Bring back World PvP

-Ved-

For some of us "Founders" who have been here since launch I have to say, as broken at times as it was "Illum" PvP was amazing. I actually felt like I was apart of this Galactic War struggles. Between mounting turrets to the amazing battle in the middle scrounging for items for quests. I think a lot of people who left in 2012 were due to the demise of Illum. And this could easily be fixed by making Illum a phased World PvP zone.

Each side has a cap of 50 imps and 50 rebels. Once you meet that cap, the next phase of the zone begins. This would limit the amount of lag server wide.

-OR-

You could also make Illum a giant Warzone to queue for. 25 v 25, first base to be destroyed under 20 mins wins! I am happy with the direction Swtor is going, but as an old school Founder of the launched game. Bring back Illum in some way or fashion.

P.S. Allow us to Q for Hutt Ball only if we choose to as well, thanks.

Regards,

I don't think this engine can handle more than 8v8 without crashing to 1 fps.

I've been in plenty of 50v50 battles and have no problems with FPS and my machine is several years old. Any average video card and lowered settings will allow you to pvp no problem in large scale battles.

wait a bit and go ganking on ilum for gree event..

lame....very lame......i am thinking a challenge would be more fun, isn't that what pvp'ers say when they get asked why they love pvp so much.....the challenge of facing other players instead of the AI? so far all i see with pvp are players trying to avoid the least bit of challenge to make sure they always win..

lame....very lame......i am thinking a challenge would be more fun, isn't that what pvp'ers say when they get asked why they love pvp so much.....the challenge of facing other players instead of the AI? so far all i see with pvp are players trying to avoid the least bit of challenge to make sure they always win..

If you read PvPer comments in chat, you'd think the reason PvPers PvP is so they can whine and make excuses and rationalize how a loss was really a win.

If you read PvPer comments in chat, you'd think the reason PvPers PvP is so they can whine and make excuses and rationalize how a loss was really a win.

Did HH roll on your server to do that there too? But yeah, it seems like if its not people screaming about the other team hacking, its that the rest of their team was all scrubs...

Yet another reason i avoid the fleet like the plague...

For some of us "Founders" who have been here since launch I have to say, as broken at times as it was "Illum" PvP was amazing. I actually felt like I was apart of this Galactic War struggles. Between mounting turrets to the amazing battle in the middle scrounging for items for quests. I think a lot of people who left in 2012 were due to the demise of Illum. And this could easily be fixed by making Illum a phased World PvP zone.

Each side has a cap of 50 imps and 50 rebels. Once you meet that cap, the next phase of the zone begins. This would limit the amount of lag server wide.

-OR-

You could also make Illum a giant Warzone to queue for. 25 v 25, first base to be destroyed under 20 mins wins! I am happy with the direction Swtor is going, but as an old school Founder of the launched game. Bring back Illum in some way or fashion.

Well logically you'd think this would be possible in today's day and age. After all, almost every mmo out there these days allows for large, instanced type pvp or open world with capped phase numbers like you suggest. But unfortunately this game can't even handle multiple guilds doing multiple phases of a 16man operation without causing issues these days. This crap engine they used to make the game just can't handle it unfortunately. Which is a shame because it would be awesome to have such things.

-OR-

P.S. Allow us to Q for Hutt Ball only if we choose to as well, thanks.

Regards,

Well, since the roadmap has been "revealed" I think it is safe to say the Dev-Team is focussiong on story instead of PvP as sad as this is for some people. What they could do for update 3.2 for example is a way to make the zone on tatooine more active. Something like a 25v25 battle could easily happen there. How to build this so the other players on Tatooine wont be affected I don't know but I imagine that the can just take the area and make an arena out of it.

(a hutball match could with some tweaks also be possible here)

So instead of making an entire planet PvP again, even though how awesome this was, I think they should start with areas like this.

Anyone with me on this Idea?