds that kill it earlier (with exceptions obviously) because they've wiped to it more and tried out more things to get that workable, repeatable strategy. It's always great to see a guild that took a long time to kill a fight and the next week or so it's a two shot and they just sort of surprise themselves at how much they've improved.

TLDR it's really fun to watch other guilds progress, and I wish you the best of luck on getting those final bosses down.

Edited by justinplainview

Pot5 is arguably one of the most competitive "pve" server at the world first level in the game and as he said, it's almost completely dead.

It's rare to find a single sentence that contradicts itself. Your server obviously isn't "dead" if it has a strong enough raider base to compete for world firsts. It doesn't matter if the total population is lower if the population that it does have consists of NiM-level raiders.

It's rare to find a single sentence that contradicts itself. Your server obviously isn't "dead" if it has a strong enough raider base to compete for world firsts. It doesn't matter if the total population is lower if the population that it does have consists of NiM-level raiders.

It's still a dead server. It lacks people and probably should be merged with another server. Just because the bottleneck at the top of the raiding on that server, doesn't change that it is still a dead server with a bad pug scene because no one can get a full team together and not that many raiding guilds.

Edited by mastirkal

I've had a talk with some guildies throughout the past few months, and though I know some disagree with me, I feel like certain guilds that take longer to kill fights in content can actually become more efficient than some of the guilds that kill it earlier (with exceptions obviously) because they've wiped to it more and tried out more things to get that workable, repeatable strategy. It's always great to see a guild that took a long time to kill a fight and the next week or so it's a two shot and they just sort of surprise themselves at how much they've improved.

This is an interesting line of thinking. Actually that's how it usually is for us: It takes us quite a while to come up with that kind of detailed strat. Once we manage to execute it correctly, we get the kill. After that boss is usually "on farm status", though sometimes second kill can be a bit of an issue.

Another reason why we do it is that we have changing lineups and the ppts make sure everyone knows what to do, even if he/she wasn't there last time.

But, to be clear about that: We'd rather be good enough to just improvise more like you guys can :-)

TLDR it's really fun to watch other guilds progress, and I wish you the best of luck on getting those final bosses down.

Thanks, man, that's really kind of you, I'll pass it on and I think it will help push our motivation :)

Since you got Revan HM down so many times I can probably only wish you guys luck on your 13th alt ;-) And best of luck (though I doubt you need it) with next tier of content.

BTW: Really like your Sin's character name. "Mercenary is so overrated" ;-)

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

grats! how much time u spent on revan with this composition?

Effectively about month and a half. Last 3 weeks were kind of lost due to RL, today was a first day after a 'break'.

. Pardon the quality, this is just a laptop.

Effectively about month and a half. Last 3 weeks were kind of lost due to RL, today was a first day after a 'break'.

And here I was thinking how the **** did rambo from harbinger somehow get a kill.

Edited by mastirkal

And here I was thinking how the **** did rambo from harbinger somehow get a kill.

maybe harbringer is not the only server in this game? Or maybe I should just play my cliche vanguard less

Updated grats ninja looters tuned in at times watching you guys grind.

On topic: I've unsubscribed ( loss of forum access) in 14 days, I'll keep it updated until then. After if someones wants the copy/paste feel free to ask.

I'm sure soon we'll have answers or even a announcement. Best of luck to all those still hunting Revan kills and still working on other bosses.

Edited by JDotter

maybe harbringer is not the only server in this game? Or maybe I should just play my cliche vanguard less

Nah I mean Rambo was a pretty well known ******e on harb way back when. I was getting at I thought he got a kill for a second before realizing it wasn't the same person. Also no other server exists. There is only harbinger.

Edited by mastirkal

Congrats. I was watching your tanks stream almost everyday rooting for you guys lol